The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best eGo-style kit as x-mas Gift?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by BigSteamyOnes, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BigSteamyOnes

BigSteamyOnes Full Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Brooklyn
    Normally I give the wives of my friends the same gift every year: lingerie. But this year, for one friend in particular, I'm going change things up a bit. My best friend's wife is a smoker and has been off and on the wagon over the years so I'm thinking of getting her an ego-style kit. What's the consensus on 'em. Any I should avoid like the plague? How about that kGo kit. Is it still highly regarded? I want her first foray into vaping to be as pain-free and user-friendly as possible. I realize I'll prolly have to get some cartos seperately and will send her some good e-juice as well but the kits have me flummoxed. I went from Bloogs straight to mech mods so I don't know squat about eGos.

Also, are thongs still in this year? Just thinking about my other friends wives as well.

2. Schmoggs

Schmoggs Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 30, 2012
    Kentuckiana
    Just got KGO 1100mah kit from hoosier ecig supply yesterday. So fa I really like the batteries as far as performance goes. $40 something for two batteries, usb charger, and two clearos. Havn't tried his juices yet but I've heard good things. Comes in a nice box for wrapping too.

3. bigdaddybrink1

bigdaddybrink1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    North Texas ya'll
  4. bnperry1

bnperry1 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    windsor vermont
    Off topic but, Bigdaddybrink1's Avatar wil be giving me nightmares tonight,,,

5. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    lol. Yep, I'm just glad it's looking over toward you and not at me! :vapor:

6. daddytwigs

daddytwigs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2012
    New Hampshire
  7. BrokenLung

BrokenLung Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    TN
  8. Salt&PePPer

Salt&PePPer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Bakersfield
  9. exodus454

exodus454 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2011
    Western Connecticut
    I'd personally go for a twist starter kit. Pretty sure I've seen them before.

Almost no reason to buy standard egos anymore these days.

10. BrokenLung

Dec 2, 2012
    TN
    For people who aren't browsing these forums, aka the average joe, the twist just presents the opportunity for burning and other funkyness IMHO.

For gifts I don't see how the Katana can be beat, cheap, standard battery, clearomizer, and charger. All you need to get started other than juice.

11. Salt&PePPer

Salt&PePPer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Bakersfield
    One thing I do advocate is the K.I.S.S. methodology! In that the simpler it is to use then the easier it is to get to convert an analog user!

What would be considered the easier Clearos to use? There are a few clearomizers out there that I think are somewhat 'more' difficult to use so I wouldn't suggest them to new-comer. Especially with some types of juices which can be a little difficult to vape. They're out there, it happens.

12. BrokenLung

Dec 2, 2012
    TN
    For ease of use, I don't see how a long-wicked "Mop Head" style CE4/5/Stardust clearo can be beat. One like This

13. BigSteamyOnes

BigSteamyOnes Full Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Brooklyn
    Thanks guys and to S&P for the link. I'll have this gal macro photographing custom PVs in front of bonsai trees on glass coffee tables before the the end of 2013.

14. mariahpoo

mariahpoo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Oroville
  15. bigdaddybrink1

bigdaddybrink1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    North Texas ya'll
    :offtopic:

meh, i think the lil'birdy is cute.......lol!! I kno it's not really a total 'vape-ified' avatar, but it looked so dang cool i had to use it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.