Status
Not open for further replies.

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
It seems you like the Low Profile version of the Reos. I would suggest getting the Grand because it has a larger battery and more juice capacity. The Mini is a fine Mod too it's just limited by it's size, this could be important if you have small hands. Finding a Woodvil is a little difficult when they are not being made. I'm not sure of the number made last sale but they were gone in a day and a half. The classies have one show up every 2 weeks or so and are gone within minutes. You could get lucky, most times not so much. The Reo is a mechanical mod and you need to keep an eye on your battery voltage. You will want to change batteries when the voltage gets down to 3.8 or so. They wont just stop working like a regulated device and not letting them drop too low is the key to long battery life. Many of us use the batteries for a full day on a grand and a bottle full on a Mini as always it depends on your vaping style. There are many helpful hints available on this site from many Reonauts. If you have any questions just ask we love helping new people find their perfect vape. I'm sure you'll find every question you ask will be answered and no one will give you a hard time while you're new to this. Once we know you have it down you'll be fair game for good natured ribbing. Your gonna love this place as much as your new Reo.

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
Ok..I decided on this~
2 Kanthal A1 resistance wire 28 gauge 3 ft Kanthal A1 resistance wire 28 gauge 3 ft $1.25 $2.50
2 Bottles 3ml Bottles 3ml $0.65 $1.30
2 o ring bottom fed rba 1mm X 10mm o ring bottom fed rba 1mm X 10mm $0.25 $0.50
1 LP mini 2.1 black wrinkle copper vein LP mini 2.1 black wrinkle copper vein $156.00 $156.00
1 low profile reomizer works with lp mods only low profile Reomizer works with lp mods only $43.00 $43.00

Thanks for all the welcomes and info. I am busy feeding critters, so will be back to read and address any questions in a bit.
{my hubby is going to kill me..I might have to hide it!!:laugh:}

Alamedean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Alameda, CA
Ok..I decided on this~
2 Kanthal A1 resistance wire 28 gauge 3 ft Kanthal A1 resistance wire 28 gauge 3 ft $1.25 $2.50
2 Bottles 3ml Bottles 3ml $0.65 $1.30
2 o ring bottom fed rba 1mm X 10mm o ring bottom fed rba 1mm X 10mm $0.25 $0.50
1 LP mini 2.1 black wrinkle copper vein LP mini 2.1 black wrinkle copper vein $156.00 $156.00
1 low profile reomizer works with lp mods only low profile Reomizer works with lp mods only $43.00 $43.00

Thanks for all the welcomes and info. I am busy feeding critters, so will be back to read and address any questions in a bit.
{my hubby is going to kill me..I might have to hide it!!:laugh:}

Just let the hubby know that this is an investment for a long future for the two of you.

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
I would get one each of the 1mm x 10mm and 1.5mm x 10mm. These are used to align the air hole to the best place (pointing up when you vape) a couple of RM2 screws would be a very good idea. Go with one 3 foot piece of wire, you'll find ordering from Temco to be much cheaper. Or you can get other gauges of wire in three foot sections and decide which you like best. A replacement spring is a very good idea too. If you have one you'll never need it, if you don't have one ..... well you know and you don't want to be Reoless and have to wait on a spring to be shipped not to mention the added shipping cost.

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
You might add a couple of extra screws for the atty. They are tiny and try to escape when you are building. If you have them, hunting down one that has escaped is not a panic stricken mad scramble, call out the National Guard, event.

eta Brass is for pretty doesn't change the flavor :) very minimal upkeep just a quick polish as needed
Hi and thanks for the info:) Ok..too late for that, but I don't see this as a huge problem with as often as I order stuff I am sure I can get some or maybe even my B&M might carry them?

Yes for aesthetics and no taste difference.

BTW, have you got some wicking material, i.e.: silica, cotton etc?

Welcome to the world of Reos. Keep us informed. We love to live vicariously.
Thank you.:) I have cotton on the way, an organic kind that was suggested here.

It seems you like the Low Profile version of the Reos. I would suggest getting the Grand because it has a larger battery and more Juice capacity. The Mini is a fine Mod too it's just limited by it's size, this could be important if you have small hands. Finding a Woodvil is a little difficult when they are not being made. I'm not sure of the number made last sale but they were gone in a day and a half. The classies have one show up every 2 weeks or so and are gone within minutes. You could get lucky, most times not so much. The Reo is a mechanical mod and you need to keep an eye on your battery voltage. You will want to change batteries when the voltage gets down to 3.8 or so. They wont just stop working like a regulated device and not letting them drop too low is the key to long battery life. Many of us use the batteries for a full day on a grand and a bottle full on a Mini as always it depends on your vaping style. There are many helpful hints available on this site from many Reonauts. If you have any questions just ask we love helping new people find their perfect vape. I'm sure you'll find every question you ask will be answered and no one will give you a hard time while you're new to this. Once we know you have it down you'll be fair game for good natured ribbing. Your gonna love this place as much as your new Reo.
Thanks for all the great info.
Well too late for the grand. I seem to tend towards mini things for some reason. But I will be ok. I have my mvp, and my baby dragon that I still love. I even like my little vv 3 for the road. I use all three. Guess I have a lot of reading, video watching, and researching..and.. practice ahead of me.:) I can just be cautious about how long I am using the battery, and I can always pop it in and check it on the tester or my provari for that matter.
Just let the hubby know that this is an investment for a long future for the two of you.
Thank you.:) He just doesn't want me blowing my face off. I think he likes it the way it is.:laugh:

Last edited:

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
I would get one each of the 1mm x 10mm and 1.5mm x 10mm. These are used to align the air hole to the best place (pointing up when you vape) a couple of RM2 screws would be a very good idea. Go with one 3 foot piece of wire, you'll find ordering from Temco to be much cheaper. Or you can get other gauges of wire in three foot sections and decide which you like best. A replacement spring is a very good idea too. If you have one you'll never need it, if you don't have one ..... well you know and you don't want to be Reoless and have to wait on a spring to be shipped not to mention the added shipping cost.
Drats..guess I need to make another order then...:?:

resqx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Philadelphia
Well what I truly want is a woodvil...but I have been told when they go up they are gone, like forget about trying to get one. Unless you are super lucky. I tried to get one yesterday, but got knocked out of the running. Should I just be patient?:unsure:

i got lucky in the classifieds...you never know :)

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
Drats..guess I need to make another order then...:?:

Not really just wait until you order your next Reo. What usually happens is you get a Reo and find out how great the vape is and sell off all of your other mods so you can get another Reo because you need a backup. I gave all of my other mods away. The Mini will take 18490 batteries the grand takes 18650. Be sure you have the right ones.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Just a couple of links to help out, clarify the "mystery", etc. (Oh, and Welcome! :) )

You can get bottles for the mini that have a larger capacity, that maybe give you enough "on board" juice to last a full day, and if so, most likely all you'll need is a spare battery for an all day vape. Thread about them HERE. (You don't need to read the whole thing, the last few pages should be enough)

Coil building *can* be an art, but it doesn't have to be. Most anything you build will work as long as it doesn't have a short, and is within a reasonable ohm range (.5 ish to 2.0). Many of us just use the "ugly coil" method (so named because it's not all neat and pretty, but it works great). Robert made a VIDEO to show you how easy it is, and yes, it's really as easy as it looks.

The cartomizer/atty "box" meter is handy to have, but you might want to consider an actual multimeter, like THIS one. It allows you to not only check the resistance of your coils (ohms), it will also let you test your batteries, and is useful for any trouble shooting if you ever have to do any.

You're gonna love it, and don't hesitate to ask ANY questions you have about it/them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread