Best choice for a mtl rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Haha, thanks for the reply. I'm torned between that one and Hellvape MD MTL as loads of reciewers are hailing it as the best MTL rta of 2019, so I'm kneeling towards either.

Hellvape MD MTL
Asvape Zeta MTL
BD Vape Precisio
steam crave Glaz Mini
DOT MTL

The old kayfun v3 (I believe?) And the Erlkonigin were my fav RTAs of all time. Having a bit of a hard time deciding because I don't like buying different attys because I will always gravitate to just using one 100% of the time.

I'm interested in the Anani, but given the uncertainty of available vape gear in the near future in the U.S., I am trying to be strategic in what I buy right now. I love the Dvarw MTL RTA, and have several of them with PEI tanks, but I need a few more RTAs with glass tanks, great flavor, large liquid capacity, no leaking, easy building and wicking. I have both the Hellvape MD MTL RTA and the Steam Crave Glaz Mini and love them. I am so happy with them, I don't think I'll experiment much with other RTAs. I'll just grow my stash of these attys and spare parts for them. If I can't ever buy another RTA because of enforcement of the Deeming or other anti-vape policies, I think I will continue being happy with these attys. That's how much I like them.

Now, if we get lucky, and our ability to get new vape gear isn't impacted by anti-vape policies, I'll keep trying new gear because it's fun!

• Agree
Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm interested in the Anani, but given the uncertainty of available vape gear in the near future in the U.S., I am trying to be strategic in what I buy right now. I love the Dvarw MTL RTA, and have several of them with PEI tanks, but I need a few more RTAs with glass tanks, great flavor, large liquid capacity, no leaking, easy building and wicking. I have both the Hellvape MD MTL RTA and the Steam Crave Glaz Mini and love them. I am so happy with them, I don't think I'll experiment much with other RTAs. I'll just grow my stash of these attys and spare parts for them. If I can't ever buy another RTA because of enforcement of the Deeming or other anti-vape policies, I think I will continue being happy with these attys. That's how much I like them.

Now, if we get lucky, and our ability to get new vape gear isn't impacted by anti-vape policies, I'll keep trying new gear because it's fun!

If you are happy with what you are using, there really is no need to try anything else, Plus with those both being recent releases, there should be still plenty of good deals on them.

I don't envy you guys for having to stock up :cry: I'm in NZ, so it's not as major, and a healthy dose of shinyitis has my mod & RTA situation well in hand. But I certainly haven't been holding back lately, in buying more of what I love using, whenever I can

Gcnc76

Dec 16, 2016
    United States
    I'd really appreciate some help please: ):). I currently have the Siren GTA 25 and I'm looking for another mtl rta. What would you guys think it's the best option in between:
    Geekvape Ammit
    Innokin Ares
    Hastur MINI
    Ehpro True MTL.
    I should also mention i can't afford a kayfun.Any other suggestions in the price range of these atomizers are more than welcome, obviously, but I don't have acces to a lot of atomizers as they're not available in my country.
    Thanks a lot:):)

I just sold a Hellvape MD, which is labeled a MTL RTA, but was too loose for me. It is an awesome looking atty, and very versatile, just not something I'd use. I just received an Ammit, the 24mm single coil mtl one. I bought it used on Reddit, but it seems brand new. Anyway, it too, is too loose for me, although a little better than the MD. I'm a Berserker fan all the way. Loved the mini, and now loving the mini v1.5. Also can't wait to try the kayfun Lite 2019. Anyway, if you're interested in the Ammit, I'll probably put it up for sale pretty soon.

witalit

Jan 7, 2020

I have the Steamcrave. What's your build? I have trouble finding perfect combination of build and wick. It either gives me dry hit or is way too saturated, thanks.

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I have the Steamcrave. What's your build? I have trouble finding perfect combination of build and wick. It either gives me dry hit or is way too saturated, thanks.

Please explain why you think your wick is too saturated?

I make a slightly-spaced coil that fits the build deck. I usually do 10 or 12 wraps of 28 ga. kanthal and then unwrap them until I think it will fit, no specific number of wraps I undo. I always use a regulated mod, spaced coil, and check each build on the ohm meter, so I don't worry about having a specific formula. Right now, my Steam Crave G.M. coil is 1.2 ohms, but sometimes it's more and sometimes it's less.

As for wicking, I cut the Koh Gen Do even with the base, and trim it shorter from there. You need wick length that is a bit longer than what would be even with the build deck and shorter than would be even with the base. You don't want too much cotton going down into the wicking channel so the cotton is too compressed. I use the method Vaping with Vic uses. Instead of stuffing and cramming the cotton down, I use my small screwdriver to push the cotton inward toward the coil so that it falls naturally into the channel. I've never had a dry hit with this atty.

Oh yeah, and make sure, after drenching your cotton with juice, draw on your vape a few times without pushing the button. That will make sure your cotton is thoroughly saturated.

Good luck to you!

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

witalit

Jan 7, 2020
    Please explain why you think your wick is too saturated?

I make a slightly-spaced coil that fits the build deck. I usually do 10 or 12 wraps of 28 ga. kanthal and then unwrap them until I think it will fit, no specific number of wraps I undo. I always use a regulated mod, spaced coil, and check each build on the ohm meter, so I don't worry about having a specific formula. Right now, my Steam Crave G.M. coil is 1.2 ohms, but sometimes it's more and sometimes it's less.

As for wicking, I cut the Koh Gen Do even with the base, and trim it shorter from there. You need wick length that is a bit longer than what would be even with the build deck and shorter than would be even with the base. You don't want too much cotton going down into the wicking channel so the cotton is too compressed. I use the method Vaping with Vic uses. Instead of stuffing and cramming the cotton down, I use my small screwdriver to push the cotton inward toward the coil so that it falls naturally into the channel. I've never had a dry hit with this atty.

Oh yeah, and make sure, after drenching your cotton with juice, draw on your vape a few times without pushing the button. That will make sure your cotton is thoroughly saturated.

Good luck to you!

Thanks for the post I'm sure it will help someone else. Instead I sold my Glaz Mini RTA and ordered a KF Lite 2019 clone from Fasttech with the steamtuners top fill cloned cap. This would be my first Kayfun even as a clone since well 2012 after seeing all the different KFs release. They was always too tall got my liking so never bought one. If I like it I will pickup the authentic + Steamtuners top fill kit.

mototoo

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    If you are after an RTA that is very similar to the Siren GTA - have a look at the full sized 3.5ml Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA. It comes with airflow inserts 1.0mm, 1.6mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.5mm.

It is an absolute bullet proof RTA - never leaks, no dry hits, and has amazing flavour.

the airhole of the hastur mini is flat, unlike the dvarw and true which protrudes upward. do you experience any liquid (condensation) in the airflow holes?

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    the airhole of the hastur mini is flat, unlike the dvarw and true which protrudes upward. do you experience any liquid (condensation) in the airflow holes?

The Dvarws and True don't give me problems with condensation. I had condensation problems with the Hastur mini when I used the drip tips that came with the tank, so I stopped using it until I read somewhere here on ECF that condensation problems can sometimes be caused when the inner diameter of the drip tip is smaller than the chimney. I immediately got a drip tip with a larger diameter and I haven't had a condensation problem with my Hastur Mini since.

Reactions: mototoo
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread