Best e-cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricD

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2008
chicago, IL
That's awesome that you haven't smoked in a couple of days. :D I don't know which e-cigar to recommend, but its always encouraging to hear someone having some success with e-smoking. There's plenty of reviews for e-cigars and e-cigarettes that should help you make a choice. I'm waiting for my semi-auto e-cigar from dealextreme and will be posting a review when i get it here in a couple of days. Good luck with your search.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Most folks only have one brand, so comparisons are impossible. I have the automatic cigar from DealExtreme and it's been flawless for more than two months now. It's my favorite e-smoke, far better than a mini cig, and even better than my e-pipe. I don't see a twit of difference among those being marketed. They appear to be off the same assembly line. I'll shop price until Consumer Reports gives me an all-brands test and declares one heads-and-shoulders above all others. DealExtreme was dirt cheap compared to others like Ruyan. Free shipping, too.

Meltrex

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2008
Arizona USA
www.MyEcig.com
I received an E-cigar from one of my sample orders, my very first one to try. How should this device work compared to penstyle or mini ecigs? Do you have to puff puff puff puff to get vapor? Or the normal slow consistent lengthy puff to build up vapor? Trying to figure out if my e-cigar is working corectly. I have to puff the heck out of it to get decent vapor... just from the puffing alone gives me a headrush.... and sore jaw and neck muscles I didn't know I had....

Starting to wonder if maybe the e-liquid isn't getting to the atomizer like its suppose to. Maybe I'll try e-dripping and see what happens.. Thanks.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Understand. Every device I've tried produces only little wisps of vapor... until I dripped on the e-cigar vaporizer. That made a world of difference and the amount lasts a pretty long time. As you and I noted before, I virtually killed the Health mini cig by dripping on the atomizer. It's useless now. The e-pipe is not bad, but hard to drip for some reason. It doesn't respond well. Its vapor is okay, but just barely. Try dripping into the e-cigar.

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hi Meltrex...
WARNING.. Once you try dripping you'll never go back :) I tried it for the first time about a month ago and the hit and volume of vapor was so much stronger that I can't stand using cartridges again. I've been working ever since to develope a good dripping cartridge to make life easier.

Mark

Meltrex said:
I received an E-cigar from one of my sample orders, my very first one to try. How should this device work compared to penstyle or mini ecigs? Do you have to puff puff puff puff to get vapor? Or the normal slow consistent lengthy puff to build up vapor? Trying to figure out if my e-cigar is working corectly. I have to puff the heck out of it to get decent vapor... just from the puffing alone gives me a headrush.... and sore jaw and neck muscles I didn't know I had....

Starting to wonder if maybe the e-liquid isn't getting to the atomizer like its suppose to. Maybe I'll try e-dripping and see what happens.. Thanks.

Meltrex

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2008
Arizona USA
www.MyEcig.com
markab said:
Hi Meltrex...
WARNING.. Once you try dripping you'll never go back :) I tried it for the first time about a month ago and the hit and volume of vapor was so much stronger that I can't stand using cartridges again. I've been working ever since to develope a good dripping cartridge to make life easier.

Mark

You said it Mark. lol Not sure if I can go back to cartridges (least with the e-cigar) I even took my e-cigar and a bottle of e-liquid to work with me today. Last night I e-dripped for the first time while on a live webcam chat with one of our members here in ECF. Greatest hit and amount of vapor i've experienced yet. If you get a way to make a drip cartridge, please be sure to share.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
It only came with two. I immediately ordered blank cartridges and e-Liquid from E-Cig. The carts are dirt cheap. They simply snap into the mouthpiece of the e-cigar. You can fill the empty ones using the bottle to drip into the cartridge or you can buy an "injector" for 99 cents from E-Cig. Mostly, I drip them full and use the injector for my larger e-pipe cartridges.

Hope it works out well for you. As I type, my e-cigar hangs in a lanyard around my neck (order that from E-Cig, too; dirt cheap).

Probably the best e-Liquid flavor for any smoker is "flue-cured tobacco."

EricD

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2008
chicago, IL
So, i finally got my semi-auto e-cigar from dealextreme on monday. I was pretty impressed with the device at first. Lots of vapor, the button worked fine, came with 8 high density cartridges, and everything seemed to work well. The cartridges smelled like glue at first, but when i tried one.. a few puff in... i realized it tastes just like an ultra light marlboro. I can use some better cartridges from e-cig... 24mg would probably be best. The problem came later. I went to charge the batteries and after 8 hours of charging, i only got 20-30 minutes of battery life. This was the case with both batteries. Apparently, the charger they ship has a bad habit of being defective. I'm currently awaiting a replacement charger from dealextreme. I just replied to their e-mail asking whether both batteries worked or if it seemed like it was the charger. I hope to get a new one within the next couple of weeks. But, with that said, i must say I am very impressed. For the time i get to spend with my new friend, given the battery life due to my charger, I am a pretty happy camper. Even without dripping i get lots of smoke with the button feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread