The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best Gourmet Ejuice Vendors #3 - Juice Junkies Saga Continues

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by angelphyre, Dec 31, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kn0ttYFive

Kn0ttYFive Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Releaser of the KRAKEN
    I must agree with the custard statement, everyone's taste differ. I prefer an eggy custard flavor, however most vendors translate "custard" as just a creamy aspect. They don't capture the richness, fullness, and the eggy on the end of custard. Very disappointing.

Ok, so... yes I have tried the Butterscotch Caramel cake. It is more of a light, moist type milk cake, with a caramelized sugary caramel. I don't get much butterscotch out of the flavor, and it is a very flavorful vape and really sweet. Too sweet for me, I will not order it again.

The Banana Cream to me, tastes like creamy laffy taffy banana candy. I did not enjoy it. I will revisit it in a month or so to see if it evolved.

The Cheesecake... very enjoyable. I get the rich creamy cheesecake flavor on exhale. So you get smacked in the face with the primary flavor ie. Strawberry or Lemon, Blueberry or Caramel (which ever flavor you chose) on inhale. While exhaling, the cheesecake coats your mouth. I really enjoyed the Lemon Cheesecake (the lemon is more of a lemon zest flavor)
    Also enjoyed the Caramel Cheesecake.

The Custard is good, I bought the blueberry, and am letting it steep.
    I am reluctantly trying to introduce a couple of fruit flavors to my rotation. lol

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  2. paulc35

paulc35 Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mason,Wv

Just an update. Dollar ejuice club took care of everything. I think my ordeal was just one of those rare screw ups that happen, but it just happened to be my first order. I liked the ejuices that I tried, but I have one complaint and its a complaint that I have had with many ejuice companies. The FLAVOR is to weak. Many of these ejuice companies produce great juice, but the flavor is weak. Zeus Ejuice has the flavor strength down and I judge all other companies by Zeus.

• Like Like x 1
  3. chanelvaps

chanelvaps Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

OMG who makes this Butterscotch Caramel Cake? RIGHT up my alley

• Like Like x 1
  4. chanelvaps

The only new things I have bought is FOS Cinnamon Donut Roll, Yogi's Granola Peanut Butter and BIG HIT SVRF Balanced Balanced
    It taste's like Coconut Cream frosting

5. Skeebo

Skeebo Ultra Member ECF Veteran

White Label Juice Co.

I haven't tried it yet. The only juice I have had from them is Champion, which is very good.

6. Skeebo

I have to say, I am pretty impressed with Boba's Bounty return. The stuff I got is pretty fresh, so I am curious to see what a good steep will do. It's not as sweet as the stuff I remember, but then again, this is probably the freshest bottle I've had.

There is a dry, somewhat grahamy flavor that sometimes reminds me of a good pipe tobacco. If anyone else got some I am curious to hear your thoughts.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Nanny22

Nanny22 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Michigan
    Mine was supposed to be here today -- but didn't show. Maybe tomorrow. It will be my first try at Boba's, so I can't compare to the original version. Anxious to hear what all the fuss was about, tho! It was apparently LEGENDARY. :w00t:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Skeebo

A good steep will help it. I am curious to hear your first impressions though.

9. AnthonyB

AnthonyB Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Bobbas Bounty is back ?! Wow. What a blast from the past. I used to vape it back in 2009 and 2010 and I loved it fresh. I lasted a good long while. That juice didn't go off. In fact, I threw out the remnants of my last Bobbas Bounty bottle towards the end of 2016. It was 5 years old and still tasted just like it did when I first got it. I couldn't justify vaping 5 year old juice so it had to go.

Bobbas Bounty was around when we were all vaping Protanks, 306 atomizers and maybe the first rebuildables. It will be interesting to see how the flavor translates at sub ohm temperatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  10. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Translates extremely well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AnthonyB

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Well I just found out yesterday that Five Pawns discontinued many of their much loved flavors including my personal favorite, Lucena. They discontinued Perpetual Check, Absolute Pin, Sixty- Four and a few others. It looks like they discontinued these flavours quite some time ago. It's probably old news but it's a newsflash to me.

How could they discontinue Absolute Pin, Lucena and Perpetual Check? Are they crazy! That peach and liquor concoction in Lucena was unique.

I can't find an online vape store in the US that still stocks the original lines which were discontinued.

It just so happens that a local online vape store in Australia has bottles of Perpetual Check and Lucena left so I picked one of each up for $38 Aud which is expensive. Worse still, the vendor told me they were made in 2015 but according to him, they still taste great. He said he would give me a full refund if the juices are not satisfactory so I am okay with it. These are probably some of the only remaining original recipes from before the diketone issue.

Apparently Five Pawns occasionally releases a discontinued flavor for a limited time as part of its 'Vaulted' collection.

Well they better do more unvaulting because discontinuing Absolute Pin, Lucena and Perpetual Check is a crime against humanity !

12. AnthonyB

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Is it the same Bobbas?

The closest thing I've had to Bobba's in recent times is Southbound by Stash. It reminds me of Bobbas a great deal. It wouldn't surprise me if the vendors intention was to clone Bobba's Bounty.

I used to also really enjoy the Gorilla version of Bobbas which has a banana flavour.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jonner

Jonner Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    It's the same Boba's from back in the day, also the same Gorilla Juice, got them both Monday, very, very good stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. newyork13

newyork13 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    It's been years since I've had any Bobba's.
    I just checked the Alien Vision website, and I see that's it's max VG.
    Was it also in the good old days?
    I only ask because I find many very high VG liquids irritating, but I don't remember Boba's being irritating. (So, has its percentages changed or is it one of those that won't bother me. Question being asked to myself.)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ladiekali

Ladiekali Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    has any one had vaptasia killer kustard??
    my vape shop raved over it. but didn't have any in stock to try.
    i'm skeptical.

they had the best vanilla ever made by georgia mist. and they are not reordering it and i can't find the vendor online. i'm so so sad. it was "thee" vanilla i was looking for!

so i'm gonna try to mix my own. got some bottles steeping. crossing my fingers.

why is it, if i buy a bottle of 30ml of juice and love it.. i buy same bottle in 60ml and it never tastes the same!
    am i not shaking it enough or something??

• Like Like x 1
  16. IDJoel

IDJoel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    The larger the batch size; the longer a recipe can take to mature. If it isn't tasting "right," park it in a cupboard, or drawer for a couple of weeks, and then revisit.:)

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Skeebo

In the old days it was definitely max VG, it was incredibly thick. This new batch seems more like 70/30 vg/pg.

• Like Like x 2
  18. empteeteacup

empteeteacup Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    Same thing happens to me. I LOVED Nola from Lane Cove, and proceeded to order a 120ml. It tasted COMPLETELY different .I even have the same problem with reordering 30mls of stuff I like. It just never tastes the same from bottle to bottle. It could just be my senses being weird, but idk .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. chanelvaps

It is totally a steep IMO. I have juices that I try when I first get them and they are blah. Crepe's liquid Strawberry Crisp was one. six weeks after I had it it was the bomb!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. chanelvaps

Went to the Ontario Convention Center on Sunday with a fellow juice junkie and got a few things. Free t-shirt. Some free juice. One of the freebies has me smitten. Black Unicorn Uninuts.
    Creamy nutty vape

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1