Benefits of making own one shots for personal recipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have a few great personal recipes that i love, I was wondering if i were to put all the flavors needed for said recipes into one bottle and leave it sit until im ready to mix again, is there any other benefits to it other than quicker mixing/convenience?
No.. that is about it.
Go for it!

Cheers
I

Just remember to shake thoroughly before adding it to your base. Thanks for the reminder to do this, I've nailed a few adv's that disappear Every time one comes of age... saving time and maintaining consistency from batch to batch is worth making one shots.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Certainly, if you have recipes that you like you can premake one shots. Based on commercial one shots, it may even be possible that you will decrease the need for steeping somewhat. I'm not entirely sure. I have so much fun creating different recipes every time I mix, it's somewhat rare for me to mix "favorite" juices over and over, though I do have a few favorites. Gak. I need to start mixing smaller quantities so I can enjoy more flavors, LOL. I can't even keep up with vaping what I've mixed.

But, no harm should come to you or your flavorings. Etc.

Anna

JoshiWanVanobi

Apr 23, 2018
Ithaca, NY
@mrphilip Thank you my friend, Im glad i could help as well!

@stols001 Thank you! I figured that logically mixing the flavors altogether into a one shot that it would sort of bind the flavors together sort of "pre steeping" them and decreasing the steep time of the overall mix in the end. I could be wrong but thats what i thought would happen typically in a logical sense but you kjnow science and chemistry sometimes...not logical lol

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
@mrphilip Thank you my friend, Im glad i could help as well!
@stols001 Thank you! I figured that logically mixing the flavors altogether into a one shot that it would sort of bind the flavors together sort of "pre steeping" them and decreasing the steep time of the overall mix in the end. I could be wrong but thats what i thought would happen typically in a logical sense but you kjnow science and chemistry sometimes...not logical lol
Might want to try a small quantity first. Some flavors react to air and light and can change. I suspect some of my cinnamon steeped mixes suffer this fate (lose the cinnamon strength) with regards to staying in the mix bottle with air over time. I have heard that some manufacturers remove the air out of nicotine a bottles but I would not be surprised if this could help some flavors and/or mixes with regards to sealing in maximum taste. I would suggest doing a side by side blind comparison ---one shot vs fresh mix and steeped equal amounts of time/one month or longer.
re: Food & beverages - Onsite Oxygen and Nitrogen Gas Generators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread