Bench Test Results: Vapcell Purple 3100mAh 35A 21700...appears to be 30T, an incredible 35A cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These tests below only note the estimated ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage. They are not meant to be used outside of a protected battery pack. Never exceed the battery’s continuous current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

If the battery has only one current rating number, or if it only says "max", then I have to assume the battery is rated at that current level for any type of discharge, including continuous.

E66C2A59-4F96-4DF5-8B99-EAC20AF639A3.jpeg 8724C35F-EB9E-4DA2-A298-5CC2A1DFC554.jpeg 2E71DB94-CCAC-4217-9D66-46B1E8535953.jpeg 3398D1F4-9F5F-436B-8DE5-8097874BE5D8.jpeg

Bottom Line
    The Vapcell is identical in appearance and even better in performance to the Samsung 30T’s I tested one year ago. Perhaps they tweaked the chemistry of the 30T since my test of it or the samples I tested then were a lower grade.

The 30T, and especially this rewrap of it, are incredible performers. They easily hit harder than any other cell available to us and are a great choice for unregulated or regulated device users at higher power levels.

I am rating this Vapcell at a cool-running 35A and 3000mAh, same as the Samsung 30T. The typical capacity you get in use could be higher but the rated capacity is 3000mAh.

I do not know who has this cell in stock or when anyone will be stocking it. Please check with your favorite vendors or Vapcell.

Two cells were donated for the purposes of testing by Vapcell (www.vapcelltech.com). Thank you!

Continuous Current Discharge Graphs
    https://imgur. com/a/9OTiD
    (It would not let me embed the image in the post and Imgur direct links don’t display properly. Sorry for the split link.

4B18B9E8-F5F8-4017-B37C-E89626A1D7DE.jpeg

Ratings Graphic
    7E2BE922-CD67-448C-A0C3-63B2A5B10700.jpeg

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/list-of-battery-tests.7436/

Last edited:

Wiamiere

Dec 4, 2017
    I do not know who has this cell in stock or when anyone will be stocking it. Please check with your favorite vendors or Vapcelll/

Fogstar, here in the UK, are now selling these vapcell rewraps of the Samsung 30T's and the Sony VTC6A, with the Samsung 40T, Sanyo A and many more to follow very soon.
    Hurry though people, they're in very short supply! I picked up two of the 30T's and they are AMAZING, even better than the Sanyo NCR2070C!!!

In the USA, 18650batterystore had them in stock, unfortunately they sold out straight away but they will have more very soon!

I have a query for you though Mooch. In your OG wrap Samsung 30T testing a year ago you said it was a 40amp cell that could be pulsed at up to 60AMPS. Now, I would never vape a build low enough to pull such a crazy amount of amp's (normally around 0.1ohm-0.12ohm duel coil and 0.14-0.18ohms single coil) but would you still stand by those original stats? I was wondering if you had revised the figures down for a reason. Considering this iteration of the cell was even more powerful than the first few you tested, I would have thought the original rating would have at least stayed the same, but then again, I'm not the legendary Mooch! :)
    Lastly, what was the IR of these cells? Was it the same as the 6mOhm's of the ones you tested last year or was it lower?

Thanks in advance Mooch, massive respect and appreciation for all you have done and continue to do for our beloved community, I'm really looking forward to your test of the Sanyo C, and I hope to see your YouTube channel continue to grow and grow, really loving all the live stuff and content you've put out so far! Peace.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Fogstar, here in the UK, are now selling these vapcell rewraps of the Samsung 30T's and the Sony VTC6A, with the Samsung 40T, Sanyo A and many more to follow very soon.
    Hurry though people, they're in very short supply! I picked up two of the 30T's and they are AMAZING, even better than the Sanyo NCR2070C!!!

In the USA, 18650batterystore had them in stock, unfortunately they sold out straight away but they will have more very soon!

I have a query for you though Mooch. In your OG wrap Samsung 30T testing a year ago you said it was a 40amp cell that could be pulsed at up to 60AMPS. Now, I would never vape a build low enough to pull such a crazy amount of amp's (normally around 0.1ohm-0.12ohm duel coil and 0.14-0.18ohms single coil) but would you still stand by those original stats? I was wondering if you had revised the figures down for a reason. Considering this iteration of the cell was even more powerful than the first few you tested, I would have thought the original rating would have at least stayed the same, but then again, I'm not the legendary Mooch! :)
    Lastly, what was the IR of these cells? Was it the same as the 6mOhm's of the ones you tested last year or was it lower?

Thanks in advance Mooch, massive respect and appreciation for all you have done and continue to do for our beloved community, I'm really looking forward to your test of the Sanyo C, and I hope to see your YouTube channel continue to grow and grow, really loving all the live stuff and content you've put out so far! Peace.

Thanks!

I’ve never tested a cell with a 6mOhm DC IR. Which were you referring to?

Any of my earlier ratings that were above the manufacturer’s rating caused all sorts of confusion so I will not do it anymore. I posted about this a few months ago. Instead I just say it is a cool running cell for its rating, which most Samsung’s are compared to other manufacturers.

Pulse capabilities I mentioned got turned into ratings and used as starting points to go even further beyond by many vapers. This is not only dangerous but a hugely inefficient way to use a battery. At 60A you are losing about 43W of power inside the 30T itself...ridiculous.

Wiamiere

Dec 4, 2017
    Thanks!

I’ve never tested a cell with a 6mOhm DC IR. Which were you referring to?

Any of my earlier ratings that were above the manufacturer’s rating caused all sorts of confusion so I will not do it anymore. I posted about this a few months ago. Instead I just say it is a cool running cell for its rating, which most Samsung’s are compared to other manufacturers.

Pulse capabilities I mentioned got turned into ratings and used as starting points to go even further beyond by many vapers. This is not only dangerous but a hugely inefficient way to use a battery. At 60A you are losing about 43W of power inside the 30T itself...ridiculous.

I thought you rated the Samsung 30T as 6mOhm AC but I must have been mistaken. ...it was a year ago after all and you have since changed the original post to leave out the other stuff I mentioned, which I do actually agree with you was a sensible move as many people do see max ratings a starting points, and yes, that is a rediculous and dangerous thing to do, especially if you chain vape!

I really appreciate your prompt reply btw, I know your a busy guy so thanks for getting back to me. :)

I will say this about these Vapcell 30T rewraps....omg do they hit!
    First cycle I wasn't much impressed (over the Sanyo NCR2070C/20700A's I use) but now they've been through 3-5 cycles they perform insanely well. I usually change out my cells (even the Sanyo A&C's) for a fresh one when they get down to 3.7v because the hit ceases to satisfy me, but I found that these New 30T cells are still hitting satisfyingly hard down to 3.2-3.5v which amazed me to no end, especially since, considering I won't have to recharge them as often, I'll be able to get a lot more use and longer life out of them, completely negating/offsetting their initial higher cost (only £11.50 in the USA but £16/17 in the UK!)
    I'm really happy with them so thanks again for your testing fella.

One last question Mooch, do you have an AC mOhm rating for this Vapecell 30T rewrap please? Reason I ask is, I've seen your DC mOhm rating (11.3) but almost all the other IR ratings for the other cells I use, and am thinking of aquiring, are in AC mOhm's (from people using the vapcell internal resistance tester yr1030). I know it's not massively important and may seem pointless to some people, but I really like to know so I can better pair the best battery for the job to the particular build it can most effectively and efficiently power. I.e, there's no point using a 30T to power a 0.4ohm build imo and it would be massively inefficient (possibly dangerous to) to use a vtc6 with a 0.1ohm build or less.....am I making sense still?? I do ramble a lot, apologies for that!
    No need to reply to everything I've said if you don't have the time, I have written a lot to be fair and, being the stand up guy that you are, I'm happy in the knowledge that you will at least read this even if you don't reply to the lot. AC mOhm, if you can, would suffice, if not, just know that without you, I'd still be using crappy 10A 3500mah efest's so when I say I appreciate all you do, I blummin well mean it! Peace.

Reactions: stols001

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I thought you rated the Samsung 30T as 6mOhm AC but I must have been mistaken. ...it was a year ago after all and you have since changed the original post to leave out the other stuff I mentioned, which I do actually agree with you was a sensible move as many people do see max ratings a starting points, and yes, that is a rediculous and dangerous thing to do, especially if you chain vape!

I really appreciate your prompt reply btw, I know your a busy guy so thanks for getting back to me. :)

First cycle I wasn't much impressed (over the Sanyo NCR2070C/20700A's I use) but now they've been through 3-5 cycles they perform insanely well. I usually change out my cells (even the Sanyo A&C's) for a fresh one when they get down to 3.7v because the hit ceases to satisfy me, but I found that these New 30T cells are still hitting satisfyingly hard down to 3.2-3.5v which amazed me to no end, especially since, considering I won't have to recharge them as often, I'll be able to get a lot more use and longer life out of them, completely negating/offsetting their initial higher cost (only £11.50 in the USA but £16/17 in the UK!)

One last question Mooch, do you have an AC mOhm rating for this Vapecell 30T rewrap please? Reason I ask is, I've seen your DC mOhm rating (11.3) but almost all the other IR ratings for the other cells I use, and am thinking of aquiring, are in AC mOhm's (from people using the vapcell internal resistance tester yr1030). I know it's not massively important and may seem pointless to some people, but I really like to know so I can better pair the best battery for the job to the particular build it can most effectively and efficiently power. I.e, there's no point using a 30T to power a 0.4ohm build imo and it would be massively inefficient (possibly dangerous to) to use a vtc6 with a 0.1ohm build or less.....am I making sense still?? I do ramble a lot, apologies for that!
    No need to reply to everything I've said if you don't have the time, I have written a lot to be fair and, being the stand up guy that you are, I'm happy in the knowledge that you will at least read this even if you don't reply to the lot. AC mOhm, if you can, would suffice, if not, just know that without you, I'd still be using crappy 10A 3500mah efest's so when I say I appreciate all you do, I blummin well mean it! Peace.

Thank you for your kind words!

Sorry, I don’t have its AC IR reading. The DC one is the one we use to determine voltage sag so it’s the one I measure.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York

Agree, as an owner of the affordable VapCell yr1030 internal resistance meter (Mooch did a quick review of), having the AC resistance values would be more useful for end users like me, especially for comparison. Also it seems many battery manufacturers like Sony only publish the AC resistance test results, problem is not always being able to find those spec sheets.

Reactions: Wiamiere

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Agree, as an owner of the affordable VapCell yr1030 internal resistance meter (Mooch did a quick review of), having the AC resistance values would be more useful for end users like me, especially for comparison. Also it seems many battery manufacturers like Sony only publish the AC resistance test results, problem is not always being able to find those spec sheets.

The datasheet numbers are often max values though, not typical values. This makes the numbers a lot less useful for comparison as we don’t know how far the max number is from the typical numbers and the average spread in values for a batch.

Wiamiere

Dec 4, 2017
    Thank you for your kind words!

Sorry, I don’t have its AC IR reading. The DC one is the one we use to determine voltage sag so it’s the one I measure.

Your more than welcome buddy, no worries and thanks anyway Mooch.

FYA, Could you publicise on you FB that the OG Samsung 30T in its original wrap is now available here;

Samsung 30T 21700 3000mAh 35A Battery

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Already done. Folks already complaining about the price. :)

That’s SHOCKING! :)
    Folks, you want to play with the latest tech, you pay a premium. 3 - VapCell 40T’s delivered for $60. If they perform as expected, I’ll be totally happy, and I’ll be enjoying them for many months while the prices may or may not drop substantially in the meantime.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    20$ per cell is quite pricey. Me personally, I wouldn't pay that much, because there are cheaper alternatives that perform well enough for my purposes. But everyone his own, and it's good to see, that these cells slowly start to trickle into the consumer market.

Hopefully prices will drop over time. These are the largest batteries that will fit in the Mirage mod, right now I’m using my 18650’s with adapter, with their 2,000-2400 mAh capacity. Even at moderate wattages, they don’t last very long. At $20 delivered, and 4,000 mAh, I’m hoping to almost double the time before needing to replace or charge. Authentic Sony VTC batteries were about $8-10 each, so for the almost 2x capacity, the Samsung 40T/VapCell Gold rewraps at the current $18 is not too crazy. One area I never look to skimp on is high quality batteries. All my 18650’s are authentic, and only bought from known vendors that make a big deal about not selling FAKES, and therefore charge a bit more.

While I don’t have the more expensive lab meters Mooch is using, I do have less expensive devices that can measure a battery’s mAh capacity very accurately. Battery safety regardless of price should be a priority for everyone. Avoid FAKES at all costs, something that Battery Mooch has been very proactive in.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    The 30/40T are good if not the best 2x700 cells at the moment, but the Molicel or even Sanyos do their job quite good as well for a fraction of the price. And they're readily available almost everywhere. So there's no reason to buy fakes.

Not familiar with “Molicel”. The VapCell’s 21700 I bought are a rewrap of the Sanyo 40T, and until a few days a go were not available anywhere.

Where have you found original “Sanyo’s” at a “fraction of the price”.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Molicels are sold by IJoy (5-prong) and EnerCig for example. The Sanyo 20700b is available in large quantities, but of course they're more suited for lower wattages and/or regulated devices.
    Sure, those are by no means the best cells available, but far from being the worst as well.

Well the Sanyo 20700b is obviously not comparable to the ones we are taking about, thus more available.

And from Mooches testing, I was not tempted by any iJoy batteries, some are rewraps, others seemed questionable. Since I’m paying top dollar, I wanted either original Sanyo 40T’s, or the VapCell rewraps as Mooch has contacts with them, and they don’t exaggerate their ratings. Most of these types of batteries were made for other purposes, battery packs, electric cars, etc. So we have to be smart and safe when shopping.

Certainly not my business nor concern what batteries people choose to buy, many people buy solely based on price, and if one does not have the extra few bucks, I guess I can somewhat understand. But on the flip side, why not save up and attempt to buy an original product and be as safe as possible? Many can seem to afford $50-$100 mods, and then to save a few bucks, buy “unknown” or FAKE batteries, not all that smart in my opinion.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    The EnerCig EC-27HC (Molicel) are of good quality. So are the Sanyo 20700b. Either one offers good performance in their respective categories. Not the absolute best, but more than sufficient for a lot of vapers out there.
    If someone with a dual 2x700 regulated mod vapes at 70W or lower, the Sanyo 20700b are perfectly fine for example.
    The Molicels can be pushed harder by sacrificing a little bit of run time, but they still outperform any 18650 on the market.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread