The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best dripping atty for endurance- please advise!

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Altaire Versailles, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Altaire Versailles

Altaire Versailles Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2013
    Detroit MI
    I burned out my 510 atty and Im looking for something easy to use, easy as in I dont want to take apart and rebuild...Just not ready to invest the time or money in that yet, leave that for my next study project. What do you guys recommend for a dripping atty? One that doesnt need to be rebuilt, doesnt cost more than 20-25 bux and will at least last 2 or 3 months of part time use. This 510 burnt out after like a month, I dont know if thats normal or I cranked it up too high too much, but. Yeah. Suggestions?

2. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm actually not sure how long attys are supposed to last, since they are considered disposable. I mostly use 306s with a Cannon drip tip, but I also use 510s. I buy in bulk when I find them on sale.

3. AgentAnia

AgentAnia Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

May 22, 2013
    Orbiting Sirius B
    Noob question: what battery do you need for the 306's? I want to try dripping and the 306's look easy to use, but not sure about which battery they take...?

4. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    I'll agree with The Ocelot on the fact that attys are a consumable. A few weeks is pretty good for most.

That said: I haven't had an hh.357 go less than 6 months yet.

5. The Ocelot

306 attys have 510 threading. They have a slimmer body and need a different sized drip tip. The term "306" refers to the Joyetech cig-a-like kit they originally came with.

6. MsComptrtchr

MsComptrtchr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

How long does one of those last you (on average?)

7. The Ocelot

Those look very nice, but aren't in my budget.

8. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    Yup. the price tag is off-putting. But, luckily the OP indicated a willingness to pay exactly that price ;)

9. The Ocelot

It's hard to say. I don't drip everyday, and then when I do I don't use the same ones. I have some almost a year old, but don't clean them often. I mostly just blow them out. If they get gunky I soak them in hot water. I don't store them dry and I don't dry burn. Everyone has their own way of doing things, this is just mine. Too much of a hassle and they go buh-bye. The trashcan is my friend.

10. AgentAnia

AgentAnia Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

May 22, 2013
    Orbiting Sirius B
    Fantastic! I have an eGo-C battery and was hoping I wouldn't have to buy yet another batt with different threading.

Thanks, Ocelot!

11. The Ocelot

But that's just for one - I like better odds.;) I'd rather buy 3 for $7.00 each, than 1 for $21.00. I expect failure and am happy when it doesn't happen. Does that make me a pessimistic optimist or an optimistic pessimist?

12. DJ RyckRak

DJ RyckRak Ultra Member ECF Veteran

The JoyeTech ones are like $ 8.00 at MVS and are a good atty.
    The Vapage Hybird attys are $ 18.00 for two and are also excellent.

But, if you put too much power to any atty...
    Or don't keep it wet...it will pop !

13. The Ocelot

I learned to drip with a 306 and a standard 650mAh Joyetech eGo - worked great!

14. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Assorted PV Topics - Atomizers

15. MsComptrtchr

MsComptrtchr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Wait wait wait - I thought I read NOT to store a dripping atty DRY?

16. Altaire Versailles

Mar 17, 2013
    Detroit MI
    I keep hearing good things about the 357, Im gonna grab one...is it just a 510 atty that lasts longer?

17. Altaire Versailles

Mar 17, 2013
    Detroit MI
    I think thats what happened to mine. I came home and my ex didnt know anything about vaping and I found her still vaping on a dry atty I left a some gandalf in the night before...she didnt try to refill it because she didnt want to ruin it, ironically. So she had been vaping on it all day without dripping in it again, why, I dont know because when I got there it wasnt even producing any vapor :/ smh

18. Altaire Versailles

Mar 17, 2013
    Detroit MI
    he means it will pop if your vaping it with a dry wick

19. Altaire Versailles

Mar 17, 2013
    Detroit MI
    whats the advantage of a 306? are they just cheaper?

20. Altaire Versailles

Mar 17, 2013
    Detroit MI
    nice...love when my thread gets thrown away in a random forum where nobody will ever see it again :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.