Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
You may not be an expert, but you're definitely a pro. Maybe even a black belt.... you know, the forum has a "Master" label under your name.
OMG! I am glad you told me that. Now I am going to go around with a big head too and claim to be an 'expert'

• Informative
Reactions: Skeebo

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Hello in here! Hope you have all been doing great! In case anyone uses Giant Vapes, there is a 20% off sale going for Friday the 13th. Anything new to try? It's been a long time.

Freakishly Good Savings

I've been loving Skipfish Bourbon Brown Sugar Milkshake, District 21, Skipper, Crispies, and EpicClouds Carmelized Bananas! This sale is right on time, I need to restock all the above. Thanks so much Nanny!! Where ya been gurl?

• Love
Reactions: Nanny22

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
I've been loving Skipfish Bourbon Brown Sugar Milkshake, District 21, Skipper, Crispies, and EpicClouds Carmelized Bananas! This sale is right on time, I need to restock all the above. Thanks so much Nanny!! Where ya been gurl?
I think I may have to try District 21, it sure sounds good and if @Skeebo and @Jingles like it, that's a really good sign. :) It's been a long time since I ordered anything except Boba's Bounty - which I also like very much, and my husband just loves it. Thanks to all of you here who put the word out when it went back into production. I have missed all of you --I've been through some stuff lately, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel, now. Thanks for asking! :wub:

EDITED TO ADD: In true juice Junkie style, I waited about 30 seconds before I ordered the District 21 (Salted Caramel). Really looking forward to trying it, thanks for the recommendations!

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I have put in an order with Adore Eliquids and am looking forward to receiving it. I was recommended Adore Eliquids by DJslabs Daniel and judging by the reviews, it seems to be a very good Eliquid.

The juices are apparently a premium quality with a not so premium price. Dawn, the vendor, donates 20% of the proceeds to organisations that support vaping and fight governments trying to marginalise or ban it.

I will post my thoughts when I try the liquids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Savage liquids.
I tasted them at a vape meet and liked them so I bought more
Vega-Mango, Coconut and Blood Orange. Yummy and just tart enough to make me happy. I love a good Mango and Coconut vape
The other one I bought is a lemon something and I have not tried it yet

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I decided I needed some new mods. I have 3 reuleauxs and they look rough. All 3 have cracked battery decks and look like they got ran over. They all work great still.

I ordered my first squonk mod and got it yesterday. I should have did this sooner. I'm using it with the Drop rda, which comes with a squonk pin. The flavor on the Drop was already amazing, and it now has the convenience of a tank. The squonk mod I went with is the GeekVapes Gbox. I liked the dual battery feature.

I also ordered a JAC Vapour DNA 75 mod last night. I've read good stuff on this mod, and like the fact that it uses a single battery. It should be here before the end of the month.

I don't know too much about squonkers but why are most squonk mods 70-80 watts? In an era where 200 watt mods are common and where most drippers shine between 80-120 watts, an 80 watt squonk mod designed to be used with low ohm high wattage drippers seems a bit deficient.

Why are there no 200 watt squonk mods for example?

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I don't know too much about squonkers but why are most squonk mods 70-80 watts? In an era where 200 watt mods are common and where most drippers shine between 80-120 watts, an 80 watt squonk mod designed to be used with low ohm high wattage drippers seems a bit deficient.

Why are there no 200 watt squonk mods for example?

Mine is 200 watts. In regards to the builds I do (.25 ohms) an 80 watt squonker more than fits the bill. I rarely push past 60 watts. I rarely see anyone who utilizes a full 200 watts or even close to it even on non squonk mods.

But, back to your question-- there are 200 watt squonk mods.

• Agree
Reactions: mackman

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Mine is 200 watts. In regards to the builds I do (.25 ohms) an 80 watt squonker more than fits the bill. I rarely push past 60 watts. I rarely see anyone who utilizes a full 200 watts or even close to it even on non squonk mods.

But, back to your question-- there are 200 watt squonk mods.

The most well known mass produced ones are 80 watts. It seems to be a squonk culture.

But what I mean is, why does no vendor just adapt versions of their well known mods, say like an alien or predator or Minikin in a squonk version.

Something tells me that squonkers being relatively low wattage capacity has to do with design impediments of carrying that extra bottle and compartment.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
The most well known mass produced ones are 80 watts. It seems to be a squonk culture.

But what I mean is, why does no vendor just adapt versions of their well known mods, say like an alien or predator or Minikin in a squonk version.

Something tells me that squonkers being relatively low wattage capacity has to do with design impediments of carrying that extra bottle and compartment.

Which is the same reason some of those mods have the option of using a larger battery. The 200 watt mod I have is the same size as the 3 battery Reuleauxs, uses two batteries, and of course, the bottle takes up the spot where a third battery would normally go.

Reactions: AnthonyB

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Because I neglected to buy during the last Giant Vapes sale I am pondering buying tonight. (15% off Save15 is code)
I have this in my cart and any input appreciated. I will cut it in half before I pull the trigger and get 3
French Vanilla and Brown Sugar by 80v
Shillelagh
Tough Cookie by Infamous
Beedys by Eureka
Babycakes by Guardian Angel
Fracture by Electrum
I have had and love Tough Cookie but none of the others

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Because I neglected to buy during the last Giant Vapes sale I am pondering buying tonight. (15% off Save15 is code)
I have this in my cart and any input appreciated. I will cut it in half before I pull the trigger and get 3
French Vanilla and Brown Sugar by 80v
Shillelagh
Tough Cookie by Infamous
Beedys by Eureka
Babycakes by Guardian Angel
Fracture by Electrum
I have had and love Tough Cookie but none of the others

French Vanilla and Brown Sugar was a disappointment for me. A lot of people love it. There's a lot of flavor there, but it was just too sweet for me. It reminds me a bit of Lush from The Refuge without the custard.

Fracture is a strong peanut butter vape, and as you may remember I love peanut butter vapes. It's a gunker too, a bit dark of course. It's good, and I liked it, but it wasn't a reorder for me.

Shillelagh-- this juice was a total surprise. When I first started vaping one of the 3 first flavors I got was an Irish Cream. Shillelagh had me asking myself why I didn't persue this flavor profile more. Clean and crisp, I almost wanted to order another bottle after taking my first vape. I just got delivery of it this past Monday. It's a limited release I believe, so move fast. I almost deleted this part of this post because I want some there when I go to order more.

I haven't had any of the others you mentioned.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Hi! I just posted a bunch of sales Deals and Steals

Best new thing I tried lately is Naked's
Berry Lush which is a Strawberry Pineapple and Cream & also Naked
Maui Sun (Pineapple Orange Tangerine) very nice realistic pineapple.

edit: good deals on Naked here Naked 100

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Seeing skeebo be silly in a send up post about pickled dill vapes got me inspired and helped me crystallise an idea I have about a revolutionary new flavour genre.

So I am going to unashamedly reproduce my post in General E-Liquid discussions here because you guys are like home to me! This group is my regular go-to group for years now. I'm getting all teary here people, please pass me the tissues!

Okay so ready? Here goes.

Quoted

We all know how popular and pervasive fruit based vapes have been over the years but why have vegetables never translated into good vape juices?

While fruits have enjoyed celebrity status and rock star roles selling out crowds, having panties thrown at them by beautiful women and rolling out hit after hit, vegetables have ended up in quiet backwater suburban bars playing throaty renditions out of tune, barely recognised by the beer swilling crowd. Vegetables simply don't enjoy the stardom fruits enjoy in the vape world.

Like 90s music, we are bored of fruit and cake. I've been vaping strawberry for 9 years and all kinds of ridiculous eggy custards and cake batter. I don't even eat cake batter or custard or even strawberries for that matter!

But why not? There are as many different species of vegetables as their are fruits and their flavours are just as complex and delicious as fruit.

Savoury vegetable vapes if done right could be a game changer the way custards and yoghurts were. No one quite does them right. They end up being novelty vapes done poorly with synthetic ingredients. Perhaps the best vegetable vape I ever had was the now discontinued Sixty-Four by Five Pawns which had a hint of dill and some cucumber.

I would love to see celery or cucumber based vapes. What about ginger, tumeric, horseradish, paprika, mushrooms? What about chilli? These ingredients done right would make for a great vape. Imagine that slight bite at the end of a vape from chilli, paprika or horseradish. And speaking of, where the hell are our wasabi vapes?

I've got strawberries, peaches and kiwifruit coming out of my ears and custard oozing out of my eyelids. Give me a wasabi vape somebody! Make it a bit sweeter if you must, a sugary wasabi. Let the mind roam! Sweet vegetables are okay for a vape juice. Vape juice vendors are linear in their thinking. They design juices based on how they would taste and if we would like to eat them, but vaping is a four dimensional flavour profile and experience. You can have sweet carrot without it having to be a carrot cake as an example!

SAFFRON! It's a crime against humanity that no one has done a saffron vape yet! Creamy saffron with a hint of paprika for me thanks!

Can you imagine a creamy vape with a note of paprika or capsicum or tumeric? Or what about cucumber in yoghurt? How about a refreshing sweeter cucumber and a hint of dill in yoghurt with a spicy ginger zing on the exhale?

Are no vape vendors proficient enough to be doing this?? Are none so adventurous and creative?

What about potato or sweet potato? Sweet potato is sweet like fruit so why can't that be translated into a vape juice? And wouldn't the powdery starchy goodness of a potato translate well into a vape juice?

What about bread?? Imagine a nice crusty loaf of bread in vape form. Yes, with that slightly burnt crust! Why do juice vendors try so hard to make the perfect pie crust in their vape juices and yet you would be more likely to find a penguin in Death Valley than a vape juice designed to taste like the wonderful thick crust on a freshly baked loaf of bread.

If we can do fruits with so much success why not vegetables?

Someone needs to venture into these areas and do it right with organic ingredients. They need to be macerated in much the same way Naturally Extracted Tobacco is macerated. The key is in flavour strength. They need to be subtle and perhaps fused with some other lighter cream based flavours. They will redefine flavour profiles.

If anyone makes a fortune based my comments here please cut me a cheque for a 10% commission. You can send me a message for postage details.

If no one does it, I might do it myself!

So with all that said, who's with me on this? Who's screaming from the top of their glazed donut, custard drowned tonsils for more Arthouse vegetable vapes? Who's over peach, custard, guava, grapefruit? Okay I admit I do like guava and grapefruit vapes. I went a bit too far there but let's do this !!

Also, does anyone know of good vegetable profile vapes that might soothe my poor throat from 9 years of cake batter and synthetic peach flavours? Is anyone actually doing this?

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
whoa!
That was a good rant!
And you're right, so get to it and let us have the recipe. LOL.
Juul does make a cool cucumber. It's quite hit and miss. I sometimes get a taste of the cucumber, then it's gone and I just get mintiness, and sometimes nothing. When the cucumber comes through it's nice.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
whoa!
That was a good rant!
And you're right, so get to it and let us have the recipe. LOL.
Juul does make a cool cucumber. It's quite hit and miss. I sometimes get a taste of the cucumber, then it's gone and I just get mintiness, and sometimes nothing. When the cucumber comes through it's nice.

FSUSA makes a cucumber vape which I happened to pick up in my last order but haven't tried it. But it still falls in the category of a cheap novelty vape made from synthetic ingredients.

What I am getting at is that there needs to be an impetus for gourmet made vegetable, Herb and spice vapes by a vendor who excels at gourmet craft juices that has a mixologist who can consider flavour combinations, sweetness, strength of flavour.

I really think it could work.

Here is an example -

Sweetened beetroot mixed with lime and a zing of ginger on the exhale in a light creamy concoction.

It doesn't have to be savoury! It can be sweet!

What about a light cucumber aperitif flavour infused with lemon verbana and a hint of parsley.

Or what about something bready. A bakers crust superbly baked with a burnt crust, dusted with cinnamon, tumeric and paprika.

I can see myself getting into my third business right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread