Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
OK my 2 cents onf KF5. I only use KF5 now because it is most consistent in how I like to vape; for flavor, MTL or wide open. Im preferring MTL at the smallest setting now after working down from my previous wide mouth rta RDAs.
I use TC and 316ss spaced 6wrap 2.5mm. Organic cotton.
I am having trouble getting normal wicking right... cheezz even with 2 whole turns it wont wick good unless I open the top cap a turn or two and see the bubbles come up. I find myself doing that all the time now to get the best wicked vape all the time.
I do fluff the wick ends and they are short so not to clog the juice holes.
Its a minor inconvenience imo for a great vape.
But WHY?
BTW I couldnt get the Siren GTA2 to not give me harsh hits even in TC so I hung them out of the rotation for now, but they seemed to have possibilities similar to the KF5. And again WHY?

Combing out the tails works for me. It'll straighten out the fibers as well as thin the tails a bit.

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I am having trouble getting normal wicking right... cheezz even with 2 whole turns it wont wick good unless I open the top cap a turn or two and see the bubbles come up. I find myself doing that all the time now to get the best wicked vape all the time.
I do fluff the wick ends and they are short so not to clog the juice holes.
Its a minor inconvenience imo for a great vape.
But WHY?

I had the same problem on multiple K5 clones and I found an easy solution. The problem is that I'm not sure it makes sense. It can't hurt though, so you might as well try it.

My solution:
Lube the o-rings on the base with VG whenever you replace the coil or wick.

My best guess is that the un-lubed o-rings were sticking and getting pulled out of place, possibly blocking something. Either that or I've lost my mind. Good luck!

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread