Bench Test Results: Vapcell Green 28A 2000mAh 18650...accurately rated, consistent performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These tests below only note the ESTIMATED ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, Murata, LG, Panasonic, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage. They are not meant to be used outside of a protected battery pack. Never exceed the battery’s current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

If the battery has only one current rating number, or if it only says "max", then I have to assume the battery is rated at that current level for any type of discharge, including continuous.

7D104A04-D6C5-4330-A8E7-BFA0EED4B9A1.jpeg 140F8A9F-AE9E-49A4-98A9-1141C89E3775.jpeg FD745CDA-2399-4A3D-A439-817478C900BC.jpeg D91BA5BB-598D-4D32-B9FD-4F481BB1EB6C.jpeg

Bottom Line
    This cell is accurately rated and is a good performer. The VTC5A/5D/6A and Samsung 20S still hit harder though, especially the 20S which is still the hardest hitting 18650.

The cell-to-cell consistency of these Vapcells was very good, equal to cells from the major OEMs like Samsung, Sony, etc. They do not physically match any OEM cell I have though. I do not know where they were manufactured and Vapcell hasn’t responded to my question about that.

The four cells I tested delivered 2106mAh to 2128mAh at 400mA (0.2C) down to 2.5V. This is a very small range of values and is great to see.

I am ESTIMATING this Vapcell’s ratings to be 28A continuous (about 80W) and 2000mAh.

Four cells were donated for the purposes of testing by Vapcell (Vapcell batteries, chargers, vape batteries).

Continuous Current Discharge Graph
    28A7B297-8076-4651-9B0D-F987BE4C8AEB.png

Ratings Graphic
    F8E942A8-1A4E-4DBD-9868-8AC5780FF4DC.jpeg

Performance Specs
    DC Internal Resistance = 16.7mOhms (milliohms) average for the four cells.
    Total energy delivered down to 3.2V at 10A continuous = 6.3Wh
    Total energy delivered down to 3.2V at 20A continuous = 5.2Wh

I want to work for the vaping community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability and testing news and a say in what I test then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch is creating battery tests and educating vapers | Patreon.

Vapcell paid a fee to be moved to the front of the testing queue, which currently has a 10-12 week backlog. This cannot influence my test results as this is science, not a subjective review. In addition, they pay in advance, have no say about what is in this report, and I don’t care if any company never does this or donates batteries again. My reputation is a lot more important than any battery donation or fee to be moved to the front of the queue.

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2016
    Alhama de Murcia, Spain
    Vapcell seems to be taking their rating policy with seriousness, which is of benefit to everyone. The capacity rating is probably met down to 2.8V.
    Curious positive pole shape. Any idea of the OEM? Besides pricing this sort of secrecy is something I cannot endorse, though I can understand the provided service to Joe/Jane Vapingpack. :D

Cheers :)

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Vapcell seems to be taking their rating policy with seriousness, which is of benefit to everyone. The capacity rating is probably met down to 2.8V.
    Curious positive pole shape. Any idea of the OEM? Besides pricing this sort of secrecy is something I cannot endorse, though I can understand the provided service to Joe/Jane Vapingpack. :D

Cheers :)

A China cell most likely but I do not know who. We’ll probably never know which China manufacturers are being used as it gives another rewrappers a name to buy cells from if we post it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread