Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Let us know how the Zeus goes. I am a big fan of the OBS Nano and have considered trying to Zeus but I am convinced nothing can compare to the OBS Nano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure will. I expect it Saturday.

Reactions: AnthonyB

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Skeebo
After trying various ways as per various video's with no success, I found the way to wick it leak proof is almost the same as the others v2 included. Wicks longish and then tucked under coils into the juice chamber. look up into the juice chamber from underneath and fluff. Works perfect. Someone send me a pic if you need it

Above I was referring to the Zeus tank you are getting. Some people were complaining about wicking issues.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I decided I needed some new mods. I have 3 reuleauxs and they look rough. All 3 have cracked battery decks and look like they got ran over. They all work great still.

I ordered my first squonk mod and got it yesterday. I should have did this sooner. I'm using it with the Drop rda, which comes with a squonk pin. The flavor on the Drop was already amazing, and it now has the convenience of a tank. The squonk mod I went with is the GeekVapes Gbox. I liked the dual battery feature.

I also ordered a JAC Vapour DNA 75 mod last night. I've read good stuff on this mod, and like the fact that it uses a single battery. It should be here before the end of the month.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I have ignored the squint craze up until now. I am Leary because I am scattered brained and do not want to have to remember to squeak or squeeze it or whatever you have to do. Is there any such thing as an automatic squonker. The only new mod I have ordered is the Smoant Cylon. I got it last week and have not used it yet

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I have ignored the squint craze up until now. I am Leary because I am scattered brained and do not want to have to remember to squeak or squeeze it or whatever you have to do. Is there any such thing as an automatic squonker. The only new mod I have ordered is the Smoant Cylon. I got it last week and have not used it yet
Predictive text got me above. I am on my IPad and I am a desktop person

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

I can totally relate. I always looked at squonking with skepticism. Plus everything I was already doing was working and satisfying. But man, being able to use a dripper without having to carry a bottle of juice around is very nice. I didn't think I would take to it like I did.

And Channel, I have forgot to squeeze a few times..... the dripper magnifies that burnt cotton taste to a whole other level. Not good. There are a lot of options out there now, compared to the past when a Reo mod was the only way to go.

Predictive text got me above. I am on my IPad and I am a desktop person

LOL sometimes I like to roll with the predictive texts, it makes things fun.

Reactions: chanelvaps

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
I can totally relate. I always looked at squonking with skepticism. Plus everything I was already doing was working and satisfying. But man, being able to use a dripper without having to carry a bottle of juice around is very nice. I didn't think I would take to it like I did.

And Channel, I have forgot to squeeze a few times..... the dripper magnifies that burnt cotton taste to a whole other level. Not good. There are a lot of options out there now, compared to the past when a Reo mod was the only way to go.

Time to jump in...

For a very long time I have been exclusively a “squonker”, or 95% a squonker, almost exclusively with DNA 200’s.

Couple of days ago I received the Ginger Vapor DNA 250C squonker. Though my unit appears to have some minor defect—RMA pendng—it is as close to “automatic”, idiot-proof, squonking as one can get.

YT has at least three 250C vids and one on the squonker version. Pay particular attention to Mark Todd’s “eating crow”. [emoji5]

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Time to jump in...

For a very long time I have been exclusively a “squonker”, or 95% a squonker, almost exclusively with DNA 200’s.

Couple of days ago I received the Ginger Vapor DNA 250C squonker. Though my unit appears to have some minor defect—RMA pendng—it is as close to “automatic”, idiot-proof, squonking as one can get.

YT has at least three 250C vids and one on the squonker version. Pay particular attention to Mark Todd’s “eating crow”. [emoji5]

That's one nice looking mod. It's a shame it's got a chip in it.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

I used to be a dripper back in the old days of atomizers when cartridges and clearomizers were the tanks of the day. However in recent years I prefer RTAs and sub-ohm tanks. The flavour produces in these devices in the explosion of good RTAs such as the OBS Nano, Reload, Kylin, Ammit put them very close to drippers. Even sub ohm tanks like the Fireluke Pro have good flavour.

These side airflow drippers like the ones that dominated what was the year of the dripper last year have good flavour but they are not leaps and bounds above RTAs. In fact, those side drippers like the Drop and Rabbit have 'ok' flavour. They are not any more flavourful than the smaller 22-24 mm drippers of a few years ago.

Dripping on high wattage devices just sucks sometimes and I can't tell an appreciable increase in flavor with a dripper.

I recently got the all popular TVC inspired Drop RTA and I can't figure it out. It spits and vapes warm and the flavour isn't better than an RTA. There could be some user error involved but something tells me it is what it is. Side airflow and a wick that never can fully saturate because it sits so far above the deck where the juice reservoir is.

Last edited:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I used to be a dripper back in the old days of atomizers when cartridges and clearomizers were the tanks of the day. However in recent years I prefer RTAs and sub-ohm tanks. The flavour produces in these devices in the explosion of good RTAs such as the OBS Nano, Reload, Kylin, Ammit put them very close to drippers. Even sub ohm tanks like the Fireluke Pro have good flavour.

These side airflow drippers like the ones that dominated what was the year of the dripper last year have good flavour but they are not leaps and bounds above RTAs. In fact, those side drippers like the Drop and Rabbit have 'ok' flavour. They are not any more flavourful than the smaller 22-24 mm drippers of a few years ago.

Dripping on high wattage devices just sucks sometimes and I can't tell an appreciable increase in flavor with a dripper.

I recently got the all popular TVC inspired Drop RTA and I can't figure it out. It spits and vapes warm and the flavour isn't better than an RTA. There could be some user error involved but something tells me it is what it is. Side airflow and a wick that never can fully saturate because it sits so far above the deck where the juice reservoir is.

I'm the opposite. I can't seem to get the flavor I get from a dripper in a tank. I just hate carrying a bottle around, hence why I mainly use tanks.

About two months ago I would have agreed with all your points concerning the drop. When I read threads on it and saw pictures of the deck, I figured those long wick legs would be a problem. Then add in the side airflow, which I've never had much luck with, and I just could help but think it was a very hyped rda.

But the thing actually works. I recently went back to 2.5mm inner diameter on my coils and that's when I really became a fan of it.

There is one problem with it, and it's the primary reason I think it's best suited for squonking. When you drip from above the coils sit right beneath the opening. If no attempt is made at angling how you drip the juice in there's really no way for it to hit the deck. So you tend to overload the wick right where the coils are, if that makes any sense.

I don't know why, but I ordered another one. I traded in my reward points at Eccigity and got it for $18 shipped.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Going with my original gut extinct and will continue to ignore the squonking craze. Kinda of like "why bother'. I am pretty happy where I am. Now I have the Arom Plus and the Geekvape Zeus up and running. I have a handful (ok maybe two handfuls) of mods I like, Hex's for regular, Minikins for TC and who needs to worry about anything else :eek:

migosu

Unresolved Status
Apr 9, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
That's one nice looking mod. It's a shame it's got a chip in it.

I was going to let this go, Skeebo, especially because of the tendency, here, to shoot from the hip and overreact. But,

if you are a “flavor chaser” the most CONSISTENT report of flavor goes to a regulated mod. Among those temperature protected mods are, objectively, best.

With the 250C and it’s “Replay” function that TC consistency moves UP a very significant step. According to Brandon (on YT) and my own experience vape-to-vape flavor is at a new level.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I was going to let this go, Skeebo, especially because of the tendency, here, to shoot from the hip and overreact. But,

if you are a “flavor chaser” the most CONSISTENT report of flavor goes to a regulated mod. Among those temperature protected mods are, objectively, best.

With the 250C and it’s “Replay” function that TC consistency moves UP a very significant step. According to Brandon (on YT) and my own experience vape-to-vape flavor is at a new level.

I've been eyeballing the thread over there talking about it. So I take it, even though it's chipped, you've played with it a bit? I've never used the TC function yet on any of my mods. I've been interested in trying other materials other than kanthal, but I really can't tell the difference between orange and red, so I feel I'll kind of screw it up, or screw myself up. Is TC the one that has to use SS wire?

I have had a few DNA mods, one of them (don't snicker) is a Reuleaux DNA200. It's an awesome mod that I hardly put over 65 watts, however, it has this one nagging issue. The battery deck in the DNA is different than my other two Reuleaux's, and it's tight. I have ruined the wraps on most of my batteries trying to carefully pull them out of the battery carriage.

I did order a DNA 75 mod from JAC Vapour. It's supposed to ship out sometime around the 16th, it's coming from the UK so I'm not sure I'll have it this month. It's not a squonk mod either.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
I've been eyeballing the thread over there talking about it. So I take it, even though it's chipped, you've played with it a bit? I've never used the TC function yet on any of my mods. I've been interested in trying other materials other than kanthal, but I really can't tell the difference between orange and red, so I feel I'll kind of screw it up, or screw myself up. Is TC the one that has to use SS wire?

I have had a few DNA mods, one of them (don't snicker) is a Reuleaux DNA200. It's an awesome mod that I hardly put over 65 watts, however, it has this one nagging issue. The battery deck in the DNA is different than my other two Reuleaux's, and it's tight. I have ruined the wraps on most of my batteries trying to carefully pull them out of the battery carriage.

I did order a DNA 75 mod from JAC Vapour. It's supposed to ship out sometime around the 16th, it's coming from the UK so I'm not sure I'll have it this month. It's not a squonk mod either.

Firstly, it is not badly “chipped”, usable but not for a DNA expert like me.

DNA 200 can use all sorts of wires including SS 316 for TC. My preferred is Nifethal 52 from Zivpf in Germany (less than 10-days delivered to the US, though I have enough to last until the Second Coming. [emoji41]).

Among my DNA 200’s is a three battery Reuleaux. These days I only use it to burn coils. (Aghast!!)

The Replay feature is so good I am considering getting the Paranormal Mark Todd previewed—drip the wicks ‘til dry.

PM me if you need to have your hand held with TC. Also take a look at the TC thread in the Forum...hmmmm...no recent post but you should easily locate it...It is ”TC beyond Ni200: Nickel Purity, Dicodes; Ti, SS, Resistherm NiFe30; Coefficient of Resistance”. Long but thorough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread