The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Bench Test Results: Vapcell 32A 4200mAh 26650…same as good performing Aspire/Golisi/iJoy

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Mooch, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mooch

Mooch Electron Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    These tests below only note the estimated ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage. They are not meant to be used outside of a protected battery pack. Never exceed the battery’s continuous current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

Any rating in my ratings tables can change at any time as different grade cells appear on the market or we get swamped with fakes. Please, never assume that the ratings in the tables are permanent and will never change! Always download the latest version before considering any cell purchase.

If the battery has only one unexplained current rating number, or if it only says "max", then I have to assume the battery is rated at that current level for any type of discharge, including continuous.

8C9753B9-175B-4F6F-B33B-1FEE551ACD72.jpeg FB6213EB-A69E-45CD-9E8E-A84A952F5AC8.jpeg 23126B2F-E927-4874-91DF-169EA349F267.jpeg 85BDF666-F31B-4D63-BD19-0FBA256D020C.jpeg

Bottom Line
    I am delighted to see the ratings on this cell. It looks and performs the same as the good cell wrapped by Aspire, Golisi, and iJoy for their 4200mAh-4300mAh rated 26650’s (when I tested them) but this Vapcell has its 32A continuous current rating clearly marked on the wrap and no “pulse” or “max” rating. This is fantastic and I hope more companies start doing this.

I estimate this cell’s ratings to be 30A-32A and 4100mAh-4200mAh. As with many cells that are manufactured in China there is greater cell-cell variation than from Samsung, Sony, LG, and Panasonic/Sanyo. That makes it difficult to pick a single number for the ratings.

Two cells were donated for the purposes of testing by Vapcell (Shenzhen VapCell Technology Co., Ltd.). Thank you!

Continuous Current Discharge Graphs
    768FA194-8177-4EB0-9BC4-11CE5A7B1708.jpeg 55F2D034-C287-4A4A-9327-50B94408501F.jpeg

Ratings Graphic
    F89E6209-565B-445E-A73C-27AECA78882D.jpeg

Performance Specs
    • DC Internal Resistance = 20.8mOhms (milliohms) average for the two cells.
    • Total energy delivered down to 3.2V at 10A continuous = 13.0Wh (Watt-hours) average.
    • Total energy delivered down to 3.2V at 20A continuous = 10.9Wh (Watt-hours) average.
    • Total energy delivered down to 3.2V at 30A continuous = 6.8Wh (Watt-hours) average.

Comments
    • Vapcell paid a fee to be moved to the front of the testing queue, which currently has a 10-12 week backlog. This cannot influence my test results as they pay in advance, have no say about what is in this report, and I don’t care if any company never does this or donates batteries again. My reputation is a lot more important than any battery donation or payment.
    • To see how other cells have tested check out this link: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/list-of-battery-tests.7436/

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Thanks for the review. My dealer/neighbor Jon from Liionwholesale sells this battery and the Ijoy. I guess I can not lose with either one!

I wonder what the Vapcells voltage curves would look like at 10A against the Golisi,Ijoy and Aspire?

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    Compare them. :)
    Pick a voltage, perhaps 3.2V, and see what capacity each delivers down to that point.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sorry if I confused you. I do not have any of the batteries[yet]. I was just making a statement.

I see you compared them @ 30A . I was wondering what the graph would like like at 10A?

I am not a vapor[I hope u do not kick me out!]. HKJ did not test this cell so I have no way of knowing how it acts w/ loads other than 30A.

Thanks,,,,,,,,,

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    Check my continuous current discharge graphs for each battery for the 10A discharge curve. Pick a voltage and note the capacity that battery reached at 10A at that voltage. Do that for each battery. The highest number indicates the best performer.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015

Wait...the other cells you mentioned are the same battery as this one, as mentioned in my test report. The exact same battery. There is no difference between them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The 30A graph shows the Vapcell sagging a lot more in the beginning and then catching up to the others.That seems like a difference to me..but then again with the vaping regulator that a member explained to me this may not matter. For modified flash light guy who is a fish "Out of water" here[!],,,that can make a difference.

What I am looking for is a constant current graph like you have for the 30A that also includes several other batteries for comparative analysis.Inclusive to the 30A would be 10A/15A/20A. Basically a comparator like HKJ has.I am addicted to that! I can compare numerous Amp draws for two different batteries,pick the winner and bring in another challenger!

Thanks for your time Mooch

,,,,BTW,,,How did you get that nick name?Were you always drinking someone else's beer?!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    Hmm...same cell though so probably just cell to cell differences. But I’ll check.

A comparator is on the wish list but it’s been there for a year so I don’t know if it will ever be done. No time.

Mooch has nothing to do with the dictionary definition. It is one syllable from an unfortunate grade school nickname that was rhyming off something else.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ^^^^

Thank you Mooch for your responsiveness and all your information.:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
  11. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
  12. done deal, Time to hit the trail w/ CAPO my Siberian!

• Like Like x 1
  13. ANYBODY??? How do I change my user name? I looked at the settings and can not find anything to do that.

,Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I believe you may have to ask a mod to do it? Could PM one and ask?

Anna

15. ^^^^

Thank you Anna.:D

Where do I find them?!

I just sent a message to support!

• Like Like x 1
  16. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I guess that should work too the mods should get that message I think. I guess it will be whoever is about.

Anna

17. Thank you Anna and ECF mods/staff. My username edit was very expedient!

Capo is my Husky[means Boss or Chief in Italian] And Cochise[Malamute/GSD] was my other dogs name and Capo's Middle name!

Hence CapoCochise777!:thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.