The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Bench Test Results: Vapcell Purple 10A 1100mAh 18350...accurately rated

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Mooch, May 16, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mooch

Mooch Electron Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    These tests below only note the estimated ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage. They are not meant to be used outside of a protected battery pack. Never exceed the battery’s current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

If the battery has only one current rating number, or if it only says "max", then I have to assume the battery is rated at that current level for any type of discharge, including continuous.

C479DED0-A1EF-46D5-B7C1-53023B46551D.jpeg 4E020F48-9920-4BE4-99F9-A18D6331956E.jpeg 9D124070-EFF9-4EBB-8CF9-0A535C259D85.jpeg 7AD41768-EADD-473D-A7C2-7E204BBDBE22.jpeg

Bottom Line
    This Vapcell is accurately rated and wasn’t overheating at 10A continuous but, as with most 18350’s, there was a lot of voltage sag at 10A.

The two cells I tested delivered 1139mAh and 1186mAh at 0.5A down to 2.5V, meeting its claimed 1100mAh rating.

As this is the first 18350 I have tested in a long time I can not compare its performance to any others yet but the updated 18350 table will be released in a week or two and as other 18350’s are added it will be easy to compare them.

I am estimating this Vapcell’s ratings at 10A and 1100mAh but due to the normal limitations for any cell this small I recommend staying below 10A for better performance, long cell life, and reduced risk.

I do not yet know who will be selling this cell or when it will become available.

Two cells were donated for the purposes of testing by Vapcell (www.vapcelltech.com).

Continuous Current Discharge Graph
    3CAFF0D6-6F4B-423C-BA96-993F1B1188C3.jpeg

Ratings Graphic
    35E3E779-93D8-4B8C-A454-DBFED226AD55.jpeg

Performance Specs
    - DC Internal Resistance = 42.1mOhms (milliohms) average for the two cells.
    - Total energy delivered down to 3.2V at 5A continuous = 2.6Wh (Watt-hours) average.
    - Total energy delivered down to 3.2V at 10A continuous = 1.7Wh (Watt-hours) average.

I want to work for the vaping community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability and testing news and a say in what I test then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch is creating battery tests and educating vapers | Patreon

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/list-of-battery-tests.7436/

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. DrSarcasmo

DrSarcasmo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I have a question about the clear plastic outer wrapping over the button top version of these cells. I bought a pair of these and they wouldn't fit in my Hammer mod because there is a clear plastic outer wrapping over the battery. This covers the security sticker preventing me from using the scratcher to see the serial number, so I assume the clear plastic outer wrap is supposed to be removed. I removed the clear wrap from one of the cells and it fit perfectly in my mod. Am I correct to assume the clear plastic wrapper is meant to be removed and safe to do so?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    If the clear wrap covers the top and bottom of the battery it will have to be removed for the battery to work. Just don’t remove the battery’s wrap though as that is a huge safety issue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DrSarcasmo

Jun 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    The clear wrap doesn't cover the top or bottom terminals, so the battery works if put in a device. It's just thicker in circumference because of the clear wrap, which seems to hold on the white collar that goes over the button top. The purple wrap directly on the battery's body I don't touch, as that's what is holding the battery together. I included a photo of the battery to illustrate the wrapper and white disk. Notice the disk is thin and flexible by it's being bent by the wrapper. I think they make these from flat-top 18350 cells and just solder a button connector and cover it with the white disk and clear plastic wrapper. Thank you for your help, Mooch!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    The wrap could be holding on the button top. Perhaps it’s spot-welded on though. Don’t remove that clear wrap.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DrSarcasmo

Jun 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I unwrapped the one cell, out of the two, and the button top is spot welded to the top of the battery. I keep the plastic disc on for insulation. The other I will keep wrapped up. I only use them for my hammer mod and that has a teflon sleeve insulator inside for added protection so I should be good. So far they are working well. I'd buy them again. We shall see how long they last. I thank you for your help, Mooch!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    Glad they’re spot welded on, thanks for the info!
    Grab a pin 18650 wrap, cut it down, and replace that clear wrap you removed. It’s a critical safety feature and should be replaced before you use that battery.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Hey @Mooch

Thanks so much for all the work you do for us in the vaping community!

Just to confirm...these cells tested well?

I’m looking for some 18350’s, and AW brand (my #1 go-to) seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Planning to use these in a Provari P3, with a 1.0~ ohm build, running between 10-15 watts.

Thanks again, and in advance!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    Thanks!
    Check my blog for the link to my 18350 ratings table. The top three are identified there.

• Like Like x 2
  10. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Hey Mooch!

Thank you very much!

I just want to say I feel really safe, knowing that I can look up your ratings and test results when I’m searching for a new battery...

I see on your 18350 spec sheet, that the Vapcell worked out to some great results.

Out of curiosity, I looked them up and found them on a website I’ve not shopped before.

https://liionwholesale.com/products/vapcell-18350

Have you heard of this website before?

I have always shopped at RTDelectronix, and IMRbatteries.

Thanks again, and in advance.

I know you’re a very busy person, and I greatly appreciate your help.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mooch

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    They are a reliable site used by many vapers. Check out my blog for a list of good vendors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1