Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi, my friend is going to USA and i want to know the cheapest store to buy mods and atomizers that are located in the USA.

Thanks in advance!
Hi Paul,
Where in the US is your friend going?
What devices/liquids are you hoping to find?
Will they be shipping the products to you or will they bring the items back to Brazil in luggage?
Will your friend be in a private home or an hotel/motel?
Did you find a source for quality batteries or do you hope to include them in the cache?
Perhaps, if you post your shopping list, we can suggest options for obtaining your "booty".

Cheers
I

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, if it's physical vape shops, that can be harder to find than buying stuff online, sometimes. I seem to remember like, some person on here developing a list of vape shops in various locations around the country, and etc.

Often, depending on where you go, it can be hard to find some inventory in physical vape shops. It might almost make sense, if your friend knows at least some of what he wants, to use something like vapecrawler.com to find low price items and then get them shipped to wherever he's going to be staying first.

If he wants the excitement of just poking around vape stores well, maybe he/she can do some of that anyway, but it has been my experience for the most part that finding what *I* want, let alone finding it the cheapest in a brick and mortar store can be an exercise in futility.

I do live in kind of a crappy town, but really, unless I want Smok or Kangertech stuff, it can be hard to find what I want, period, let alone inexpensively.
Etc.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hi, my friend is going to USA and i want to know the cheapest store to buy mods and atomizers that are located in the USA.
That's an open ended question. :lol:

How long will your friend be in the US? My favorite online vape store is My Vapor Store. Generally delivers within 3 - 4 days. Wide selection, competitive prices, usually in stock.
Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette | myvaporstore

Last edited:

Paul.

Apr 18, 2017
Hi Paul,
Where in the US is your friend going?
What devices/liquids are you hoping to find?
Will they be shipping the products to you or will they bring the items back to Brazil in luggage?
Will your friend be in a private home or an hotel/motel?
Did you find a source for quality batteries or do you hope to include them in the cache?
Perhaps, if you post your shopping list, we can suggest options for obtaining your "booty".

Cheers
I
florida, i will buy online and send to his hotel, so can he can bring to me in the luggage. But the store must be on US so it can arrive in less than 2-3 days because he will stay only 1 week starting from 17 august

Are you sending your friend on a shopping trip for you? Cheapest will really vary, but online will almost always be cheaper than in store. Besides where is your friend going? The US is kinda a big place.

I need online stores, so i can ship to his hotel

That's an open ended question. :lol:

How long will your friend be in the US? My favorite online vape store is My Vapor Store. Generally delivers within 3 - 4 days. Wide selection, competitive prices, usually in stock.
Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette | myvaporstore

1 week Thanks

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Often, depending on where you go, it can be hard to find some inventory in physical vape shops. It might almost make sense, if your friend knows at least some of what he wants, to use something like vapecrawler.com to find low price items and then get them shipped to wherever he's going to be staying first.

I agree with you 148% Anna...

I'd just use Vapecrawler ...and have it sent to his hotel...

(Although it would be MUCH...MUCH...easier to just have the stuff sent to your home...

Do the laws/shipping costs [in Brazil?] make this unwieldy???)

• Agree

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Oh man. I have a feeling that having an online vendor ship to a hotel on a purchase made with am overseas credit card and assure a delivery within a one week time span is going to be challenging. Never mind online age verification.

With that time limit and identity issues that are going to arise your friend may well be better off hitting a retail store even if the prices are higher. If you know where in Florida I'm sure you can get recommendations on stores to consider sending him to.

Paul.

Apr 18, 2017
Oh man. I have a feeling that having an online vendor ship to a hotel on a purchase made with am overseas credit card and assure a delivery within a one week time span is going to be challenging. Never mind online age verification.

With that time limit and identity issues that are going to arise your friend may well be better off hitting a retail store even if the prices are higher. If you know where in Florida I'm sure you can get recommendations on stores to consider sending him to.
what you mean by age verification? is it not just buy and send to his hotel? there are shippings that take 2 days

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
what you mean by age verification? is it not just buy and send to his hotel? there are shippings that take 2 days

In the USA, the FDA has determined that vaping is a tobacco product. They put requirements for the vendors to show proof of being over 18, since smoking is prohibited to minors. You could also look for local stores in Florida as well, but the prices won't be the cheapest.

Paul.

Apr 18, 2017
In the USA, the FDA has determined that vaping is a tobacco product. They put requirements for the vendors to show proof of being over 18, since smoking is prohibited to minors. You could also look for local stores in Florida as well, but the prices won't be the cheapest.
how it works in online stores, they ask for identification before shipping?

This was what i read in one of them, they will take longer to get the ID?

"PLEASE NOTE: Overnight and Two Day shipping delivers on business days only and if you place the order after 12PM EST the order ships the next business day."

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
how it works in online stores, they ask for identification before shipping?

This was what i read in one of them, they will take longer to get the ID?

"PLEASE NOTE: Overnight and Two Day shipping delivers on business days only and if you place the order after 12PM EST the order ships the next business day."

It depends on the company. It is not uncommon for them to require a fax or Email a copy of your drivers license so they can keep it on file. It is best to ask the company first.

• Agree

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
For Online stores...here's a List of which ones require What..("Unknown" and "Veratad" are the least intrusive...

Vendor Age Verification Procedure List

Remember those are US based age verification databases for an online "instant" verification. Even if the OP sends an email with a scan of some official document that's acceptable, you're then requesting the vendor to send it to a hotel in the name of the third party friend. How does the vendor know who that is they're sending it to?

Next it is not uncommon for the sake of fraud protection to ship only to the billed to address of the credit card, or a secondary address provided to the credit card company for legitimate verification. There is also the issue it's a credit card from an overseas financial institution. The risk of fraud is going to he big in the mind of the vendor. It's not like ordering from FT in China to your physical address. US vendors aren't going to be keen on taking an overseas payment for domestic delivery to a hotel, not even a residential address.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but you'll have to work with a very understanding vendor to make that whole process work.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Your situation may be complicated, well the age verification part perhaps depending on how .... a store is gonna be. I mean, you are shipping it to That Guy, not yourself, so you're going to be putting shipping and billing addresses in different names AND countries, I'm not sure how some of them may take to that. You could have the guy BUY it I guess and ship it to his USA address but you're probably gonna want a vendor that hasn't travelled all that far down paranoia lane and etc.

I think I've been asked for ID one time, so far, but I haven't been buying almost ANYTHING lately.

I would like, do your due diligence early and etc.
Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
@Paul. - Where in Florida will your friend be? I'm asking because I'm located in central Florida. Perhaps I could be of some help to him and/or to you.
Some on line stores have a B&M shop affiliated with the on line business. Lets us know where in Florida and perhaps I or someone can direct you to a store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread