Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I've been considering getting a glass tank like a mini protank or a mini unitank. For now the Evods are working pretty well for me. I've been looking at buying an iTaste VTR and some glass tank.

The unitanks are not glass so far;

The miniprotank is practically a glass tank version of the evod; so if your happy with the evod, might as well upgrade to the miniprotank2; the smoktech aro looks the same too. All same heads.

Then there's the aspires tanks; theres the aspire davide and theres the anyvape davide; and innokin is supposed to finally be bringing out a glass tank this year.
The three competing glass tanks so far this year are the kanger aerotank, the aspire nautilaus, and the innokin; these three attempt to take the air intake away from the 510 connector problem.

the miniprotank, and the aro, (like the evod) don't quite have the 510 connector airflow problem because they just use the outer eGo threading on the standard battery interface and not use those inner 510 threads cluttering up the electrical connection.

I hope you try a glass tank for a week and then try a plastic tank and see if you taste the plastic.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
My protank 3 is leaky and the Vivid Nova tastes like wick. I like the Vivid Nova that I stole the Dual Coil wicks from my GF's Totally Wicked tank but the heads take up too much space.

Do you give the vivinova a twirl now and then to wet the wick? It's a topcoil.

Tmartin63

Happy Vaper
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Coldspring, Texas, United States
Daily carry, nemesis in 350 mode with a Russian 91%. Back up? It's twin.....

image.jpg

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
For the best vapor...Kanger evod hands down.

For OK vapor but more capacity...Vision Victory...also uses evod coils....going to try it's smaller brother the Vision V Pure soon.

I have always liked and still use occasionally...Kanger T2...that's all my wife uses.

Recently started trying a unitank...meh.

I only use unflavored liquid, so I really don't have a need for a glass tank.

claybuster

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2012
Connecticut
I have 3 tanks, all Smok Tech. 2-3.5mls (one in the polished aluminum) and one 6ml. Have been using them for well over a year with no problems, no leaks, and don't notice any plastic taste. My cart for these are the Smok Techs pre-punched 1.7 SC one holes. You can get these tanks now for about 4.99 (hoosier). I had paid the regular 8.49 price when I bought them awhile back.

tanks.jpg

jester8706

Jan 3, 2014
Louisiana
I started with a protank mini II. It worked great until I got used to vaping, and grew tired of refilling it so much.

I then moved up to an original Kanger Protank. It worked great, but you couldn't take the originals apart. So, when the top o-ring seal popped out, I was SOL.

I now have two Protank 3's that I use with my lavatube 2.5. I love them! Easy to take apart, clean, fill, and they are dual bottom coil tanks. I've tried plenty of other tanks, but the protanks are definitely my number 1.

Nataani

Moved On
Nov 28, 2013
Chicago, IL
I use my protank 2s constantly. I have a fair few others that just gather dust. I do use the mini protank 2s when I feel the need for some stealth.

My current list of clearos:
Aspire vivi nova BDC
Vision vivi nova
Iclear 30
Protank mini 2 x2
Protank 2 x4
Protank 3
Protank Aero
Hypertank

Note1: I have an IBtanked (which is a carto system) so not quite the same, in the mail. It will be my first carto system, but having read many positive reviews on them I am hopeful.

Note2: ALL of my protank 2s have modified airholes, and I make my own coils.

Edit: I should also note that I have a kayfun lite that I use a fair bit too. But I dont consider it to be a conventional tank, since you cant just buy coils for it.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I use my protank 2s constantly. I have a fair few others that just gather dust. I do use the mini protank 2s when I feel the need for some stealth.

My current list of clearos:
Aspire vivi nova BDC
Vision vivi nova
Iclear 30
Protank mini 2 x2
Protank 2 x4
Protank 3
Protank Aero
Hypertank

Note1: I have an IBtanked (which is a carto system) so not quite the same, in the mail. It will be my first carto system, but having read many positive reviews on them I am hopeful.

Note2: ALL of my protank 2s have modified airholes, and I make my own coils.

Edit: I should also note that I have a kayfun lite that I use a fair bit too. But I dont consider it to be a conventional tank, since you cant just buy coils for it.

try putting the base from the mini onto the protank; add and extra silicone cap inverted on top the atomizer to seal.

You know about all those comments about the Kayfun and the Russian, well they're right. I went the carto, clearomizer route and once I vaped on a kayfun clone, it was game over. Save yourself alot of problems and go with the atty of the year. I'm still using my first coil after 5 weeks. I just rewick with cotton whenever I feel the vape going off. Actually, I probably rewick more often than needed because it's so cheap and easy.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
the Flash-e-Vapor V2 is my favorite best daily use tank, easy to fill, easy to build, provides great flavorful tasting Vape. Holds 5.5 ml, and can handle whatever load you want to throw at it. Love all my tanks, but the Flashi is tank #1.

1577700-1.jpg

Details:

•Dripping atomizer
•Stainless steel 510 drip tip
•Brass 510 center pin and internal posts
•Double o-rings seals on the base
•23mm base diameter
•Height without drip tip: 65mm (Approx.)

Fasttech's description says dripping atomizer, which would be why I hadn't looked more closely before, but your description says it holds 5.5 ml, so it's really a tank ?

And it's a bottom coil also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread