Best Gourmet Ejuice Vendors #3 - Juice Junkies Saga Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Goons exclusively these days. I have 3 X 22mm, 1 X 24mm, and a LP (22mm, I think) from 528Custom.com

They have something new called the Monster. Not interested coz it’s not needed.

I own several from other vendors, but Goons do it for me.

I've looked them up and have a couple of questions for you:

1) Is the 24mm Goon you mentioned the V1.5?

2) Is the clamp the only difference with the LP version compared to the original?

3) Which of the versions you mentioned above are best for flavor?

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Don’t believe I ever posted such.

Think you’re asking about the Aromamizer, yes? Folks have done verticals and horizontals, with my preference being dual horizontals.

I use what is a “crazy” wire for most: NiFe48, 24m, 12-14 wraps, on 3mm rods for .019-022 Ω.

But, I am squonk only these days. My Mizers are stored away...

HTH
HA. So sorry. It was someone else in another thread.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
I've looked them up and have a couple of questions for you:

1) Is the 24mm Goon you mentioned the V1.5?

2) Is the clamp the only difference with the LP version compared to the original?

3) Which of the versions you mentioned above are best for flavor?

Yes, and, yes.

The [legacy 22 [emoji41]] is my preference...

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Yes. I have it in black and in SS. Vaping two blacks at the moment. [emoji41]

I've got the 22 as well in black.

The Goon and the Drop are my two favorite RDAs but as someone who doesn't squonk the Drop just nudges out the Goon from top spot.

I have never tried the Dead Rabbit though so for all I know I would like it better than both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

The Goon and the Drop are my two favorite RDAs but as someone who doesn't squonk the Drop just nudges out the Goon from top spot.

I have never tried the Dead Rabbit though so for all I know I would like it better than both.

I am waiting for the dead rabbit tank

Reactions: AnthonyB

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA

The Dead Rabbit(s) is great AND a bit tricky. I ‘got’ two (or three) of’em.

Tricky in the sense of wicking: great when properly saturated, not when not.

Reactions: chanelvaps

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
The Dead Rabbit(s) is great AND a bit tricky. I ‘got’ two (or three) of’em.

Tricky in the sense of wicking: great when properly saturated, not when not.

I hope more Dead Rabbits come onto the market. I'm having trouble finding one in stock from my usual Australian suppliers.

What about the Dead Rabbit SQ 22mm? Is it any good ?

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I hate shopping for RDA's, I really do. I'm sitting here looking at a few on the site I buy from, reading reviews, and cross referencing here to the forum.

Reviews are like:

I've had this RDA for months now, tried several builds, and it is absolutely the worst RDA for flavor--I like my Reload X much better.

Then the next review for the same atty, goes something like: This is by far the best RDA for flavor, I like it so much better than my Reload X, but my Phobia is so much better.

You go to the Phobia page and the first review is: This thing is crap, I can't get any flavor and it gets way too hot. I love my Goon V1.5 but if you want to buy an RDA get the Apocalypse it's the best.

Then the next one throws another curve ball.. I've bought over a hundred atty's and nothing compares to the recurve.

Then I travel back to the forum for a little more insight and before I know it I'm researching 10 different RDA's, forgetting which one actually was winning the battle in the first place.

My head hurts and I still have to get up off my .... and clean out my fish tanks, mow the grass, and wash and wax my truck. I've been looking at RDA's for over two hours.

I think I have settled on the Goon V1.5. I already have two Drops, and just wanted something new. I have to also buy a new squonk box as my G-box has decided it doesn't want to work anymore after very limited use. I won't dare look at reviews for the device, I've got to get started on chores.

Reactions: newyork13

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Yes. I have it in black and in SS. Vaping two blacks at the moment. [emoji41]

I went with the Goon V1.5. I tend to like a little more airflow and thought it might be a better fit for my taste. I also ended up ordering a Reload X RDA as well since I figured out what was wrong with my mod, and figured why not spend the money I was prepared to spend anyways.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I am waiting for the dead rabbit tank

I noticed it's out now. The site I go to had it but it was a bit pricier than some other sites I've seen it on. If you get it let us know what you think. I am getting so much satisfaction from my Aromamizers, but I am intrigued by the Dead Rabbit.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I noticed it's out now. The site I go to had it but it was a bit pricier than some other sites I've seen it on. If you get it let us know what you think. I am getting so much satisfaction from my Aromamizers, but I am intrigued by the Dead Rabbit.
Nothing has beat the Mizer in a long time. I do not think I will ever retire mine. I do like the look of the Rabbit and I am down to try some things (not all) from time to time. Waiting until the dust settles and the general consensus is in. BUT, like you said, the general consensus is always so varied. I trust the few that I trust.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
I hope more Dead Rabbits come onto the market. I'm having trouble finding one in stock from my usual Australian suppliers.

What about the Dead Rabbit SQ 22mm? Is it any good ?

I should have said/added: if you are only dripping with the Dead Rabbit it may be fine. Where it gets “tricky” is squonking—getting it to wick, bottom—up.

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I should have said/added: if you are only dripping with the Dead Rabbit it may be fine. Where it gets “tricky” is squonking—getting it to wick, bottom—up.

I’ve been a dripper for 9 years, I can’t see that changing. Squonking is for snowflake cupcakes tourist vapers lol

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Anyone come across any new juices lately? My current favorite is King's Crest Don Juan Reserve-- It's described as a graham cracker crusted chocolate butter pecan pie, topped with a dollop of sweet whipped cream. The pecan pie part is the dominate flavor with hints of chocolate. I've also recently started vaping the Prohibition line of juices and love Sin Tax and Speakeasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread