Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
  • Spring loaded 510 connector
  • 3 stage shifter LED control up: voltage output, middle device is off , bottom: battery life
  • 0.2-5.0 ohm Resistance
  • Twist style potentiometer - for increasing and decreasing operating voltage
  • Voltage range is 3.3V - 6.1V
  • Top style fire button
  • 3 digit LED display - voltage & battery status
  • Magnetic battery cover
  • 2 18650 batteries 30amp or higher. (flat top batteries are recommended)
  • Batteries are series not parallel
  • LE80 will detect battery direction and will not operate if inserted incorrectly

Hmmm, in the write-up it says, "screams street cred". Why do they say that? I'm not competing, I want quality that gives a good vape and lasts a long time. It is only $67, though. The controls are not similar to others so hard to get a "history" of quality. Fire button is small. Batteries are in series which is not good, for me, anyway. The chip...??? I prefer an Evolve or Yihi chip. I would put my $67 and add $10 for the IPV4.

Just me. Maybe someone who has one will add to the thread. I put a lot of value in experiences.

I do have to say that I haven't found many other than custom "boxes". I decided on an IPV, in part because it had some physical style, not just a simple box.

Last edited:

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
There is a box mod in the works that is coming out of Italy within the next 9 months. I saw a pic of the prototype. It looks more like a box mod and android phone spawn. I've started a little savings jar for this and whatever else comes along as my understanding is there are several companies that will be releasing gear just before the holidays. 5 or so of these outfits are new to vaping so some of it may look cool and bomb but expectations are high. If I can find the pic, I'll be back to edit it in.

Reactions: Frenchfry1942

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
Hmmm, in the write-up it says, "screams street cred". Why do they say that? I'm not competing, I want quality that gives a good vape and lasts a long time. It is only $67, though. The controls are not similar to others so hard to get a "history" of quality. Fire button is small. Batteries are in series which is not good, for me, anyway. The chip...??? I prefer an Evolve or Yihi chip. I would put my $67 and add $10 for the IPV4.

Just me. Maybe someone who has one will add to the thread. I put a lot of value in experiences.

I do have to say that I haven't found many other than custom "boxes". I decided on an IPV, in part because it had some physical style, not just a simple box.

It appears to be based on the HexOhm box -- which I've found to be awesome and reliable. The Hex uses a very simple "buck" style voltage regulator chip with a smooth output signal and is thus also very efficient with battery draw and power. In a world of fancy little VW boxes, the Hexes and Raptors may come off a bit OldSchoolish. But that's its charm for me: No muss. No fuss. I ordered one just to see, and if it doesn't perform, i should be able to swap in a real OKR or Raptor chip without too much hassle.

Reactions: gpjoe

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
It appears to be based on the HexOhm box -- which I've found to be awesome and reliable. The Hex uses a very simple "buck" style voltage regulator chip with a smooth output signal and is thus also very efficient with battery draw and power. In a world of fancy little VW boxes, the Hexes and Raptors may come off a bit OldSchoolish. But that's its charm for me: No muss. No fuss. I ordered one just to see, and if it doesn't perform, i should be able to swap in a real OKR or Raptor chip without too much hassle.

Yep, bought a used Hexohm V2 and love it so I ordered a second. I'm not sure they are the best value and probably over priced, but lifetime warranty and they absolutely work. My second should be here this week - it's being called the "V2.1" and has some minor improvements over the V2 - 3D printed battery sled, improved potentiometer (??), so we'll see. Still the Hexohm is my go-to right now for dripping at home so not worried about size though they aren't huge. The Ranger is also nice, and has more features than the Hexohm (volt meter and on-off switches) but seem near impossible to get. I saw one here not too long ago and should have jumped on it.

To the OP - most of the dual battery boxes I've seen are on the large side. I currently have a Sigelei 100+ and it is large-ish but I never take it with me. For that I grab an iStick or single battery mod. Not sure of the size but that Hana V4d might be smaller, though it's only 40 watts and may be over budget.

Last edited:

n0ve

Jul 4, 2012
Middletown, NY
Le80 by Lotus is my choice. I love mine. Absolutely feels great, good build quality, simple yet some protection. I consider it a semi mech mod lol. Even as low as 3.8 volts it CHUCKS hard on my royal hunter at .35. The live battery voltage is nice, locks unlike some boxes, at max voltage for any rda or tank I've tried it rips harder than any mod I've tried. Sometimes way too hot. And it's cheap. My rant is done.
9fa6feb6e5245e13c19dd16e8dc094ef.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread