Best DIY coffee e-liquid ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookaddict

Oct 25, 2009
I took half a cup of decaf coffee grounds, one vanilla bean and a cup of PG and let it soak in for 2 days top with plastic wrap and ziplock bag in the fridge. Then i strained out the the pg from the coffee and out came the most realistic coffee e- juice that i have ever tasted!!! I added a few drops of loranns caramel to it and wow.

Reactions: fRanKiebOii
I took half a cup of decaf coffee grounds, one vanilla bean and a cup of PG and let it soak in for 2 days top with plastic wrap and ziplock bag in the fridge. Then i strained out the the pg from the coffee and out came the most realistic coffee e- juice that i have ever tasted!!! I added a few drops of loranns caramel to it and wow.

Thanks Hookaddict,
Sounds like a super idea going to try that Thanks !!!
Think Ill use hazelnut coffee grounds and see what I get LOL.

What did you use to strain the liquid ?

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
You almost have to use cheesecloth considering the viscosity of the PG...I would.

I started a tincture today using a Senseo Dark Roast single cup coffee "teabag"...1 coffee bag wetted with vodka and then drained in 1oz of VG brought to temp (about 15-ish secs in the microwave). Within an hour, the VG was the color of strong coffee. It WILL have to be strained, though, as you can see the solids suspended in the liquid.

I do have a concern or two about vaping this, though, as what's being extracted is basically an oil. Any thoughts?

Sherry

Last edited:

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Cheesecloth is too coarse a weave. You really want something coarser than a coffee filter, but tighter than cheesecloth. PTB would be great, though the size would be a problem. Filtering with a French Press might be good.

Having done similar things many times, I've found that it's way better to filter out the fine stuff first, when the coffee is dry. Then soak. Then filter the grounds/PG mixture. You'll get far less coffee grounds in the final product.

I also wouldn't refrigerate - you're just slowing the infusion process by a significant amount. (Granted, two days isn't that much time to wait. I've done 3-month infusions...)

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
Cheesecloth is too coarse a weave. You really want something coarser than a coffee filter, but tighter than cheesecloth...

Ah, but the good thing about cheesecloth is that you can simply add additional layers until you find the sweet spot...I've used cheesecloth to strain everything from hot homemade syrup to yogurt (for yogurt cheese).

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
You almost have to use cheesecloth considering the viscosity of the PG...I would.

I started a tincture today using a Senseo Dark Roast single cup coffee "teabag"...1 coffee bag wetted with vodka and then drained in 1oz of VG brought to temp (about 15-ish secs in the microwave). Within an hour, the VG was the color of strong coffee. It WILL have to be strained, though, as you can see the solids suspended in the liquid.

I do have a concern or two about vaping this, though, as what's being extracted is basically an oil. Any thoughts?

Sherry

Ummmm....killed a 510 atty DEAD!

just-a-nobody

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Northeastern Minnesota

Wow! That really sounds good., I will have to try it. I don't know exactly where I'll find a vanilla bean, but I do have vanilla extract.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
I actually ran pg through my espresso machine instead of water.
I figured that would be the best way to make a real espresso vape.
Took me about 2 days to get rid of the Pg in the machine after that.
The vape tastes of bitter cofee..so it works.
Not worth the hassle though.
I could have destroyed a perfectly good Rancilio Silvia...
I just had to try...

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
From other infusions I've done, I generally like a long slow process. If I were to do this, I'd get a medium roast whole bean coffee, crush the beans, filter out the smaller pieces when dry, fill a jar with the coarse grounds, then fill the jar with PG or VG. Let sit in a dark place for a week at room temperature. (For VG I'd add 3-4 days.)

I'm going to have to remember to do this sometime this weekend.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Crushing produces larger particles which are easier to filter out. Espresso is ground so fine that it will be a serious pain to filter out. You can try, but I can tell you from experience that you do not want to infuse using espresso-size particles. Larger particles will filter out with a kicthen sieve. You'd need a coffee filter to filter out espresso, and it will take several days to filter PG through that fine a filter. Larger particles require a longer infusion time, but it will filter out in seconds.

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
It seems that it would be safe to heat the pg/vg in the microwave or stove (its heated when we vape) and then get instant coffee and dissolve in that?
Is it safe to heat these up?? I am not sure I will wait for reply.. dont want to blow up kitchen!
Is there that much oil in instant coffee? I wonder if harmful to vape since its chemicaly made to be instant???..hmm but it seems to be simpler than straining been and stuff.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
well here we go
my second batch tonight

1. Mix VG/PG and a little everclear, a little water.
Mixture must not be too thick, or it will not drip past filter.

2. I made a saturated solution of espresso.

3. let it soak for 30 minutes

4. strain it slowly

it tastes like a really strong coffee vape...now i'm gonna play around with cream, burnt sugar, maple , mint...
To see what other tastes i can make ...

This is amazing...but you have to use finely ground real Italian espresso...none of this supermarket grade immitation stuff.:D

espresso.jpg
:D

Reactions: syco26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread