Status
Not open for further replies.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Hey all, I know we were having a discussion once upon a time in a thread I don't remember about having to clean our car windows often because of the vape residue that gets on them. I just want to know, what do you all think the best cleaner is for that?

Windex is working for me but not well, I have to do the windshield 2-3 times to get it looking close to clean. Looking for something better than can hopefully cut through the residue.

Reactions: dcdozer

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Generic store brand windex works fine for me. But I think I read a thread a while ago here where a trucker claimed Windex didn't do the trick. Have a feeling that maybe high VG might be might be harder to clean off widows. Just a guess.

If Windex doesn't work for you, maybe dump some blue windshield washer fluid on a rag and see how that goes?

Once you get it cleaned, try an application of Rain-X Anti-Fog (not the regular rain-X used to repel water that you use on the outside of the windshield) to see if that helps to keep them clean longer.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2017
    Charlottesville, Virginia

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Have a feeling that maybe high VG might be might be harder to clean off widows. Just a guess.

Well it's a good guess. I use max VG and if I remember correctly people with max VG seemed to be having the most problems.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Now... which to try first.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    which to try first.

Well, definitely whatever you have on hand. But it all fails, this should work.

KqijJLL.jpg

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2011
    Rhode Island
    Mr Clean Magic Eraser with water (the new thin sheets work fine or the older sponge looking ones too, then a quick once over with regular window cleaner. I saw a youtube video from a detail shop doing it and they were right, it cuts right through the haze left from vaping.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I bought this

E6963573-ACA9-472F-9617-24E62C5ED7F8.png

I vape 30pg/70vg and while I’m not chucking clouds like I’m making a YouTube video, I do vape pretty hard when I drive.

The wand is perfect, especially for short folks like me. I have the worst time trying to reach the windshield.

I did my old truck’s windows after 5 years of neglect and they were spotless on the first try. My new truck’s windows were filthy when I got it - the first time I drove it at night I could barely see. Cleaned them in a couple minutes, no streaks, no smears.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I badly need my windows done. Im thinking about the full service car wash myself. They wont get them clean?
    Mine does pretty good. But seriously, all the years I smoked, I hated my car smelling like smoke, so I'm very used to cracking the windows. That helps a ton, if you're vigilant about it, and not stuck in traffic, so the car's moving.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    On the off-chance you're near a demolition site or quarry, you can generally ask the yard foreman for a small portion (think 5#) of his lowgrade blasting material. If you tell him what it's for, he'll be sure to oblige you. Park the vehicle in a field, and use the explosives. 100% guaranteed results. Spotless glass. Post video plz. :toast:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread