The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best cig-a-like for 2016?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Chickensalad, Jul 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Chickensalad

Chickensalad Full Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Hi and thanks in advance for any advice!

Been vaping for about 2 years now, I've used everything from box mods to sub ohm tank monsters, but nothing felt as good as my old Halo g6 cig-a-like.

I'm looking for something with that cig-a-like form factor and automatic "suck to vape" activation with refillable tanks/cartos. I figure something new has come out since then. I'm mostly interested in flavor, I don't care about epic clouds or any of that nonsesne.

All of the "professional" review sites recommend the new v2 ex, but a quick survey of their q&a forum shows nothing but angry customers and broken tanks.

Any recommendations? Also is it possible to get a cig-a-like that can vape 50/50 liquid?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    Geez, I don't want to downer but cigalike is really on the outskirts of the vape world these days. This isn't a personal opinion of the style or device - there simply isn't much in production any longer. Basic things like cartos are practically obsolete and are getting to be very tough to locate. I know what you read about Halo and they never really bothered to recover from the v2 issues. Even the old standby - a Joyetech 510 cigalike - has been dropped by Joyetech from the product line. That's pretty telling when one of the largest producers of gear calls it quits on a device style. And even nJoy came out with tank systems and eGo type batteries.

That isn't to say you still can't find sites selling "the best e-cigarettes in the world!" with overpriced... everything and proprietary connectors. But new in the world of cigalikes? Nothing I'm aware of.

You may want to take a look at what Johnson Creek may be offering these days, but I can assure you it won't be cheap.

3. IMFire3605

IMFire3605 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    About the only viable unit on the market that is worth a dang, sorry to have to say it, but the JUUL by Pax. The JUUL is a potent unit, though the default liquids in the pods are close to 50mg/5% nic strength, if you are low nic level it will head buzz you after a puff or two. The pods are also pretty expensive, but can be refilled to save money, get more life from them, though only about 3 to 4 maybe more refills per pod before the atomizer will burn out.

If you are looking for a compact unit that is not really big and more available supply wise, look at the Kanger TopEvod or Joyetech Ego AIO (All-in-One) which are pretty modern in technology wise, the TopEvod is no bigger than an Ego /w Tank. Not much available at the really low end anymore, been gradually phased out over the past year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chickensalad

Chickensalad Full Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Thanks for the recommendations, I know my wants are pretty scrubby.

After a bit of searching around it seems v2 is as overpriced and ....ty as I thought, the real question I should be asking is whether or not an 808/510 threaded battery can vape 50/50 pg vg juice.

5. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    What can I add?

There are still cig-a-likes out there. If you are keen to get something, maybe you can just buy a plain KR808 kit with a PCC.

The real reason the "professional" review sites promote certain brands is because they make lots of money. In fact, I would call these websites and the individual reviewers that promote certain brands over all the rest, with no genuine reason other than to make money, fraudsters.

I paid $99 for an KR808 kit in 2012. Once it was beginning to lose performance (2 months?) I bought another one, except I didn't buy it from a brand store that is involved in the fake reviews business. I paid $39. Even today, there are brands that will charge $149 for a $39 kit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chickensalad

Chickensalad Full Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Thanks for the head up dj, any reccomendations on a specific kr808 to get? And do you know of if they have high enough voltage to vape 50/50 liquid?

7. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Your atomizer is going to dictate whether it can handle a thicker viscosity juice. Generally, 50/50 mixes don't present an issue, even with the cheaper atomizers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chickensalad

Chickensalad Full Member

Jul 3, 2016
    By atomizer do you mean the cartos/tanks that go on cig like batteries?

9. retired1

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Yes. The atomizer is what heats the e-liquid into a vapor.

10. Chickensalad

Chickensalad Full Member

Jul 3, 2016
    After lurking the old posts on the forum I saw a lot of good word on the volt Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette

Word of mouth from people on this forum is worth more than reviews it seems, and the price is leagues ahead of v2, so I'm thinking this brand, unless anyone says otherwise.

11. mcclintock

mcclintock Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2014
    Volt
    MigCig
    but I still would prefer a generic VV singlecoil EVOD ..
    and if you want small, check out the iNano Kit , about the size of a regular cig taped to the side of a small eGo battery, almost has to be seen to be believed.

12. gandymarsh

gandymarsh Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
  13. Chickensalad

Chickensalad Full Member

Jul 3, 2016
    They are expensive compared to the volt. Question is whether or not they're actually 4.2 volts, I've read that most companies claim 4.2 volt but it actually drops off with charge level.

Right now I have my eye on the Volt spinner variable voltage battery, slightly larger than the basic volt, but with variable voltage. Comes in automatic too, only tough call is whether or not the automatic will function well with a tank.

14. stalkster

stalkster Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2015
    FL
    cig-a-like = mouth to lung. search tanks that are mouth to lung.
    Mods wont really matter. since you'll aim @10-25watt range.
    Cig-a-like=high nic and low vg to pg ratio ie 50/50 or 70pg/30vg.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gandymarsh

gandymarsh Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    Indoorsmokers (Chris) claims they are constant voltage. They are expensive though. The ones I linked to aren't automatic but they do offer some that are.

Edit; They do have an automatic version.

16. stalkster

Feb 10, 2015
    FL
    Yes normally cheap all in one boxs will yield starting 4.2volts and ends/battery dies/need charging at 3.5volts.
    Mouth to lung we can determine using Battery drain 1.4ohms full 4.2volts battery= 12.6watts / dead = 3.5volts/ = 8.75 watts

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chickensalad

Chickensalad Full Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Thanks for all the info! Funny you have a nicoticket banner since I'm ordering all my juice from them, gotta have that 50/50 compatibility for custards last stand :)

Since I'm budgeting my total purchase at 100$ I have enough to buy a variable voltage manual battery AND 2 cig-like automatics with 5 cartos and 5 tanks, plus a good collection of nicoticket juice thanks to their BOGO deal. Now I'll have something for home and on the go.

I was just going to go ahead and use the Volt branded tanks since they're only 3 bucks a pop, unless there's a more economical solution. ecig.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. stalkster

Feb 10, 2015
    FL
    There's nothing wrong with that assuming that's your preferred vape. I also love my bakery/custard vapes 90% of the time.

19. retired1

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    You may want to check out Discount Vapers.

Their variable voltage eGo batteries are cheaper, and they're also running a sale.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chickensalad

Chickensalad Full Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Sorry for the double post
    Thanks for the tip, I'm looking at ordering an eleaf ijust d14 with an aspire k1 glassomizer for my variable voltage shenanigans. Comes out to about as much as just the volt vv battery was, and thats with 5 extra coils :p

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.