best 16340 batteries for saber touch vari volt??

Status
Not open for further replies.

frnkj74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Seagoville, Tx.
Greetings everyone I have a question about some 16340batteries for the saber touch vari volt, where would I be able to pick some upat (reasonable price), but I’m wanting some that have a mah rating higher than880 (so the charge lasts a really really long time in between charges… I’m abit of a heavy vaporer) & that they actually fit…what I mean is I’ve readabout batts that don’t allow the cap to screw down all the way…also a goodcharger for them, not a fast charger ‘cause I think fast charge = fast discharge(please correct me if I’m wrong…sorry but I consider myself still a bit of anoob in training especially when it comes to mods) thank you in advance to anyone that can lend a helping hand &your help will be VERY MUCH appreciated…vape WELL MY FRIENDS..vape WELL :vapor::vapor:

apluscopy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
Southern CA
Greetings everyone I have a question about some 16340batteries for the saber touch vari volt, where would I be able to pick some upat (reasonable price), but I’m wanting some that have a mah rating higher than880 (so the charge lasts a really really long time in between charges… I’m abit of a heavy vaporer) & that they actually fit…what I mean is I’ve readabout batts that don’t allow the cap to screw down all the way…also a goodcharger for them, not a fast charger ‘cause I think fast charge = fast discharge(please correct me if I’m wrong…sorry but I consider myself still a bit of anoob in training especially when it comes to mods) thank you in advance to anyone that can lend a helping hand &your help will be VERY MUCH appreciated…VAPE WELL MY FRIENDS..VAPE WELL :vapor::vapor:

There are a whole bunch of batteries out there that claim to be a certain mah, but sadly, it's is not always true. If you buy your batteries from ebay or one of the chinese web vendors you never really know if the mah rating is correct or a fabrication. Your best bet is to buy from a reputable vendor that will stand behind their products. AW is a big name in batteries that have proven very good, but I have used the flamed Trustfires and both the regular and IMR Panasonics with great success. You vape long enough you will get a stash of batteries and will find your favorites. As far as chargers, I use the highest mah rating I can find. The best chargers will have separate channels for each battery, this is very important. Fast charge in Lithium batteries does not mean fast discharge. My main charger is a Soshine SC-S1 with 4 slots and it works great! Have fun!

apluscopy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
Southern CA
thanks a bunch apluscopy, i've resently discovered that 18350's can also fit in a saber touch vv what's your take on those batteries compared to the 16340's

Again, totally depends on the individual battery. However... An 18350 is slightly bigger and generally will last a bit longer. FYI, the battery number tells you its physical size. The first two numbers are its diameter and the second two numbers are its length.

Pursus

Aug 24, 2011
NJ
thanks a bunch apluscopy, i've resently discovered that 18350's can also fit in a saber touch vv what's your take on those batteries compared to the 16340's
I use the red AW 700mah 18350s. They last twice as long as the Trustfire 16340s I got (they had flames on the plastic and were advertised at 600mah I think). As a bonus, they fit the battery compartment perfectly, and don't rattle around like the 16340s do. I've been rotating the same two sets since I got my VV last August, and they're still going strong. I highly recommend them.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
I've grown to loathe 16340's because the gray Trustfires I've picked up aren't a consistent size and the life in them is equally unpredictable (ymmv - maybe I'm unlucky...could happen). I've tried an 18350 in my mini when not using the (wonderful) pass-thru. Will pick up a pile and try in the 5v.

Thanks for starting this thread!

frnkj74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Seagoville, Tx.
I use the red AW 700mah 18350s. They last twice as long as the Trustfire 16340s I got (they had flames on the plastic and were advertised at 600mah I think). As a bonus, they fit the battery compartment perfectly, and don't rattle around like the 16340s do. I've been rotating the same two sets since I got my VV last August, and they're still going strong. I highly recommend them.

thanks a bunch pursus, sorry it took a while to respond I got busy, but I'm glad that I'm finding out about certain batteries like the 16340's before I buy them..I'm new to the "mods" thing don't wanna buy something that I don't know how it's gonna last or perform..vape well my friend vape well

frnkj74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Seagoville, Tx.
I've grown to loathe 16340's because the gray Trustfires I've picked up aren't a consistent size and the life in them is equally unpredictable (ymmv - maybe I'm unlucky...could happen). I've tried an 18350 in my mini when not using the (wonderful) pass-thru. Will pick up a pile and try in the 5v.

Thanks for starting this thread!

you're welcome sewknitty & thank you for giving me your opinion on the 16340's, I'm starting to find out that these batteries are not as awesome as I thought they would be, I mean I haven't tried them yet 'cause I don't have a mod yet but I like to research everything before I buy & I do that with everything not just vaping stuff don't wanna buy a lemon know what I mean, I bought a lot of lemons when I was younger now I carefully take my time thumping & feeling & looking before I buy my fruit lol!! vape well my friend vape well

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
I'm having dropping voltage problems on my saber vv. I'm using 16340 protected trustfires. It sounds like switching to AW IMR's will remedy this? And I can use two 18350 AW IMR's for the best battery life and voltage control? Just wanted to make sure I understood this correctly! I love the switch and the look and feel of my saber, but I can't use it with the voltage drop I am currently experiencing! Thanks!

VD93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
DFW Texas
Sir_Lawrence, can you confirm that the AW 18340 batteries will work in the Saber Touch VV (High Power)? I am awaiting mine in the mail.. I bought the 16340s, but I really need long battery life, as I work 12-15 hour days, and am a pretty heavy vape(about 4 mils a day in a tank). I would welcome any suggestions that would get me to the longest battery life I can get with this device.

Feel free to PM me if you don't feel comfortable discussing using batteries other than the recommended 16340s publicly.

Thanks, and SEND MY MOD!! :D

VD93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
DFW Texas

ainako said:
does that mean that the mini can use the 18350 as well?

m33pok said:
Yes and 100% sure.:D

These folks are apparently using 18350s in their Sabers successfully... That is what I was asking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread