Best 18650 bang for the buck

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
ive been rocking my vamo for about a week and am LOVING it. but i was currious as to what batts are the best vape for the buck. i have seen both samsung and panasonic types on different sites but not much difference in the on site reviews. are the noname just as good or should i go for the higher end batts. also was wondering if anyone on here has an xtar WP6 and what they think of it. thanks in advance for your help.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
This question is easy, the best bang for your buck is either the panasonic cgr18650ch or the panasonic ncr18650pd. Both batteries can be bought from Fasttech.com at 10 dollars for 2 cgr's and 15 dollars for 2 ncr's with free shipping. Fasttech is in hong kong but is a great vendor, it took ten days for me to receive my order, hong kong to chicago. The batteries from there are genuine panasonics and they perform great. I get 2 days out of the cgr's and 3 days out of the ncr's on average. Both batteries out perform the AW's and are much cheaper. I don't have a wp6 charger but I do have a xtar sp2 and it is a great charger, xtar makes great chargers. By the way fasttech also sells great chargers cheap. They have the nitecore I2 for 14 bucks and the I4 for 19 bucks. Also CPASTE13SPRING is the coupon code for fasttech for 5% off.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I have been using Panasonics for a long time now in my mods. They are the best IMO. If you need a good charger, grab one of these before they are gone You can't beat a Nitecore 4 port for $15 or a two port for $10. Shipping is under $4 as well.

https://illuminationsupply.com/chargers-c-48_51/

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
This question is easy, the best bang for your buck is either the panasonic cgr18650ch or the panasonic ncr18650pd. Both batteries can be bought from Fasttech.com at 10 dollars for 2 cgr's and 15 dollars for 2 ncr's with free shipping. Fasttech is in hong kong but is a great vendor, it took ten days for me to receive my order, hong kong to chicago. The batteries from there are genuine panasonics and they perform great. I get 2 days out of the cgr's and 3 days out of the ncr's on average. Both batteries out perform the AW's and are much cheaper. I don't have a wp6 charger but I do have a xtar sp2 and it is a great charger, xtar makes great chargers. By the way fasttech also sells great chargers cheap. They have the nitecore I2 for 14 bucks and the I4 for 19 bucks. Also CPASTE13SPRING is the coupon code for fasttech for 5% off.

Are these both protected high drain? ( the cgr's and ncr's)

Amirite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
New York, NY
I have been using Panasonics for a long time now in my mods. They are the best IMO. If you need a good charger, grab one of these before they are gone You can't beat a Nitecore 4 port for $15 or a two port for $10. Shipping is under $4 as well.

https://illuminationsupply.com/chargers-c-48_51/

Fantastic deal on a great charger but shipping was 11.00. Picked up one for the office and another as a backup :). Thanks for sharing!

ruff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
Washington, In

Amirite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
New York, NY
Just curious and throwing this out there, with the Panasonic cgr18650ch, how long does it take to charge in a nitecore i2? trying to get all my eggs in a row before my stuff comes in the mail...

(please be nice, I know I'm a noob of sorts)

It's not the 'size' of the battery that determines charging time but the mah (milliamp hours). My 700mah 18350's take roughly 30 minutes to charge. It's quick because I just throw them on the charger after 5-6 hours, not when they are dead (And you never want to completely drain a battery). But my higher capacity 18650's take forever... 6+ hours, which is why 18350's are my battery of choice. They don't last as long but they don't take nearly as long to charge either and they are very portable.

DaFreeK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Osijek, Croatia
Just curious and throwing this out there, with the Panasonic cgr18650ch, how long does it take to charge in a nitecore i2? trying to get all my eggs in a row before my stuff comes in the mail...

(please be nice, I know I'm a noob of sorts)

this battery has about 2250mah, and the charger charges at about 700mah, so.. about 3-4 hours, but in reality it's about 5-6 hours. If you charge 2 batteries at the same time, just double the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread