Best cig a like... Size and shape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, So I tried Blu.... and while it made me feel like smoking may no longer be for me, due to odor, cost, whatever... It doesn't hit like a ciggarette. While I am dumping the analogs, and moving into vaping, I still want the tactile sensation along with the nicotine. Pack per day plus smoker... those little prefilled carts, do NOT two packs of smokes make. The shize and shape is most what I am after, I could care less aboutan LED light at the end...
Suggestions? Ideas? Open to them all. I am a Newport 100's smoker, so the taste is important to me too. Combo tobacco + menthol. Fun flavors are good for non regular use, but to make the full switch, I need something that I can vape regularly. I am willing to try something other than a cartomizer, but I don;t want a ton of effort to have to be put in either. Help please!!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Well, while I do not dislike cig a likes- I have a V2 set up and for what it is its OK. I just did not find them to be capable of enough battery charge or vapor production to cut it. I moved up to a small ego with an evod from the cig a like and haven't smoked since - but now I am a crazy person who thinks every device I do not have is a "pretty shiny" that I MUST buy :p

If you are set on sticking with a cig a like - the V2 was the best out of what I personally tried- however many here like and use them with success and I am sure will be along soon with fabulous advice :)

Welcome and good luck on your journey to being free of stinkies!!

Jsucool76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Boca Raton, FL
Depending on where you live there might be a bunch of brick and mortar stores you didn't even know about. You can go there and try different juices, and buy blank cartos and refill them with a juice that both tastes good and has a good throat hit for you.

It is SUPER easy to fill a cartomizer, and it is WAY cheaper than buying prefilled ones.

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Try Greensmoke. I also started on the Blu and they did the same for me as you. Showed the possibilities. Greensmoke has a deal for switching. Email them a pic of you with your Blu and they will send you a trial kit for free. Two carts, a battery and charger. Email at cs@greensmoke.com. You can specify reg tobacco or menthol. I have since moved on to MVP but they were a better transition. They are a little bigger than the blu but worked pretty well.

Strongbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Corona, California, United States
I used the NICMAXX rechargeable product to quit initially. I smoked for over 20 years and tried to quit a number of times. This rechargeable ecig was a bit costly because you have to buy their prefilled cartridges. However, these taste good and I found the throat hit MUCH MUCH better than the Blu. I got mine at a local store called "Tobacco Buzz" For $20 you get a battery, usb charger, and a couple prefilled cartridges. You can refill the cartridges a couple times if you are crafty, but I actually liked the flavor that these had.

Now mind you.... this was the "gateway" to vaping for me. I quickly moved up to Egos, then provari, now I'm a mech mod guy. But the NicMaxx was the device that helped me through the first couple weeks of dramatic cravings.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
So it sounds like you want to stick with the KR808s. Although I seldom use them anymore, I still really like my KR808 batteries from V4L. They are a little pricey but they last a long time. I typically go with the Titan batteries, both manual and automatic.

Vapor Titan - E-Cig Batteries | Vapor4Life E-Cigarette

You could try a few of those and some empty Kanger cartos and drip tips. Then just buy some tobacco juices to fill them up with, it's super easy, and you are good to go.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Cig like...
somean.gif
If I had to get one the Volt from Smokelessimage.com

Smokeless Image

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Ok, So I tried Blu.... and while it made me feel like smoking may no longer be for me, due to odor, cost, whatever... It doesn't hit like a ciggarette. While I am dumping the analogs, and moving into vaping, I still want the tactile sensation along with the nicotine. Pack per day plus smoker... those little prefilled carts, do NOT two packs of smokes make. The shize and shape is most what I am after, I could care less aboutan LED light at the end...
Suggestions? Ideas? Open to them all. I am a Newport 100's smoker, so the taste is important to me too. Combo tobacco + menthol. Fun flavors are good for non regular use, but to make the full switch, I need something that I can vape regularly. I am willing to try something other than a cartomizer, but I don;t want a ton of effort to have to be put in either. Help please!!

Hello SerenityTurmoil,

I hate to say it, but I lived it, and time and time again I read it. People don't want
to let go of that "cig style" feel --"hey cool, like smoking, but it's not"...

Then the big let down comes (maybe a week, maybe a month) and it no longer is getting it done.
It's mostly due to battery power. It doesn't have to be the size of a soda can, but
something moderate that's dependable & simple that will keep you vaping and satisfied instead of fooling with it.

:2c: like I said, just my thoughts --get a quality starter kit and work from there ... :)

- KangerTech EVOD BCC Starter Kit - MyFreedomSmokes.com
- RY4 VG E-Liquid - My Freedom Smokes

good luck Happy Vaping :)

Boston Vapah

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Boston, MA, USA
I smoked Marlboro "Reds", 1 pack a day (2 while having a few pops). I got Halo's G6 starter kit with a bottle of tobacco flavored e-juice (24mg nic) and so far, it's serving me very well. I may be one of the lucky ones in that I don't even think of smoking tobacco. It's as if I never made the switch (no cravings and so on).

I can't speak to menthol flavors as I wasn't into it but can only share my "switching" experience so far and I haven't skipped a beat.

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
The Halo G6 was good enough to get me off cigarettes but something was missing. So I went to a pen-style (Kanger E-Smart) - much better, but changing the batteries every couple of hours does get old after a while. Earlier this month, I made my first foray into eGo format with an EVOD kit and I've even been enjoying a rebuildable dripping atomizer at home. This is a pretty typical progression. Many move on to "mods" from this point but many others are content to stay with eGos.

So, for cigalikes, I'd say the G6 is good and I've heard lots of good things about the E-Roll. But if you're willing to consider something that's even just a little bit bigger than a cigarette (like the pen-style kit I mentioned) you'll get better performance. Get something a little bigger than that and it's better still. But I realize that it can take some time to reach the point of being willing to try that.

Hey, After 45 years of smoking I tried to quit using E-cigs. tried several before I found the NJOY models. They have a soft filter like a cigarette should and it felt a like a real cigarette. I am a menthol smoker and I found that the "King" disposable model comes in two strengths: Reg-3.0% nicotine and Bold-4.5% nicotine. I've been off cigarettes for 4 months and don't have any urge to go back. I just started vaping and I'm loving it. PS you can get the NJOY Kings at Sam's Club for $5.86 where most tobacco shops want $7.99. Good luck!

Hello SerenityTurmoil,

I hate to say it, but I lived it, and time and time again I read it. People don't want
to let go of that "cig style" feel --"hey cool, like smoking, but it's not"...

Then the big let down comes (maybe a week, maybe a month) and it no longer is getting it done.
It's mostly due to battery power. It doesn't have to be the size of a soda can, but
something moderate that's dependable & simple that will keep you vaping and satisfied instead of fooling with it.

:2c: like I said, just my thoughts --get a quality starter kit and work from there ... :)

- KangerTech EVOD BCC Starter Kit - MyFreedomSmokes.com
- RY4 VG E-Liquid - My Freedom Smokes

good luck Happy Vaping :)

I actually looked at this set-up.... It just felt a little big in the hand. I know I may be buying something for short term use. I am ok with that, as long as it is not really costly. The way I look at it, if it gets me off the regular cigs, for the cost of one carton... I did good. I really appreciate the honest input. I am REALLY green with this, so some of the kits look very intimidating.
:)

I sure will! Personally, this forum is a wealth of info and a great place to sort out fact from fiction. I figure after work I'll poke at the net for some of the kits and compare. Even if I felt like the b&m store was a little pushy, if I'm better educated on what I'd like to leave with, I'm sure I'll fare well.
I'm excited to switch over totally to vaping!

kaiser74

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
new milford ct usa
I'm another guy that wanted a cig a like but was never satisfied.

That said I did stick with them long enough to find this wonderful site. Now I use egos with mini protanks and I'm very happy and satisfied.

I think once you start holding a cig a like like a pen/flute and not a cig it's time to step up, that's how it was for me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread