Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
congrats btw!
I just got another kensei.
i have two drops and two kensei's so i'm set.

i'm waiting for the geekvape blade to come out in the poppy pattern!!

Have you used the ONS Engine or Nano? If so, how does the Kensei compare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I had an experience in a local vape shop yesterday.

I've been in a few around my area and surprisingly two of them are really competitive price point wise with online vendors. One of those two, always sends emails with coupon codes and they have an awesome selection of juices. The other one has all the latest mods and tanks and the markup is usually $5-10 above what online prices are. If you include cost of shipping it's a pretty good deal, and his return policy is righteous.

This vape shop yesterday though..... I felt like I walked into a car dealership. This guy was flipping mods in his hands, changing tanks, and describing flavors all at the same time. It was a sight to see, and I'm surprised he didn't start doing vape tricks.

Those prices though....... they even morphed into a different price at the register. He tried selling me 3 60ml bottles of juice, and 2 3-pack coils for the Smok Prince for $207.53. Hmmmm, it just dawned on me. The place is right next door to a pawn shop. I bet this guy worked there too. He originally told me the coils were $15 per pack, which is a pretty good price. At the register it changed to $22.95!

I told him I left my wallet in my truck. You see, I've sold a car or two.... and perhaps a stolen radio too! I got in my truck and drove home.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Have you used the ONS Engine or Nano? If so, how does the Kensei compare?

i have not, the kensei is the first rebuildable tank i tried since my russian clone... way back when!

i do have nothing but good things to say about it though. i don't do fancy coils though. simple micro coils .5 to .25 ohms.

i tested it today and left it in the car for my day at the beach. i closed the juice flow control, and came back with no leaks.

i highly recommend the kensei. the build quality is nice. it didn't like rayon. i'm using cotton bacon now. i've done a few builds, not because i had to, but because i'm learning and working with new material.

oh and because of coil placement, no spit back. i don't get too much with my builds and wick usually, but when it has popped, it stays inside the tank.

i was going to try something new, but thought better of it.
it just works flawless so why mess with it if it aint broke, and that juice flow control is really important for me living in the hot south!!

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
i have not, the kensei is the first rebuildable tank i tried since my russian clone... way back when!

i do have nothing but good things to say about it though. i don't do fancy coils though. simple micro coils .5 to .25 ohms.

i tested it today and left it in the car for my day at the beach. i closed the juice flow control, and came back with no leaks.

i highly recommend the kensei. the build quality is nice. it didn't like rayon. i'm using cotton bacon now. i've done a few builds, not because i had to, but because i'm learning and working with new material.

oh and because of coil placement, no spit back. i don't get too much with my builds and wick usually, but when it has popped, it stays inside the tank.

i was going to try something new, but thought better of it.
it just works flawless so why mess with it if it aint broke, and that juice flow control is really important for me living in the hot south!!

I've been a big fan of the OBS Engine Nano for a while now. It's my go to top airflow single coil and the flavour still rules supreme for me. However, the kensei is in the same genre and some have said it might be better than the OBS Nano.

I'm not sure whether to upgrade and stick to the tried and true. I love the Nano.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Anyone know where I can purchase the Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme V2? I am having a heck of a time finding one online. I see that I can order direct from Steam Crave, anyone have experience ordering from them?

It's like that with older Gear. I was trying to find an original 150 watt Sigelie box mod. I sold mine a year ago and regret. I can't find it anywhere, not even second hand !

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
It's like that with older Gear. I was trying to find an original 150 watt Sigelie box mod. I sold mine a year ago and regret. I can't find it anywhere, not even second hand !

The Aromamizer Supreme V2 has to be less than a year old, I may be wrong.. But yeah, I've noticed stuff really disappears fast now compared to the old days.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I had an experience in a local vape shop yesterday.

I've been in a few around my area and surprisingly two of them are really competitive price point wise with online vendors. One of those two, always sends emails with coupon codes and they have an awesome selection of juices. The other one has all the latest mods and tanks and the markup is usually $5-10 above what online prices are. If you include cost of shipping it's a pretty good deal, and his return policy is righteous.

This vape shop yesterday though..... I felt like I walked into a car dealership. This guy was flipping mods in his hands, changing tanks, and describing flavors all at the same time. It was a sight to see, and I'm surprised he didn't start doing vape tricks.

Those prices though....... they even morphed into a different price at the register. He tried selling me 3 60ml bottles of juice, and 2 3-pack coils for the Smok Prince for $207.53. Hmmmm, it just dawned on me. The place is right next door to a pawn shop. I bet this guy worked there too. He originally told me the coils were $15 per pack, which is a pretty good price. At the register it changed to $22.95!

I told him I left my wallet in my truck. You see, I've sold a car or two.... and perhaps a stolen radio too! I got in my truck and drove home.
yeah I have been to a few of those myself. They cater to the folks that want the latest and greatest and are afraid to question things at the register. Most vape shops I go to (especially if I am with Mini) get talked down in price by me. They deserve to make a little bit to keep their store rolling but not a fortune. Not on me anyway. I like the vape shops to try things out and to see (in person) what is new.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
The Aromamizer Supreme V2 has to be less than a year old, I may be wrong.. But yeah, I've noticed stuff really disappears fast now compared to the old days.
Probably at least two because I have been in Cali 9 months and I had mine at least a year before moving. I just ordered two of the Aromamizer Titans and my gosh I was shocked when I got them in the mail. holds 10mls juice. Not sure I can walk around in public sporting them. :)
I should have paid better attention to the size. I am not one to care if it fits great or even has a little overhang but these things are crazy huge. I will post a pic once I have built it out. I do love my aromamizers. Can't be beat for flavor IMO

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

Initially I thought you were referring to the V2 that came out after the original aromamizer and before the supreme. The V2 supreme is indeed only a year old.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Probably at least two because I have been in Cali 9 months and I had mine at least a year before moving. I just ordered two of the Aromamizer Titans and my gosh I was shocked when I got them in the mail. holds 10mls juice. Not sure I can walk around in public sporting them. :)
I should have paid better attention to the size. I am not one to care if it fits great or even has a little overhang but these things are crazy huge. I will post a pic once I have built it out. I do love my aromamizers. Can't be beat for flavor IMO
Correction to this post: I ordered and received Aromamizer Plus's that I ordered. 30mm. OMG the Titans are

Reactions: Skeebo

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Correction to this post: I ordered and received Aromamizer Plus's that I ordered. 30mm. OMG the Titans are

Sheesh, they sure have a lot of variations of the Aromamizer. I still can't believe how hard it was to find the Supreme V2. The price was a bit steep compared to the online vendors who use to have them but now have no stock.

Something else I noticed, I recently got the Smok Prince tank-- with those drop in coils. I love the tank, but hate the price of the coils. Unlike the other Smok tanks, the RBA deck that they offer is hardly stocked anywhere. I wonder if this has been done on purpose, you know, to help keep the sales of the drop in coils going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread