Best battery for long vape time? Provari 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

purelyscientific

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
NewYork
I vape a provari 2.5 with a phoenix v3 atomizer(an older style dripper) with coils made between 1.4-1.8 at 5-5.4 volts depending on where it maxes out before getting the 15w limit error. With that said it looks like any battery with 5A should be plenty enough. I wanted to know what you'd recommend for this device for maximum battery life. When brand new my purple 2500mah batterys last about 2 days - 3 if I'm vaping light.

Price isn't a big factor - I'm willing to splurge on a 3500mah battery if it'll get me a day or two more of vape time and will fit.

High mAh is what I'm after since that determines the batteries capacity, correct?

So, what is the longest vape-time battery you all use in your provari 2.5?

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’m personally starting to wonder if the provari might be starting to become end-of-life due solely to changes in battery technology.

It makes me wonder how upgradable the electronics are and if a simple software update might improve things.

There was another post recently on the same topic which received several replies. A search might avail you much. I remember the post content only vaguely, but apparently there were a few limitations caused by the provari voltage requirements that struck me as odd.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Your primary problem will be finding a button top battery, which the Provari 2.5 requires. AW had always been the top choice for button top batteries and solely recommended by Provape, but AW stopped manufacturing batteries a year ago when their plant was destroyed in a flood.

You also want a" high drain" battery, preferably one with at least a 10 amp continuous discharge rate. That was the recommendation by Provape on the old Provape website.

The preferred manufacturers (Lg, Samsung, Sanyo, Sony) don't make a button top battery straight from the factory; the button tops are added in the aftermarket. You might find a button top Samsung, Lg, or Orbtronic battery at one of the major battery suppliers listed below. Otherwise you may need to "settle" for the purple button-top Efests.

Warning: The AW batteries offered by Ali Express are all counterfeit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread