The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best clearo/tank to use with VAMO V2?

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Evilgrin, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Evilgrin

Evilgrin Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2011
    Orlando
    Recently acquired a VAMO and until now have been using 801 Fusion cartos. They're working pretty nicely, but I figure I can get a step up in flavor as well as saving time on dripping into the carto every 15-20 minutes to keep it wet by switching to a clearo and/or tank set up.

However, I seem to be running into brick walls with almost every clearo set up I research.

Kanger T3 and Pro Tank - very airy draw. I'm not an airy draw guy, I like to draw to my mouth and get some punch when I inhale, so anything that's going to require my blocking air holes is going to be irritating to me. Further, I am reading that the ProTank is messing with the firing pin on some people's VAMOs and causing them not to fire.

VIVI Nova - mutes flavor of juices, cracks when certain juices are used it in (I vape Boba's Bounty, Wyatt Earp, and my brother's DIY Flue Cured pretty much exclusively)

Innokin I6 - leaking issues. I don't want something that's going to leak constantly - I drive an hour plus to/from work every day and can't be dealing with juice leaking in the car.

Are the above concerns legit or have I been misled? Should I simply buy a 3ml tank from Avidvaper that they say works well with the 801 Fusion cartos I already have? Would I need to put holes in the carto to get them to work with a tank (I'm very unfamiliar with how cartos and tanks work together)? What set up would you guys recommend with the VAMO, especially those of you that own one and use clearos and/or clearo tanks?

Lots of questions, I know, any advice is appreciated. Thanks so much...

2. QusieQ

QusieQ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I like the vivi Nova's. while I think all claims are valid, keep in mind what you may like can vary from what another may like. You might find a vivi nova doesn't mute flavor --it doesn't to me.

I use a Vamo v2 also, I don't think I'm am going to invest in a pro tank for ir, for the same reasons you mentioned.

3. Evilgrin

Jan 25, 2011
    Orlando
    Thanks for the info! Have you had any leaking issues with the VIVI Nova? Or any issues with it causing the VAMO not to fire due to depression of the center pin? Also, do you use the Minis or the 3.5ml version (or both)?

4. QusieQ

Nov 22, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    No, I have had no leakage, or firing issues. I am very careful not to over tighten my vivi on my Vamo. Just tighten til it stops to turn. May I suggest trying one vivi, you get three heads and see what u think, then go from there. I also hear that I clear 30's are popular, ck smoktek website. I plan on trying at least one of these in the near future.

5. QusieQ

Nov 22, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I use the bigger vivi.

6. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    I don't like "airy" draws. So I use a 5ml glass tank and a 1.5 ohm dual coil tank cartomizer and vape between 11.0 - 11.5 watts. The tank carto lasts anywhere from 10 - 14 days before I replace it.

7. lynch

lynch Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Lynchburg,Va
  8. Evilgrin

Jan 25, 2011
    Orlando

Thanks for the info, all. I ordered a VIVI Nova and a Kanger ProTank to try them both out. I wanted to try a T2, but the place I was buying from (Avidvaper) was out of them. I buy all my Cisco spec 306 atties from them for my REO Grand and was in the process of getting some more, so I got my clearos from there too in order to avoid separate shipping. I actually looked for an airflow control from them but couldn't find one - you recommend that one from Madvapes? Perhaps I'll look for something else I can buy from them in order not to have to pay $4 to ship a $3 item (it's principle, I'm in the shipping business and landed cost is my raison d'etre.)

9. hrag100

hrag100 Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    California
    Soo how are they on the vamo?

10. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    I don't like the way the ProTank SITS on my Vamo2, but I'm surprised to hear about airy draw with a T3.
    I find the T3 perfect on it. EVOD's are good, and MINIProTanks are good too - but the T3 is probably my favorite.
    I use my ProTanks on my Innokin SVD (which, by happy coincidence is perfect, while it cuts off ALL the air on a T3).

So for me, it all works out: PTanks on SVD and T3's on VAMO...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.