The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

best hassle free small rda for squonking

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by vapero, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vapero

vapero Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    monterrey,mexico
    well I'l looking for the most forgiving rda for squonking (it doesn't have to be a BF out of the box).

I have gone into squonking as it is the best hassle free vape I can get and it's working so far!

I've already converted most of my rdas to squonk so here is my list and thoughts on them.

rogue
    this is the best so far for me, I can oversquonk and have no issues, it never never leaks, vapor and flavor are great and the small profile makes it better.

derringer
    works really great on all departments except the leakiness if I oversquonk or put it in my pocket after squonking.

plumeveil
    leaks even with the bottom airflow holes blocked

quasar
    ok I guess, great flavor but prefer the rogue and the derringer

the ones I'm looking at

Hastur by Cthulhu

vecter

aeolus (too tall for me)

I would like the smallest profile posible in height
    don't need a juice well
    leak proof
    open and close airflow option
    single and dual coils
    leak proof (again)

what are your top ones?

• Like Like x 1
  2. drmarble

drmarble Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The Omerta is pretty darn leak proof. You can set it for top air intake and close off all air with a simple twist to prevent any leaking. It wasn't too hard to bf by notching the insulators. Lots of coiling options: single, dual, vertical and horizontal.

3. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    You've got some of the good ones already with a Derringer and Rogue...
    Other stuff I've seen around: Nectar, Stumpy, Hobo3, Manta

edit - Hmmm - with avoiding leakiness being a top priority, I'd say a Manta. Or another Rogue.

4. kkiet

kkiet Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2015
    Milwaukee, Wi
    The Stumpy is great

5. vapero

Mar 13, 2013
    monterrey,mexico
    I?m actually liking the stumpy for it's 2 post design but it will still leak as the derringer

6. JimzDogz

JimzDogz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Have you checked the Reo web site? They have several bottom feed ready attys available.

7. DoubleDZA

DoubleDZA Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2014
    South Africa
    RM4? .....:tumble:

The Atomic is old but gold.

• Like Like x 1
  8. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    The vector is very similar to the rogue,and very easy to mod for bottom feed.The only drawback to it is the fixed built in wide bore drip tip,but you can get a delrin top that will use a standard drip tip.

9. ckquatt

ckquatt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    My votes for the Odin and/or Nuppin! Love both of them! Great in single and dual coil applications!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

10. ElConquistador

ElConquistador Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    Oklahoma
  11. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    the Stumpy doesn't leak like the Derringer...the airholes are a little higher. Then again, I'm always running at least 1 Derringer and it doesn't leak either. I had to train myself though. The Manta is excellent and top air. I had 2 of my Aeolus V1's converted to bf and they're among my favorites but a little tall on a Reo. Perfect on a Tmod though. For low profile and top air, look into the REMatty. It's a little weird to build at first but there's a trick to it. Awesome flavor and vapor. It looks like a mini rogue. I love mine...many hate it.

12. Blackboar

Blackboar Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    I rarely get problems with my derringer, but I did learn to wrap a thin part of the wick lead under the coil to absorb the squonk a bit more. Just leave a small space under the coil for airflow.

The new Vortice from VS seems to be a pretty leak proof atty. the RM9 or Vector is also good against leaking. RM7 or Rogue is also a good option. But all these attys are bigger than the derringer if height is a concern for you.

13. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Haven't had any leaks from the Hastur, vapes great.

• Like Like x 1
  14. muzichead

muzichead Resident Knucklehead Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    I have 2 Hastur's and they are a great little atty for the price. Very easy to build on and the vape is great. As to the Stumpy, just picked one up off the classies and not as impressed as most with it so far. I use Ready X Wick in all my RDA's and have for almost 2yrs now and it isn't the best wicking for the Stumpy as the atty itself doesn't squonk and drain as well as most have lead some of us to believe. In fact, it doesn't drain well at all. So far it has leaked on my computer keyboard, cellphone, and a few other items and places. I am thinking it just might find its way back to the classies sometime soon. I have less leaking from all the RDA's I have bottom fed, but I think CH missed the mark on this one...

• Like Like x 1
  15. RickCain

RickCain Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2013
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I have all the atty's mentioned in this thread and the only one that doesn't leak is The Rogue. Vapes very nice and damn near impossible to make leak (unless you fill the atty with juice and turn it upsidedown).

• Like Like x 1
  16. element77

element77 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2012
    Atl, Ga
    The Forge from MCV Philippines is a winner for me, short and stubby, air feeds through tunnels cut into the deck so its a bottom air with the intake holes on the side, this configuration makes it tough to oversquonk and delivers excellent vapor flavor and density.
    Apex-BF-customs has em'
    other that are my favorites are no longer produced so no point in getting your hopes up by mentioning them,

17. vapero

Mar 13, 2013
    monterrey,mexico
    that one looks like a leaker to me

• Like Like x 1
  18. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    1)Manta2 or Rouge.
    2)Vector