Not open for further replies.

fatherdano

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
ohio
I know, I know how exciting right?

I've been waiting to fire up a SL/LP Grand for a while now. I told myself when I got this Grand it would be for unflavored only.

In the process of buying some online supplies I slipped a few clones(chalice and hobo3)into my cart.
Neither are to my liking, im not surprised either.

Well let me know what you think.

Thank You in advance Reoville!!!

Reactions: ed101z

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Do you like big attys, small attys, big air, small air?
I know Russ does unflavored, and he's currently loving the stumpy. I've never tried it, but does only unflavored and says a twisted single coil in that is every bit as good as untwisted dual coils in any other atty, if not better. Good luck with your search. and good to see ya

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I have 3 atty's that work single coil and adjust to tight mouth to lung or airy lung hit. RM4 Atomic, Rm8 Derringer and a catfish modded Magma. Take your pick for no flavor, they will all serve you well.

The RM2 is for mouth to lung only unless you bore the air hole.

Take a good look at the RM8 Derringer. It's short and compact and leaks much less than the RM4 Atomic. The Magma is a bit large and top heavy.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I have 3 atty's that work single coil and adjust to tight mouth to lung or airy lung hit. RM4 Atomic, Rm8 Derringer and a catfish modded Magma. Take your pick for no flavor, they will all serve you well.

The RM2 is for mouth to lung only unless you bore the air hole.

Take a good look at the RM8 Derringer. It's short and compact and leaks much less than the RM4 Atomic. The Magma is a bit large and top heavy.
I've used the atomic and derringer (clones) and will absolutely second the derringer! I do like it better in DC than SC, more throat hit, but it's easy to build. Just easy to oversquonk til you get used to it

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Hmmm... well, fatherd, we've been down this road before, no? You've had the RM2 for ages and you moved your Rogue on.

If I recall correctly, you're not a lung hitter, want some ooomph, but aren't so crazy about big air.

The RM2 really is a good choice, but since you already know that song, I'd suggest maybe the following.....

* RM3 with dual coils. Hits harder than the RM2, but is not a DL steam factory. MTL is definitely easy to do. I know you wanted single coil, but this vapes like a single coil on steroids.

* RM4. Good with a single coil, gives you the option for duals, nice afc that closes down well for MTL.

* Nuppin'. Known primarily for flavour (a moot point in your application) and dual coils, folks have been running them with a single overhead coil with success. Very good afc, MTL no problem.

* A few more esoteric atties: Speed, Matrix, Graal, Viper, NoFearAgain. These take a little digging to find, are all 14mm, build for single coils, pack a punch.

Of all of these, I'd say either stick with the RM2 or go for the RM4 (atomic). Easiest to source, good pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread