Best 18650 battery other than the vtc5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, VTC batteries are SO expensive ATM!! I've seen them anywhere from $30 to $100 a piece! And that's with no guarantee they are real! I'm SO happy I bought the last two VTC5's from my local B&M recently.

As for 25R's, I got one coming on Monday, I'm excited to try it out. I want a decent battery to use when I'm going to 0.2 ohms or higher, and save the 2 Sony's I have for 0.1 ohm builds only. I want to preserve my VTC5's as long as possible! Lol.

hahaha. It's funny to watch eBay sometimes, it's a true economic case study (free market place) at its best. When certain things are selling at more than what retailer was carrying a few days ago, you know something funky is up. You know all of the info are from the internet, all one has to do is to do the digging, if and only if the financial market is truly so transparent......we never would have our economic melting from 2008 (and future ones) sighed (damn you bankers !!! you good for nothing money hungry mongers....sorry, I got into my rant again)

I feel the same way about my two VTC5's. But the sad part is that I don't use mechanical and I don't vape beyond 15 watt anyways....I think I will keep these when I built a 100 watt SX350 device in the future....not to vape it but just to know I have one (sorry, still going to therapy to need to keep my hording mentality in check)

There still are HE battery (SONY VTC4 Wrapped) in Orbitonic,com. I am going to order some Samsung 25R for my DNA30 (clone and real) projects; I am will be bundling these with DNA30. The VTC4 with go with my SX350 builts in the future (not to make a living....just want some spare cash to fund my vaping habit.....and a occasional Fuji lens here and there).

Happy vaping !!

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
My local B&M has VTC4's for $16 a piece, 2 for $30. Do you guys think I should jump on it? I mean, I could get two 25R's for the same price from illumination supply. But I just love Sony batteries. Idk if I'll even like the 25R as much, but I'll see on Monday when one arrives.

Unless you are always gonna huff a .2 build and never use a regulated mod of 50w or under, buy the sonys I suppose (if you have none).

I love the Sammys in my Hana, on my Nemesis with a kayfun, with my .55 build magma and on and on.

The 25R has a great discharge curve for 'vapin. Fat in the middle. I like em that way son. (Wink)

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
My local B&M has VTC4's for $16 a piece, 2 for $30. Do you guys think I should jump on it? I mean, I could get two 25R's for the same price from illumination supply. But I just love Sony batteries. Idk if I'll even like the 25R as much, but I'll see on Monday when one arrives.

vapor kings sells them for $8

windxrunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Portland, OR
vapor kings sells them for $8

Yes! Thank you! I just ordered two VTC4's from them. The comments say they are authentic. With the price of VTC5's skyrocketing, I am glad I could find some VTC4's for only $7.99. Seriously, thank you very much. I've never used the VTC4's, but I love my 5's so I'm assuming they'll be the same, just not last quite as long. Stockin' up!

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I know a few guys who SWEAR by the samsung 25r's pushing them at super sub ohm 0.07 and up with no issues. Anyone care to chime in? I have a few that I am getting in the mail soon aswell which I will be running in a triple 18650 mod.

They are 20A continuous batteries so that resistance is MASSIVELY overstressing them and a terrible idea. If you know people that swear by them for that, I would suggest never listening to anything they say. Ever.

windxrunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Portland, OR
Is vapor king a reputable vendor?

Sony VTC4 2100mAh 30A 18650 battery

For SX350, it's still better to be equipped with a battery that can handle 30 amp continuous discharge safely.

When I get my VTC4's I ordered from them yesterday, I'll tell you if they are legit. But all the comments said they were authentic Sony's.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Dude, VTC batteries are SO expensive ATM!! I've seen them anywhere from $30 to $100 a piece! And that's with no guarantee they are real! I'm SO happy I bought the last two VTC5's from my local B&M recently.

As for 25R's, I got one coming on Monday, I'm excited to try it out. I want a decent battery to use when I'm going to 0.2 ohms or higher, and save the 2 Sony's I have for 0.1 ohm builds only. I want to preserve my VTC5's as long as possible! Lol.

I've considered buying the Efest rewrapped VTC4's, but I'm wary that Efest would only be able to get a hold of the VTC4's that Sony didn't feel we're up to par. Anyone had any experience with those Efest VTC4's? They may be fine,,I really like my Efest LG HE2.

that is exactly how it works. there arent as many battery manufacturers as there are battery "brands". the stock gets binned according to test performance, and the better brands get the better cells.

DaPopeLP

Sep 3, 2014
United States
I know a few guys who SWEAR by the samsung 25r's pushing them at super sub ohm 0.07 and up with no issues. Anyone care to chime in? I have a few that I am getting in the mail soon aswell which I will be running in a triple 18650 mod.

Great batteries from what I hear but the 20r are better, with the 24r the best if you can find them. None going thermal that I have heard of.

I ended up buying EH re-wrapped VTC4.....10 of them.........man....... I sure am paranoid.......I can just see people selling VTC4's for $99 a pair on ebay. Who would have thought that the high drain, high amperage discharge IMR battery prices could be more volatile than the stock market? well, at least only a few a**holes are doing the crazy dance for batteries versus Wall Street where the whole industry is doing the crazy dances everyday !

Happy vaping !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread