Berserker rda-Twisted 28g kanthal build

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I am proud owner of berserker rda, I have one stock coil left and loads of 28 kanthal left over.
Anyone have a twisted 28 kanthal build they would like to share?
There are many ways to make twisted wire at home using a drill or even without a drill. It sure helps that you have a lot of the 28G Kanthal. You can also twist 3 wires together. YouTube has plenty of clear cut videos as to how to do make all kinds of wire including twisted.

TomJaxon

Sep 24, 2018
There are many ways to make twisted wire at home using a drill or even without a drill. It sure helps that you have a lot of the 28G Kanthal. You can also twist 3 wires together. YouTube has plenty of clear cut videos as to how to do make all kinds of wire including twisted.
Hi thanks for your reply,
Iv made two wire twisted a long while back with my cordless drill.
What would be different adding another wire?
I was hoping a berserker rda owner would have a similar coil tried and tested..
Il have another look online for some related videos as you suggested.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
When twisting wire, you will get some differences in resistance depending on how tightly you twist, etc.

Twist up some 28G x 2 and 28G x 3 strands. You don't need a drill. You can use a coffee cup. Some good YouTube videos on doing this with a coffee cup, a pen, etc.

Decide whether you're going to use 2.5, 3mm, etc and spin you up a 6 or 7 wrap coil with both the 28G x 2 and 28G x 3. Not sure of the deck on the Berserker myself, a 3mm might be too large? Maybe start with a 2.5mm.

If you're using a regulated mod, the resistance isn't that important, just tweak your wattage until you get a vape you like.

I've used 28G x 2 and x 3, 6-7 wraps and can get a great vape from either one of them. Just play with the wattage. I enjoy twisted kanthal myself, just been playing with a lot of other wires/builds lately.

Enjoy your new RDA. :)

Reactions: EIHYPI

TomJaxon

Sep 24, 2018
When twisting wire, you will get some differences in resistance depending on how tightly you twist, etc.

Twist up some 28G x 2 and 28G x 3 strands. You don't need a drill. You can use a coffee cup. Some good YouTube videos on doing this with a coffee cup, a pen, etc.

Decide whether you're going to use 2.5, 3mm, etc and spin you up a 6 or 7 wrap coil with both the 28G x 2 and 28G x 3. Not sure of the deck on the Berserker myself, a 3mm might be too large? Maybe start with a 2.5mm.

If you're using a regulated mod, the resistance isn't that important, just tweak your wattage until you get a vape you like.

I've used 28G x 2 and x 3, 6-7 wraps and can get a great vape from either one of them. Just play with the wattage. I enjoy twisted kanthal myself, just been playing with a lot of other wires/builds lately.

Enjoy your new RDA. :)
Thanks for your comment, lots of good info.
I didn’t know/think of a three strand.
I’m using a pulse bf 80w.
I quickly made a 2 strange coil and fitted it and it was close to the screws and posts so, yes I think 3mm would be to big and potentially a 3 strand 2.5mm as the added strand would increase size of the coil?!
Iv enjoyed twisted 28g before but not as much as the provided ni80 coil provided with the rda.
Although this may be down to the weirdly hard hitting “totally fogged” rhubarb and custard liquid.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi thanks for the warm welcome.
Are you using a berserker rda too?Or twisted kanthals?

No, I'm at the other end of the spectrum but it works for me.
Could look at DL low ohms high wattage below :
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will:
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor
Provide A “cooler” tasting vape, can produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (<$ less money)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$)
Uses less liquid
Less likely spit back
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping
Less exposure to carcinogens at high temps

Low ohm coil is between 1.5-1.8ohms and a standard ohm coil is generally between 2.4-2.8 and high ohm is anything 3.0 ohms or higher
What Ohms should I choose?

In General lower ohm coils/higher wattage (generally DL) vaping will:
More Expensive
Heat The Coil Faster
Produce More Vapor, can mute taste faster (coat mouth/build up)
Drain The Battery Faster/shorten life
Use E-Juice Faster
Produce A Warmer Tasting Vape
Shorten Coil Life
Shorten Wick Life
May Produce more Dry Hits
Uses more liquid
May be less healthier - higher temps.
May Produce Spit Back
More PV Maintenance/Issues
More irritation to non vapers (tends create more negative comments regarding cloud production)
More exposure to carcinogens at high temps

Reactions: AtmoMarios
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread