Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Got it! If you like it, it's gourmet. :D

Ya I guess everyone has a different view as to what gourmet is. IMHO, gourmet to me is extremely complex juices with multiple (more than just two)layers and dimensiosn of different flavors, done extremely well.

Halos Voodoo to me is one of the best complex ones. At times when i vape it, another "star" of the show takes front seat. Sometimes it's the cinnamon, at times the black currant or plum but it still has other flavors bouncing around in the background. It's a very unique juice versus like a flat peach or watermelon with maybe a hint of lemonade.

five pawns Gambit is another one.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
What people like in a liquid usually changes over time. Most new members really like extremely strong flavors because from smoking your taste buds are shot. I notice newer people tend to gravitate to the flavors that can knock your socks off. I was like that when I started.

Sometimes a vape starts off good, but won't stand up long. Either from the hardware you're using or sweetners get really heavy. Heavy vanilla's and creams can do this too.

It's good to get lots of opinions from new vapors, but also check out threads from long time vapors as people's tastes tend to change the longer they vape.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Ya I guess everyone has a different view as to what gourmet is. IMHO, gourmet to me is extremely complex juices with multiple (more than just two)layers and dimensiosn of different flavors, done extremely well.

Halos Voodoo to me is one of the best complex ones. At times when i vape it, another "star" of the show takes front seat. Sometimes it's the cinnamon, at times the black currant or plum but it still has other flavors bouncing around in the background. It's a very unique juice versus like a flat peach or watermelon with maybe a hint of lemonade.

Five Pawns Gambit is another one.

I can see why that would appeal to people. My sister vapes a liquid that tastes like something different every time I try it.

I'm more of a purist- I like a really good single flavor. Trust me, from DIY most of the fruity flavors you pick up from a good supplier are never just one flavor. I don't know what kind of magic they put in, but I've tried to duplicate them. Not so easy.

Jewels

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Geez - things have sure changed from "back in the day" (2008) when the only place you could get ejuice from was China - the generic type of juice that all kind of tasted the same........

That was why I first got in to DIY - there was next to nothing to choose from (had to DIY to quit the stinkies as well - as the premixed juice just wasn't cutting it)!

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Is DIY hard? Guess I've never really looked into it...

It's not really hard at all. Sometimes making something you like is!

Instead of ordering liquid and getting it and not liking it, you can just whip up a new batch with DIY. Even if you don't DIY every liquid you vape, if you DIY one or two and buy the rest it's still a huge saving. It's also pretty convenient.

Lots of info in the DIY section.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I can see why that would appeal to people. My sister vapes a liquid that tastes like something different every time I try it.

I'm more of a purist- I like a really good single flavor. Trust me, from DIY most of the fruity flavors you pick up from a good supplier are never just one flavor. I don't know what kind of magic they put in, but I've tried to duplicate them. Not so easy.

I make the majority of our relatively simple liquid and only buy the ones I can't come close to. I just need to know who stocks that magic!

Sweetab

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Portland, OR
I must say that after trying Five Pawns, I am feeling kind of nauseated. Something in their juices is not to my liking. I have tried different ones, and there is some common denominator that disgusts me in all of them. I can't say what it is, but I can't stand them. Too bad. I like the layout of their company.

Sweetab

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Portland, OR
I'm trying to figure out what gourmet e-liquids is supposed to be.

By gourmet, I mean complex blends that are satisfying to the pallet on many different levels. Alice in Vapeland has very complex blends. There are no one dimensional flavors on their menu. The taste develops within your mouth/ exhale.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
The first one I grabbed out of my Five Prawns (yeah, it stuck in my head) sample pack was Absolute Pin, based on the description I figured it would be the one I liked the best. WRONG. I was disappointed over how much I did NOT like it. Made me worry that the others would be similarly disappointing. Once I tried Gambit, I was somewhat relieved. Found one I liked - still not sure it is full-bottle-worthy, though.

One thing I can say about the 4 of 5 that I have tried, they are all very "heavy" to my taste buds. Did you try them one after the other? If so, maybe it was overload?

And I still haven't worked up the nerve to try Grandmaster. I am telling you, that peanut butter that leads the description still scares me.

Being Canadian it is tough finding the Gourmet Juicers located Canada or ship here. I am quite disheartned knowing some of the great chefs don't ship here. EC Blend is one that I was looking forward to trying theirDragon Series, but to no avail they do not ship north of the border.

I have found some great Cdn suppliers. Jugheads is outstanding, well worth the wait.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I must say that after trying Five Pawns, I am feeling kind of nauseated. Something in their juices is not to my liking. I have tried different ones, and there is some common denominator that disgusts me in all of them. I can't say what it is, but I can't stand them. Too bad. I like the layout of their company.

I kind of know what you're saying because my friend and I had a vape night (excuse to get together to drink and she can get alone time from her twins!) and we did a ton of Five Pawns. It felt heavy and actually I felt kind of sick.

Mistake one: trying to many of their flavors right in a row and
mistake two: vaping too much too soon.

I couldn't pick them up again for a couple of days. I then eased into a few vapes after dinner of Grandmaster and it was like day and night. So I can do Five Pawns in smaller doses especially if I have a sweet tooth. Now my friend and I both love Grandmaster and Gambit. We now split the 30 ml bottles so we can get half of each.

A whole 30 ml is a lot of a sweet, heavy vape. I wish they came out with 15ml sizes.

Sweetab

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Portland, OR
The first one I grabbed out of my Five Prawns (yeah, it stuck in my head) sample pack was Absolute Pin, based on the description I figured it would be the one I liked the best. WRONG. I was disappointed over how much I did NOT like it. Made me worry that the others would be similarly disappointing. Once I tried Gambit, I was somewhat relieved. Found one I liked - still not sure it is full-bottle-worthy, though.

One thing I can say about the 4 of 5 that I have tried, they are all very "heavy" to my taste buds. Did you try them one after the other? If so, maybe it was overload?

And I still haven't worked up the nerve to try Grandmaster. I am telling you, that peanut butter that leads the description still scares me.

I tried the grandmaster! I did like that one. I tried them back to back. Gambit grossed me out. There is some common component that makes me gag.

Sweetab

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Portland, OR
Being Canadian it is tough finding the Gourmet Juicers located Canada or ship here. I am quite disheartned knowing some of the great chefs don't ship here. EC Blend is one that I was looking forward to trying theirDragon Series, but to no avail they do not ship north of the border.

I have found some great Cdn suppliers. Jugheads is outstanding, well worth the wait.

That is too bad! You should check out the classifieds. Some people sell entire lots of juice! You might find some there :)

Sweetab

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Portland, OR
I kind of know what you're saying because my friend and I had a vape night (excuse to get together to drink and she can get alone time from her twins!) and we did a ton of Five Pawns. It felt heavy and actually I felt kind of sick.

Mistake one: trying to many of their flavors right in a row and
mistake two: vaping too much too soon.

I couldn't pick them up again for a couple of days. I then eased into a few vapes after dinner of Grandmaster and it was like day and night. So I can do Five Pawns in smaller doses especially if I have a sweet tooth. Now my friend and I both love Grandmaster and Gambit. We now split the 30 ml bottles so we can get half of each.

A whole 30 ml is a lot of a sweet, heavy vape. I wish they came out with 15ml sizes.

Yeah, I did like grandmaster. I might revisit that one. Vape night sounds like a fun thing! I wanna come! :toast:

Darkcraft

Oct 10, 2013
Dallas, TX
You'd probably be interested in Ms T's Bakery Essentials they have great flavors, but since I'm not a huge fan of VG it isn't my personal favorite. Everything you order is hand-made after the order, which is good and bad because it also increases shipping times. Definitely worth a shot though.

I've never even heard of Alice in Vapeland, but it sounds interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread