Bench Test Results: Vapcell Green 25A 2600mAh 18650...accurately rated, beats VTC5A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These tests below only note the ESTIMATED ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, Murata, LG, Panasonic, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage. They are not meant to be used outside of a protected battery pack. Never exceed the battery’s current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

If the battery has only one current rating number, or if it only says "max", then I have to assume the battery is rated at that current level for any type of discharge, including continuous.

A766B716-7FA7-4E47-BDF9-82E081863314.jpeg E2E55925-1F29-481F-A996-FF27F2AF9E83.jpeg 230C8885-2198-46F2-A1D4-8A3387995CD5.jpeg 9AEAE07D-B9D1-4EB1-AC39-3AB88DBBBE6E.jpeg

Bottom Line
    This is a fantastic performing cell, easily beating the VTC5A and essentially performing the same as the 18650 VTC6A. The Samsung 20S still hits harder for most of a discharge at high current levels but the 20S’ lower capacity rating means that eventually this cell (and the VTC6A) run for longer as the voltage drops.

It’s not a Samsung, Sony, etc., rewrap and doesn’t appear to be a China manufactured cell. I think I know which cell it is but I need to do some other testing before I can say anything definitive. Hopefully it becomes more widely available soon as it’s a great performer for both regulated and unregulated/mechanical devices.

The four cells I tested delivered 2656mAh - 2672mAh at 500mA (0.2C) down to 2.5V. This is very good consistency.

I am ESTIMATING this Vapcell’s ratings to be 25A continuous (about 75W) and 2500mAh.

Four cells were donated for the purposes of testing by Vapcell (Vapcell batteries, chargers, vape batteries). Thank you!

Continuous Current Discharge Graphs
    6E851F79-3FAB-433C-A932-2617D0C83D8F.jpeg BB68923E-BCCA-45EA-B324-72CFB2DDC542.jpeg

Ratings Graphic
    E03C42BB-2D8C-4AD9-B1C6-1EA2AD5C36A3.jpeg

Performance Specs
    DC Internal Resistance = 17.4mOhms (milliohms) average for the two cells.
    Total energy delivered down to 3.2V at 10A continuous = 7.9Wh
    Total energy delivered down to 3.2V at 20A continuous = 6.3Wh

I want to work for the vaping community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability and testing news and a say in what I test then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch is creating battery tests and educating vapers | Patreon.

Vapcell paid a fee to be moved to the front of the testing queue, which currently has a 10-12 week backlog. This cannot influence my test results as this is science, not a subjective review. In addition, they pay in advance, have no say about what is in this report, and I don’t care if any company never does this or donates batteries again. My reputation is a lot more important than any battery donation or fee to be moved to the front of the queue.

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    It’s not a Samsung, Sony, etc., rewrap and doesn’t appear to be a China manufactured cell. I think I know which cell it is but I need to do some other testing before I can say anything definitive.
    Now you've gotten my curiosity aroused. What could it be? :unsure:

I can't seem to find the thread now, but a post was made last week where someone said Holm Life/Holm Tech (Indonesian company) was commissioning LG Chem to make their 18650 batteries. Any word on this, Mooch?

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX

I can't seem to find the thread now, but a post was made last week where someone said Holm Life/Holm Tech (Indonesian company) was commissioning LG Chem to make their 18650 batteries. Any word on this, Mooch?

Looks kind of like an LG Battery to me but they don't have a 2500mAh 25A battery.

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Looks kind of like an LG Battery to me but they don't have a 2500mAh 25A battery.
    True, but maybe Vapcell is commissioning LG Chem to make a special battery with those specs for them. Personally, I would think that would be an economically risky move on both parties part, because Vapcell would have to contract for a fairly large number of them for it to be economically worthwhile for LG. But battery manufacturers do make specific batteries with specific specifications for different companies.

That is probably why we have such a wide range of batteries available currently, when just a few years ago there were only a few high drain batteries on the market that we could use. I can remember when our only choices were AW, Efest, and the Trustfire/Surefire/Ultrafire batteries. There were no LG, Samsung, or Sony batteries available for us at that time.

Last edited:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

AFAIK, HohmTech (HT) is a China and USA company as Shenzhen HohmTech is part of it. HT said they were working with Indonesia Chemistry (IC) to modify the HE2 and HG2 for them as IC was supposed to be one company making cells for LG Chem. But then the HohmLife cell suddenly started looking identical to the Samsung 30Q...very confusing.

Some of HT’s cells might not be made in partnership with IC though IMHO.

I don’t know where the HohmLife V2 and HohmWork V2 cells coming to market now are made but it would make sense that they would want to stick with IC if possible.

• Informative
    Reactions: Baditude

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2018
    Berlin
    I think that this is a ridiculous idea, that one of the big manufacturer would work together with a small retailing company for eCigarettes!!!
    Just 2 weeks ago Murata (Sony) shut down the retailing of batteries on Amazon world wide...and Amazon is not just a no-name Retailing company.
    Now are coming those guys and claim to work together with one of the largest manufacturer?! This "Fake-News" can only come from a company that has no understanding of what is happening in the world of batteries these days (in my opinion)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread