Best flavor build for Velocity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

addamvaper

Jun 16, 2015
Hi all,

I am the proud and very happy new owner of the awesome Velocity which i feel was worth every penny!

I currently have some 24g Kanthal, as a dual macro coil, with a resistance of .29 ohm and it's awesome, BUT

I am less interested in cloud chasing and more interested in getting the best and deepest flavor from my juice.

Looking for recommendations as to the best flavor build i can do on the Velocity. I have most grades of Kanthal and really want some dense and tasty silver clouds, if possible.

I got the velocity on an evic mini 60w

Any advice is most appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

addamvaper

Jun 16, 2015
Try making the same build, using 27 or 28 awg twisted or parallel wire. Result will be close in Heatflux with a faster ramp. But the nooks and crannies may give a bit more flavor.

Does MACRO mean larger ID or spaced coil to you? If macro means spaced, try contact, if it refers to the coil ID try different.
Got it. Many thanks

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Thanks for your response. So how many wraps
On a dual coil would you advise for max
Flavor?

What is the mod? Answers will be very different for a MECH vs a 200watt regulated mod. The answer would be worlds different for a 1 battery Mech vs a multi battery mech. IMO the atty is a minor part of your question. You might find better flavor with 1 coil vs 2 or even going to a quad build, might be the answer. But without an idea of available power it's hard to decide.

addamvaper

Jun 16, 2015
What is the MOD? Answers will be very different for a MECH vs a 200watt regulated mod. The answer would be worlds different for a 1 battery Mech vs a multi battery mech. IMO the atty is a minor part of your question. You might find better flavor with 1 coil vs 2 or even going to a quad build, might be the answer. But without an idea of available power it's hard to decide.
Evic mini 60w

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I prefer single coil builds....
Try twisting 3x28awg wire together wrapping a single coil 7 wraps on 2.5 for about a .5ohm coil. start vaping at about 30watts and increase or decrease power to taste. If you insist on dual coil use 31 or 32awg at 5-6wraps.

You have 60watts to play with..
Have you tried modeling builds with a calculator like Steam-engine.org.. You might also pickup some TC wire and try that.

Reactions: addamvaper

addamvaper

Jun 16, 2015
I prefer single coil builds....
Try twisting 3x28awg wire together wrapping a single coil 7 wraps on 2.5 for about a .5ohm coil. start vaping at about 30watts and increase or decrease power to taste. If you insist on dual coil use 31 or 32awg at 5-6wraps.

You have 60watts to play with..
Have you tried modeling builds with a calculator like Steam-engine.org.. You might also pickup some TC wire and try that.
Awesome advice thank you very much. Yea I use steam engine and your suggestion is worth a try. Gonna go twine some 28 awg now :)

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Actually, with new firmware, he has 75W. :)

Even better means he can wind a big coil and make big flavor. Just have to remember that big wires at low ohms and high wattage is not the ONLY way to make a big coil. By big I mean lots of surface area, not just physical size.

• Love
Reactions: JessQuits

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Try dual claptons. I don't know what build would get you to around .1 or .2 resistance, but consider using NiChrome80 for the outter wire. Try steam engine if you want an proximate wrap count. The issue will flavor off a velocity is you need power/heavy wire to make up for all the space in the atomizer that dilutes flavor and density.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread