The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Best cheap pen style

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Stacy1, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Stacy1

Stacy1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Brunswick,GA,USA
    Been a while since I've used an ego style battery but I helped a co-worker quit smoking a while back by setting him up with a vision spinner. He likes it because its easy to conceal in his shirt pocket while at work. For Christmas he's upgrading to a mvp2 but still wants a couple new pen type batteries for work.Do I need to get him a couple more spinners or is there something better in the same price range?

2. Harlen

Harlen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2013
    Charlotte Nc
    Any will do .
    If your going to get 5 or more I would go to DHGate.com and in the minimum pices order put in 5
    You can get the little 650 ego for $3.00 each

3. Just1Fixxx

Just1Fixxx Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2014
    Ohio
    I really like my Itaste VV

But... those new Spinner 2's have 1600 mah. That's a lot of battery life for an ego style.

4. Tmebs

Tmebs Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    Get the mvp/v2's little brother.....innokin Itaste /vv.....all the features of a bigger device but small form factor, perfect for work and can use as pass thru. 101 vapes had them for the same price as a spinner, 25.99

5. Stacy1

Stacy1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Brunswick,GA,USA
    Thanks guys! I will check all the suggestions out. I'm excited about this purchase. The guy doesnt have internet (he's really old school) but he's wanting me to buy two of everything because he has now talked his brother into giving vaping a shot. The brother has smoked long enough unfortunately that his health is suffering the effects, but it's never too late to quit and I'm happy to be a part of it

6. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    If you want to get him some real stuff that will last check out the pricing on the Clearance items on the Joyetech US site. => https://us.joyetech.com/joyetech-clearance

It appears the site is down right now so you may want to try it later. They have some Twists at about half price.

7. peraspera

peraspera Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2012
    midwest
    Some people on reddit have reported their credit cards were hacked after using the us.joyetech.com site. Joytech didn't appear to fix the issue in any sort of timely way. I haven't seen posts indicating whether or not the issue has now been fixed.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/2k20kx/usjoyetechcom_credit_card_hacking_alert/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/2lqdsj/psa_please_dont_trust_usjoyetechcom_i_just_had_my/

The Innokin VV 3.0 is a nice smaller size, has a digital readout, USB charging and an oHm reader.

8. Just1Fixxx

Just1Fixxx Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2014
    Ohio
  9. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    That's not how credit card fraud works. You will never know if/when/where your account information was stolen because your card issuing bank cannot tell you - it's in their contract with VISA, MasterCard etc. Credit card information is stolen weeks or months before you see a fraud attempt on an account. It doesn't make a split second hop from you using a card and a fraud suddenly appearing.

10. peraspera

peraspera Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2012
    midwest
    I would encourage people to read the reddit posts and make their own judgments about whether or not the us.joyetech.com site was responsible for the security breaches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.