Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
hmmm, yeah about the IMR's but still, AW's are my favorite just because of quality reputation, not to mention safety.
I sold a SgtArmyTank a while back and think I still have a couple AW P14500 come to think of it... pm me it you want them at a discount.
I'm using a Reo Mini now and I use AW IMR's.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I used to use Trustfires a lot but, when I switched to 901s, they kept popping their protection circuits. It took me a long time to try AW IMRs but, the problem went away with them. Trustfires still have it.

Yes, I agree that's weird. The atties would ohm fine. The only thing I can figure is that the 901s must be prone to momentary shorts from gunk and the AWs just burn through it and taking the atties off to ohm them shook the gunk loose. That's just a theory though.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I tried some of those a couple years back, they seemed decent.

But when I could get 4 of these for the price of 1 AW.

TrustFire Protected 3.7V 900mAh 14500 Lithium Battery (2-Pack)
Best enough for me. :)

I paid $8 for an ICR. The Trustfires are $2.82. Still not worth squat.
I used to use those and Ultrafires for flashlights. I still have at least a dozen of them. They don't cut it for e-cigs. They lose capacity too soon. They're fine at first, but after maybe 50 cycles, the capacity starts dropping like a rock. Also, the 900mah is pure BS. They're nowhere near 900mah and that's been confirmed on CPF many, many times. They're closer to 600mah. Trustfire lies like crazy about their capacity. My one ICR will still be good after three of those Trustfires are wimping out after a half hour of vaping. I also don't trust their PCB. I've had all kinds of weird behavior out of them.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I wouldn't touch those. At that price the chances that they are counterfeit is very high. You do not want to buy lithium batteries from a discount internet store.

Nah.. Nobody counterfeits Trustfire batteries. That would be stupid, like counterfeiting pennies. Why bother? They're just cheap batteries. You can get them for that price at Dealextreme and they probably sell more of these than any place on earth. Counterfeiters couldn't keep up with the production demand.

And I DO want to buy lithium batteries from a discount internet store. Especially if I want to buy Trustfires. I know for a fact that there are "non-discount" internet stores that buy their batteries from discount internet stores (i.e., Dealextreme), mark them up 100-200% and sell them to paranoid people.

Right now, you can get the same Panasonic battery that Kallies Customs sells for $15 for $10 at a discount internet store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread