Best ceramic coil tanks at 40 watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurlyLioness

Apr 3, 2019
I am currently using a jomotech lite 40s mod which comes standard with .5 ohm coils, and I'm on the hunt for a better tank with longer lasting coils. I like a tank with high juice capacity and adjustable air flow. I've been looking into ceramic coil tanks but just don't know where to begin. Any recommendations for the best ceramic coil tanks for this particular mod?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm wanting to replace the whole tank not just the coils, from what I've been told so far it should work with other tanks, I just need to find the right one.
Ahh. How long a coil lasts has a lot to do with how a person vapes and what they put in the device, so it’s hard to measure.
What juice do you use, and how long does a coil last for you? I’m assuming you want a MTL tank again? Not sure if this is MTL or not. The wattage is not high for a tank, but there’s a lot of airflow there. A 40w non adjustable mod is definitely MTL territory for mods though.

CurlyLioness

Apr 3, 2019
I've been using different juices, right now I'm using 70vg/30pg 3mg nic. Banana split flavor house juice from Cloud Slingers vape shop. (Not sure how helpful that last bit of info is) I prefer the higher vg juice with a slightly sweet flavor but nothing overly sweet. I haven't used any liquid that was any darker than lemony yellow. I guess I vape a lot cause it's a pretty big tank and I have to refill it a few times a day. So far I've been getting that burnt taste after a day or two. I have two I've been alternating between, and I've been washing them and rewicking to save money, but so far have not recoiled them.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I've been using different juices, right now I'm using 70vg/30pg 3mg nic. Banana split flavor house juice from Cloud Slingers vape shop. (Not sure how helpful that last bit of info is) I prefer the higher vg juice with a slightly sweet flavor but nothing overly sweet. I haven't used any liquid that was any darker than lemony yellow. I guess I vape a lot cause it's a pretty big tank and I have to refill it a few times a day. So far I've been getting that burnt taste after a day or two. I have two I've been alternating between, and I've been washing them and rewicking to save money, but so far have not recoiled them.
1 to 2 days is fast for a cartridge tank. generally they go for half a week minimum. Some people get a month, depending on juice type and wattage and vaping frequency and their ability to put up with dirty coils. I generally get a solid two days out of an RBA wick, more with TC, and those things go faster than coils. Coil cartridges are rarely rewickable though. It might not be a money saving venture for you. You might do well with an rba if you’re already rewicking stuff. The difficulty is that mod is unregulated, more or less (LiPo is never totally unregulated) so you’ll need an ohm meter for coil building. Even for recoiling the cartridges you got. The other issue is the internals of that mod are a bit of a mystery. It may have non-standard output and be specifically tuned for that particular atty. it’s not something I would want to overdraw power on. This wouldn’t be a problem if max voltage draw on the mod was known, but I’m not finding any data so it’s hard to know what would work. LiPos tend to work a bit differently. This is why I say MTL. The numbers for MTL are generally a lot lower so you’re less likely to over draw the device. If you want to DL on that thing it’s going to be hard. Put up with it till the battery becomes too much of a geriatric pain and then move on to a whole new rig maybe? Or buy a whole new better rig and save that as a backup? Depends on finances. Without knowing about the actual ability of the battery, putting a different atty on it is kind of a crapshoot. The thing is kind of like an AIO except the atty is removable. As an AIO it’s kind of bangin’ because of the rewick ability.

If you want to go MTL just about any MTL tank with ceramic coils will work. Vapresso guardian is one. Uses ccell cartridges

Reactions: brewbear

Gentle Smoke

Jan 31, 2019
Hello CL I started vaping 3-4 months ago with a Vaporesso Baby Cascade tank, cCell2 ceramic coil. The coil has nice flavor at first. However, I vape NET juice, aprox 85% VG and gunk them up in four days. The problem with ceramic is it heats slow so, you're inclined to use more power than you need. Hence, your juice is probably breaking down at the wire level. Talking about the coil on this forum, one individual complained about seeing ceramic powder in the blister pack, something I haven't seen and don't consider the coil dangerous. Then there's the cost, aprox $2.50 a coil. I now vape an RTA and can change my wick to my heart's content. Always a clean tasting vape.

Reactions: bombastinator

CurlyLioness

Apr 3, 2019
Yeah, I was thinking I was burning through coils way too fast, that's why I wasbtryiwa to find a tank with longer lasting coils. I wish I would have done more research before buying this thing, I've seen quite a few better mods on the market for better prices. Right now I don't have a lot to spend on either a new mod or a new tank, but it's beginning to look like maybe a new mod might be the better option. I don't know if this helps any but on the bottom it says...Battery Capacity: 2200mah, OHMS:0.35 - 1, Power:7.92wh, Input:5v===1A, Output:4.2v===10A. Only other info I have is Max watts 40 and that it came with 0.5 ohm coils, not sure if it will work with anything else.

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

CurlyLioness

Apr 3, 2019
Hello CL I started vaping 3-4 months ago with a Vaporesso Baby Cascade tank, cCell2 ceramic coil. The coil has nice flavor at first. However, I vape NET juice, aprox 85% VG and gunk them up in four days. The problem with ceramic is it heats slow so, you're inclined to use more power than you need. Hence, your juice is probably breaking down at the wire level. Talking about the coil on this forum, one individual complained about seeing ceramic powder in the blister pack, something I haven't seen and don't consider the coil dangerous. Then there's the cost, aprox $2.50 a coil. I now vape an RTA and can change my wick to my heart's content. Always a clean tasting vape.
Good info, thanks. I've seen a couple of ceramic coil tanks in my searching that claim to heat up rather quickly, the biggest question is whether or not they will work with this mod. I did notice that the coils themselves are becoming black long before the cotton does. As far as the price goes, I figure if the coils can last a lot longer, I won't have to replace them as often, and if I can find a rewickable one I can extend coil life even longer.

CurlyLioness

Apr 3, 2019
1 to 2 days is fast for a cartridge tank. generally they go for half a week minimum. Some people get a month, depending on juice type and wattage and vaping frequency and their ability to put up with dirty coils. I generally get a solid two days out of an RBA wick, more with TC, and those things go faster than coils. Coil cartridges are rarely rewickable though. It might not be a money saving venture for you. You might do well with an rba if you’re already rewicking stuff. The difficulty is that mod is unregulated, more or less (LiPo is never totally unregulated) so you’ll need an ohm meter for coil building. Even for recoiling the cartridges you got. The other issue is the internals of that mod are a bit of a mystery. It may have non-standard output and be specifically tuned for that particular atty. it’s not something I would want to overdraw power on. This wouldn’t be a problem if max voltage draw on the mod was known, but I’m not finding any data so it’s hard to know what would work. LiPos tend to work a bit differently. This is why I say MTL. The numbers for MTL are generally a lot lower so you’re less likely to over draw the device. If you want to DL on that thing it’s going to be hard. Put up with it till the battery becomes too much of a geriatric pain and then move on to a whole new rig maybe? Or buy a whole new better rig and save that as a backup? Depends on finances. Without knowing about the actual ability of the battery, putting a different atty on it is kind of a crapshoot. The thing is kind of like an AIO except the atty is removable. As an AIO it’s kind of bangin’ because of the rewick ability.

If you want to go MTL just about any MTL tank with ceramic coils will work. Vapresso guardian is one. Uses ccell cartridges
I'm still a bit confused on the difference between MTL and DL, can you please explain?

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello CurlyLioness, have you ever considered or heard of Squonking?

It's a technique used with RDA's (Rebuildable Dripping Atomisers) where liquid is fed up into them by using a special 510 pin.

The reason why I am mentioning this, is that RDA's are easier to work with and more forgiving than RTA's (Rebuildable Tank Atomisers).

And I had to check, MAP code works on fasttech with Dovpo Topside Squonker. Reduces price to under 58 USD.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah, I was thinking I was burning through coils way too fast, that's why I wasbtryiwa to find a tank with longer lasting coils. I wish I would have done more research before buying this thing, I've seen quite a few better mods on the market for better prices. Right now I don't have a lot to spend on either a new mod or a new tank, but it's beginning to look like maybe a new mod might be the better option. I don't know if this helps any but on the bottom it says...Battery Capacity: 2200mah, OHMS:0.35 - 1, Power:7.92wh, Input:5v===1A, Output:4.2v===10A. Only other info I have is Max watts 40 and that it came with 0.5 ohm coils, not sure if it will work with anything else.
Does I think. I’m gonna have to look up LiPo batteries again to be sure, but the Ohms thing will matter and the 10a thing matters, and maybe the 7.92 who matters. If I’m right 10a means pretty dang high drain, while 2200ma means pretty dang low capacity. It will likely power a DL atty, but it won’t do it for very long. It’s using ratings different from standard though, which generally means the manufactures are trying to hide something. The stats appear derived I think which would mean they have to be all taken together and Underived. The .35 to 1ohm thing is weird, and let’s out many MTL attys and most mesh ones. A new mod with the same old atty won’t help of course because the whole point is to avoid this particular atty. a zenith atty with .7 ohm coils is another possible at this point. Still MTL though. Also it uses cotton wicking that can’t be replaced.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm still a bit confused on the difference between MTL and DL, can you please explain?
Theres probably a link to a good description around here that will do a better job than I can. I suck at finding that stuff. @BrotherBob is much better at it. He may have something for you if he appears. Basically it has to do with how you inhale, and whether the vapor the produces is low volume or high volume as well as other factors. If you want to blow big clouds you need DL.
UPDATE: Looks like @BillW50 already got it though.

CurlyLioness

Apr 3, 2019
Does I think. I’m gonna have to look up LiPo batteries again to be sure, but the Ohms thing will matter and the 10a thing matters, and maybe the 7.92 who matters. If I’m right 10a means pretty dang high drain, while 2200ma means pretty dang low capacity. It will likely power a DL atty, but it won’t do it for very long. It’s using ratings different from standard though, which generally means the manufactures are trying to hide something. The stats appear derived I think which would mean they have to be all taken together and Underived. The .35 to 1ohm thing is weird, and let’s out many MTL attys and most mesh ones. A new mod with the same old atty won’t help of course because the whole point is to avoid this particular atty. a zenith atty with .7 ohm coils is another possible at this point. Still MTL though. Also it uses cotton wicking that can’t be replaced.
MTL is good, that is what I'm looking for, I found a few ceramic coil attys that might work. I looked up more specs and reviews on the mod, it says it's certified as low as 3ohm, not sure how high it can go on the ohms though. I was looking at the vaporesso ceramic core attys but am hoping to find something a little on the cheaper side since I'm not sure if it's going to work out. Do you know anything about the yocan favotank, Horizon krixus, or OBS Ace tanks?

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
You should look into getting a kit so you get a tank and mod for cheap. Here’s an example of a decent setup.
asMODus Mini Minikin 50W Kit | Vapor Range Retail
Or if you want a rebuildable atomizer with your mod this looks good.
asMODus Minikin Boost 155W Mod and Galatek RDA Combo
These are just some examples of what’s out there but if you get a kit you can usually get more for your money then buying tank and mod separate.
Ok here ya go, mod with internal battery so n need to get a charger and the mod is super tough and nice. The tank I’m not sure but I use the same coils on a different tank and they are good.
GeekVape Aegis Mini 80W 2200mAh TC Kit | Vapor Range Retail

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

That would have been me! It was an observation not a complaint. I left the risk, or danger aspect open for interpretation.

I used cCells quite extensively – one of my preferred drop in coils especially on a single cell device at low wattages. On average a cCell would have lasted me a good 3 to 4 weeks. Even with high VG juice. I have written on the cCell many times with high regards on these forums for I believe they provide a nice clean, and consistent vape.

As for the ceramic dust – I have gone through dozens of these coils and only once have experienced ceramic dust within the blister pack. Perhaps I received a coil that was made on a Friday prior to a long weekend and it slipped through QC. Or perhaps the dust was something else – I do not have a lab for further analysis. But if you have ever taken one of these coils apart you will see the ceramic does break down quite easily where you can feel the sand like texture on your fingers. There has also been a few who have reported throat irritations while vaping ceramic coils – that I have never experienced and have since day one always ignored said claims! I brought up the dust for others to evaluate their own risks.

• Informative
Reactions: madstabber

CurlyLioness

Apr 3, 2019
You should look into getting a kit so you get a tank and mod for cheap. Here’s an example of a decent setup.
asMODus Mini Minikin 50W Kit | Vapor Range Retail
Or if you want a rebuildable atomizer with your mod this looks good.
asMODus Minikin Boost 155W Mod and Galatek RDA Combo
These are just some examples of what’s out there but if you get a kit you can usually get more for your money then buying tank and mod separate.
Ok here ya go, mod with internal battery so n need to get a charger and the mod is super tough and nice. The tank I’m not sure but I use the same coils on a different tank and they are good.
GeekVape Aegis Mini 80W 2200mAh TC Kit | Vapor Range Retail
I've been considering a new mod if I can't find a good tank for the one I already have, but I'm on a pretty tight budget right now, and already spent the money on this mod, so if I can find a decent tank that will work for a reasonable price I'd prefer to do that.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I've been considering a new mod if I can't find a good tank for the one I already have, but I'm on a pretty tight budget right now, and already spent the money on this mod, so if I can find a decent tank that will work for a reasonable price I'd prefer to do that.
I can understand that, but the cost of some of these kits are about the same you’d pay for just a tank. I just wanted you to know that there is some great deals out there especially if you get a kit that’s a few years old. Also it’s always good to have two setups in case one breaks you don’t have to wait to get another. Check clearance sections on some of these websites because there is great prices on vape gear for those on a tight budget. Good luck on your search and I hope you enjoy whatever you end up with.

Reactions: BillW50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread