Bench Test Results: Vapcell Purple 3100mAh 35A 21700...appears to be 30T, an incredible 35A cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
I'm a bit baffled as well, because, to be honest, at an amp load of 28-20a down to 3.2V with a 0.16ohm coil I don't notice any major differences between the Golisi S35, Vapcell 30T and 40T rewraps on my mech either.
A regulated mod is still on its way from China though, so I'm looking forward to compare those cells on that device.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I'm a bit baffled as well, because, to be honest, at an amp load of 28-20a down to 3.2V with a 0.16ohm coil I don't notice any major differences between the Golisi S35, Vapcell 30T and 40T rewraps on my mech either.
    A regulated mod is still on its way from China though, so I'm looking forward to compare those cells on that device.

I’ve had multiple people tell me that the 30T has actually forced them to up the resistance of their coils as they were now too hot a vape. But, this might only be apparent at the lower resistances they were using.

You’re down at around 22A with battery sag and even lower if using SS coils as their resistance rises a lot when hot. The differences between those cells isn’t nearly as noticeable at that level versus 30A or higher.

But there is a advantage to that because if you’re not feeling any difference you can just use less expensive, more readily available cells. :)

Reactions: mimöschen

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    I've got nothing to complain about, because all three cells perform great for my purposes;)

You're right. I didn't calculate the voltagedrop in. Then we're talking about an ampdraw of 24-17a, if I use DJLsbs numbers.

And I have to admit, that my observations are far too subjective as well, because I don't have any equipment to prove them.

Reactions: Mooch

Wiamiere

Dec 4, 2017
    Actually, a bit disappointed in this cell. Used battery analyzer on DNA75C and found they had 12.566Wh at 15-16A (usual boost range for my TC builds) versus the iJoy's 12.956Wh. Maybe better for mechs, but for 75C at up to 60W boost into a 0.2 SSV build the iJoy (initially, at least) gives me better life.

Exactly as Mooch said, to take advantage of this cell, it's lower internal resistance only really allows you to reap the benefits when used at higher current draws. Anything under, say, 25 amp and the 40T is a much better choice, as stated in his 40T test report. i.e, that the 40T is a much better choice for regulated mods :)

Wiamiere

Dec 4, 2017
    I’ve had multiple people tell me that the 30T has actually forced them to up the resistance of their coils as they were now too hot a vape. But, this might only be apparent at the lower resistances they were using.

You’re down at around 22A with battery sag and even lower if using SS coils as their resistance rises a lot when hot. The differences between those cells isn’t nearly as noticeable at that level versus 30A or higher.

But there is a advantage to that because if you’re not feeling any difference you can just use less expensive, more readily available cells. :)

With quite a few of the builds I was using Mooch, I can confirm for sure that the difference between using the Sanyo A (& even C) and using the 30T was pretty big! I had been vaping a particular build with the sanyo's on the iconic rda with the airflow half closed no problem at all, really nice vape. When I tried using the 30T with the same build, the vape was unbearable, even with the airflow now fully open, it was far too hot!

I have now upped my resistances on almost all my builds now (from 0.1ohm to 0.12-0.14ohm for duel coil and from 0.14 to 0.16-0.18ohm on single coil) which can only be a good thing! :)

Wiamiere

Dec 4, 2017
    the link was to moochs recommended batteries April 11 2018

Vapcell make two 21700 cells with purple wraps, one is 35amps and 3100mah (Samsung 30T- the cell this thread is about!) And the other is 24amps and something like 3750 mah or there abouts (I.e, they're not the same mah or amps so no, they're obviously not the same cell either)

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread