• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Benefits of Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triplxratd

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Ive seen many threads with vapers talking about benefits and changes they have experienced by vaping instead of smoking.

I smoked over a pack a day for over a decade. I completely quit and have been only vaping for months.

I havent noticed any difference. My sense of smell and taste havent improved. My skin didnt break out. No flu like symptoms. Complexion is the same. Skin didnt get dry. Didnt turn pink. My energy is fine, but the same as always. Havent coughed anything up. God didnt visit.

I guess I was expecting something to change, feel different, or anything. Maybe Im so good already I cant be improved on... :confused:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
According to the missus I don't snore at night anymore because I am able to breath through my nose. My taste buds are coming around, and my morning hack is gone as well. When I overdo it, and I know when I do, I twitch in my sleep.

I tried yesterday to cut back on the nic during the evening 24--->12mg and it tasted like American beer. So I went back up for the time being. Today I recived my high octane juice, so I made a base of 18mg and will give that a whirl. It might be a little to soon for me to cut back, so I will need to be careful in the evenings.

datacreek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
USA
How old are you? For us who have been smoking for 2, 3, 4 or more decades have done more damage and the changes are obviously more apparent. I'm breathing deeper, easier and when I lay down to go to sleep I no longer wheeze for the first time in over a decade.
Hell, when I was thirty I wouldn't even have been interested in vaping. I loved smoking and was in great shape.
So, maybe the changes aren't as noticeable to you but if you were to stay on analogs for a couple more decades I guarantee you'll notice some changes. Be thankful you found vaping before you found those.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
How old are you? For us who have been smoking for 2, 3, 4 or more decades have done more damage and the changes are obviously more apparent. I'm breathing deeper, easier and when I lay down to go to sleep I no longer wheeze for the first time in over a decade.
Hell, when I was thirty I wouldn't even have been interested in vaping. I loved smoking and was in great shape.
So, maybe the changes aren't as noticeable to you but if you were to stay on analogs for a couple more decades I guarantee you'll notice some changes. Be thankful you found vaping before you found those.
... and that seems the consensus of most.

Raven1

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Akron, OH USA

Amen. Couldn't have said it better myself. PVs have been a life saver to me as well. With COPD, I can't smoke anymore and perhaps I've now added a few years to my life as well. One can only hope.

Meat

Feb 17, 2010
Canada
I'm only 30. Smoked "only" 14 years and I still notice a bit of a difference.

Main thing is I wake up feeling a bit more rested (probably since I'm not snoring as bad), and no longer need to pay an immediate trip to the bathroom to cough up a nice phlem ball every morning.

Sense of smell seems better. A couple weeks ago I could actually smell myself stink of tobacco the morning after I went out drinking and had some analogs. But sense of taste might even be worse, since I can't seem to tase the e-juice like I did when I first switched. Although that could be because I've upped the nic content from 18mg to around 35-40mg since then and the nic taste overpowers all else.

triplxratd

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver

Yep, thats probably it. Although I smoked a pack+ for around 12 years, I never had any negative effects from it, thus nothing to improve. I knew smoking would kill me some day, and I had resigned to that already becuase I tried everything to quit and couldnt...so...vaping = YAH!

Val D.

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Toronto, ON
Although I smoked a pack+ for around 12 years, I never had any negative effects from it, thus nothing to improve.

Hah... smoking a pack+ a day leads inevitably to limited physical abilities. That's for sure. Capacity of your lungs is greatly reduced. You may not see any difference if you compare your ability to browse internet but you will see great difference if playing sports. There is a lot to improve after quitting. And it takes years not months.

Val D.

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Toronto, ON
Well, smoking does not guarantee getting lung cancer. Just increases the probability. Same with other smoking related diseases. It does guarantee lower lung performance though. Smoke is contaminant that clogs the lungs. Tar deposits may stay in the lungs for many years after quitting smoking. In long term heavy smokers the changes are unfortunately irreversible. At least the doctors say so. Some sources say 10 years pack a day = 10 years cleaning period. During this cleaning period the tar and carcinogens are still there so the probability to get lung cancer is still much higher compared to non-smokers.

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
The thing that scared me the most was the bent cigarette, limp .... inuendo picture on 3 of 4 packs I bought. I dont know if I got that picture so often because it was a sign, or if they printed those the most because they know what really scares us...

I could never figure that one out. I've also never heard of anyone having that problem as a result of cigs.

If you don't have enough blood pressure to pump that part up, I think not getting that part up might be the least of your problems.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Talk to your Dr. Smoking has been been known to decrease sexual appetite amongst others things. But like any other addict/addiction we go yeah, yeah.

Remember admitting you have a problem is 90% of the cure, abstinence only 10%.

Now we have chosen an alternate lifestyle, but we need to remember we are still ingesting nicotine, and most at larger quantities than we formerly ingested while smoking. What we are not doing is ingesting the other 3998 harmful chemicals. But in closing, nicotine is a natural insecticide produced by plants.

Did that cause you to have an erectile dysfunction :shock:

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
Now we have chosen an alternate lifestyle, but we need to remember we are still ingesting nicotine, and most at larger quantities than we formerly ingested while smoking. What we are not doing is ingesting the other 3998 harmful chemicals. But in closing, nicotine is a natural insecticide produced by plants.

Did that cause you to have an erectile dysfunction :shock:

Something to remeber when you are in line at Tims, caffeine is also an insecticide :D

Hard to know the difference between fact and fiction, smoking decreases sexual appetite, does it also stunt your growth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread