The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best Cleaner for getting Vape off car windows

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Haktuspit, Feb 28, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Haktuspit

Haktuspit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Hey all, I know we were having a discussion once upon a time in a thread I don't remember about having to clean our car windows often because of the vape residue that gets on them. I just want to know, what do you all think the best cleaner is for that?

Windex is working for me but not well, I have to do the windshield 2-3 times to get it looking close to clean. Looking for something better than can hopefully cut through the residue.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Dish soap cuts it off glass pretty well. Have used sponge with water and dish soap then dried with paper towel. Usually good enough if not you can use windex after to get the rest.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    White vinegar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    Generic store brand windex works fine for me. But I think I read a thread a while ago here where a trucker claimed Windex didn't do the trick. Have a feeling that maybe high VG might be might be harder to clean off widows. Just a guess.

If Windex doesn't work for you, maybe dump some blue windshield washer fluid on a rag and see how that goes?

Once you get it cleaned, try an application of Rain-X Anti-Fog (not the regular rain-X used to repel water that you use on the outside of the windshield) to see if that helps to keep them clean longer.

• Like Like x 2
  5. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Windex (with rubbing alcohol added) or just use straight rubbing alcohol followed by windex (any glass cleaner) I remember that thread and the issue was that it built up on the windows and sunlight/UV made it much worse over time. Just do it mre often to prevent issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. jfcooley

jfcooley I find your lack of faith disturbing... Verified Member ECF Veteran

• Like Like x 2
  7. Haktuspit

Haktuspit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Well it's a good guess. I use max VG and if I remember correctly people with max VG seemed to be having the most problems.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Now... which to try first.

8. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    Well, definitely whatever you have on hand. But it all fails, this should work.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ninfreak

ninfreak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2011
    burkesville, kentucky
    Do not use Windex if you have tint. Bad, bad idea. I use sprayway glass cleaner. Comes in a can. You can get it at Walmart. Takes it right off.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @Haktuspit, I second Isopropyl Alcohol as well. Just try not to spill it on plastics as it doesn't play nice with them.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. jjcordone

jjcordone Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2011
    Rhode Island
    Mr Clean Magic Eraser with water (the new thin sheets work fine or the older sponge looking ones too, then a quick once over with regular window cleaner. I saw a youtube video from a detail shop doing it and they were right, it cuts right through the haze left from vaping.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
  13. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I bought this

E6963573-ACA9-472F-9617-24E62C5ED7F8.png

I vape 30pg/70vg and while I’m not chucking clouds like I’m making a YouTube video, I do vape pretty hard when I drive.

The wand is perfect, especially for short folks like me. I have the worst time trying to reach the windshield.

I did my old truck’s windows after 5 years of neglect and they were spotless on the first try. My new truck’s windows were filthy when I got it - the first time I drove it at night I could barely see. Cleaned them in a couple minutes, no streaks, no smears.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Over the counter = Stoner Invisible Glass cleaner.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I'm lazy, and mtl.
    I crack the windows, and use this:
    upload_2020-2-29_17-46-58.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Stoner? That's not designed to remove blunt residue?:lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. fiddleshe

fiddleshe Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I badly need my windows done. Im thinking about the full service car wash myself. They wont get them clean?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Mine does pretty good. But seriously, all the years I smoked, I hated my car smelling like smoke, so I'm very used to cracking the windows. That helps a ton, if you're vigilant about it, and not stuck in traffic, so the car's moving.

19. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    White vinegar/water with a few drops of Dawn

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    On the off-chance you're near a demolition site or quarry, you can generally ask the yard foreman for a small portion (think 5#) of his lowgrade blasting material. If you tell him what it's for, he'll be sure to oblige you. Park the vehicle in a field, and use the explosives. 100% guaranteed results. Spotless glass. Post video plz. :toast:

• Funny Funny x 2