Best battery for capacity (and safety)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I have a vtc4 in my sx350 box mod but I seem to drain it in less than a day so I was looking FOR the HIGHEST capacity battery that is still safe. What is the best solution on the market? I've been looking at vtc5 and the Panasonic hybrids so far.

EDIT: I guess I forgot to mention I don't subohm and I would like an 18650

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I would say the Sony VTC5's but they are out of stock. Check Baditudes blog for a list of other safe batteries:

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?
- choose the safest and right battery for your applications here. Includes a list of name brand, high-drain, safe-chemistry batteries with mAh & amp ratings in 18350, 18490/18500, and 18650 sizes.

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Depending on the intended use of the batteries, the AW IMR 18650 - 2000 and 1600 mAH batteries are good choice, as well. The 1600 mAH affords a higher max continuous discharge rate of 15C, which is some 24 amps, which bests the 2000's 10 amp rating.
Well right now I'm vaping single coil 1.5-2 ohms. I don't see that changing very much. I vape between 10-15w. I am close to chain vaping

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Well right now I'm vaping single coil 1.5-2 ohms. I don't see that changing very much. I vape between 10-15w. I am close to chain vaping

Your VTC4 will serve you well. If available, the VTC5 has a higher capacity. It's 2100 mAH.

At your current max scenario, the above mentioned AW IMR 1600 would work, as well. However, it has a much shorter run time.

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Your VTC4 will serve you well. If available, the VTC5 has a higher capacity. It's 2100 mAH.

At your current max scenario, the above mentioned AW IMR 1600 would work, as well. However, it has a much shorter run time.
Anything with higher run time than vtc5?

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Personally, nothing that I would prefer to use.
Actually I just pulled my battery out and it is a vtc5.i bought it at a vape shop that said it's capacity was really low so I just assumed that it was a vtc4 but it is labeled vtc5 and it seems legit. So now I know I drain a full vtc5 before days end...

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
What charger are you using?
What voltage are the batteries after charging & a 30 minute rest period?
Are you sure it is an authentic vtc5?
Picture of battery side, top & bottom?
I am using an sx350 chip which has a built-in micro usb charger. I can see the battery voltage increase as it charges and if I remember correctly it's between 4.5-5.4V fully charged. The battery looks authentic but the only difference I noticed is the text and the qr code is on opposite sides instead of right above. The test font and color looks all the same as an original.

Last edited:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Actually I just pulled my battery out and it is a vtc5.i bought it at a vape shop that said it's capacity was really low so I just assumed that it was a vtc4 but it is labeled vtc5 and it seems legit. So now I know I drain a full vtc5 before days end...

Umm . . . That's most likely a fake.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
How to Spot Fake Sony Batteries
Sony Real vs Fake.jpg

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    You do understand that your 1.75 ohm coil @ 10 watts is only pulling 2.4a.

Wanna know WHY there are no vtc5's around? Because everyone just had to have them ! ! ! Even if they didn't need them.

Edit: contacted the vape shop and he informed me that they don't sell counterfeit batteries.

OH-OK :lol: The only way he can have authentic Sony vtc5's is for them to be "New, Old Stock".

No new VTC4/5s are able to be sourced at this time. End of story.
    Sony isn't making them, so NO ONE is buying them from Sony.

Last edited:

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 2, 2014
    You do understand that your 1.75 ohm coil @ 10 watts is only pulling 2.4a.

Wanna know WHY there are no vtc5's around? Because everyone just had to have them ! ! ! Even if they didn't need them.

OH-OK :lol: The only way he can have authentic Sony vtc5's is for them to be "New, Old Stock".

Sony isn't making them, so NO ONE is buying them from Sony.
    Well ive had mine for MONTHS so it was before the counterfeit influx

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread