Status
Not open for further replies.

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
I use Koh Gen Do these days, although I was caught without a pad last time I rewicked so I'm back to cotton balls for now. I don't trust the manufacturers of makeup-remover products to consider the safety of inhaling vapours and combustion products but, in the quantities we use, it's safe enough not to be paranoid about. Koh Gen Do is noticeably better at wicking, as Phil Busardo found in his experiments. That's probably something to do with the way the fibres are more coherent than in a cotton ball rather than the lack of processing.

Here in the UK, I have never found any organic or unprocessed cotton balls. Since we're 50 degrees North, all the cotton we get is imported from some dodgy country somewhere, whether that is the USA or Japan. ;)

Reactions: David Wolf

pugterry

Sep 16, 2015
[QTE="coldgin96, post: 16515105, member: 100946"]That is a very good question and one that I can't answer. All I can tell you is what I have read. Do enough research and you will figure it out. The problem is, there is a difference of opinion regarding your question. I don't rebuild but my girlfriend, Jackie, does. She uses Japanese cotton squares that you read a lot about. She gets it from a vaping vendor locally. As far as pharmacy cotton balls, I have read that it as white as it is because they bleach it to get it that white. Some say it is ok to use, some say they boil it first to kill the bleach (not sure how that works) and still others say don't use it at all. The ... stuff Jackie uses is a off white color, almost dirty looking, because it is in it's natural state with no chemicals added. Since you are new to vaping, I don't know if you are familiar with PBusardo and his website: www.tasteyourjuice.com He is one of the major vaping gurus and I know he has a video or two regarding said topic. In fact, his favorite rebuildable is a Kayfun 4 and he uses cotton. Good luck. May you stick with it...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, I am also using Japanese cotton but finding it runs out quickly so was just wondering

Th

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
If you are getting through Japanese cotton quickly, don't buy it from vaping merchants.

Koh Gen Do Organic Cotton 80 sheets for Skin Care: Amazon.co.uk: Beauty

£10.99 for 80 pads, so £0.14 each. If you can't get 5 wicks from each pad, you're doing something wrong. Which makes each wick cost £0.03

One cannot always afford £10 in one drop, but the alternative is much more expensive in the long term:
Koh Gen Do Organic Cotton [VE916-B10] - £2.95 : Vape Escape
5 sheets for £2.95, so £0.59 per pad and £0.12 per wick.

Once you've bought four sets of those, you would have saved money buying the big pack.

tjeco

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Manila, Philippines
I have been through a lot of different cotton to use so far i have gone through standard 100% cotton balls moved to cotton pads and now im giving this VCC cotton so far i am getting a great vape off of it and its looking like i want to invest in more but i dont have enough data anyone else have experience with this cotton?

There are only 3 cotton I use.
1. Fiber Freaks
2. Koh Gen Do
3. Muji

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Im very new to vaping, can you use normal cotton like you buy at a pharmacy?
As long as it's 100% cotton. I've had good success with the Swisspers organic cotton balls at Walgreens. You get a bag of cotton balls that will last you a LONG time for about $3.

Other pharmacies and box stores sell organic cotton balls as well, as long as it's pure, organic cotton, it should be fine.

pugterry

Sep 16, 2015
As long as it's 100% cotton. I've had good success with the Swisspers organic cotton balls at Walgreens. You get a bag of cotton balls that will last you a LONG time for about $3.

Other pharmacies and box stores sell organic cotton balls as well, as long as it's pure, organic cotton, it should be fine.

Thank you so much for the reply, I live in Borneo and it's quite expensive to vape here so just looking for cheaper options. Just tried to mix my own e juice for the first time but it didn't go well.

Reactions: K_Tech

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I have some pads of Muij left...but just bought a big bag of Puff cotton (organic japanese cotton).....I hear it is about the same and well it's only 10 bucks for 200 pads...if I do the math like Rurwin did, that's 1000 wicks for $0,01 each so that's pretty cheap...it will last me a long time, so it better be good ;)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread