Status
Not open for further replies.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
well I'l looking for the most forgiving rda for squonking (it doesn't have to be a BF out of the box).

I have gone into squonking as it is the best hassle free vape I can get and it's working so far!

I've already converted most of my rdas to squonk so here is my list and thoughts on them.

rogue
this is the best so far for me, I can oversquonk and have no issues, it never never leaks, vapor and flavor are great and the small profile makes it better.

derringer
works really great on all departments except the leakiness if I oversquonk or put it in my pocket after squonking.

plumeveil
leaks even with the bottom airflow holes blocked

quasar
ok I guess, great flavor but prefer the rogue and the derringer

the ones I'm looking at

Hastur by Cthulhu

vecter

aeolus (too tall for me)

I would like the smallest profile posible in height
don't need a juice well
leak proof
open and close airflow option
single and dual coils
leak proof (again)

what are your top ones?

Reactions: dsheik

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
the Stumpy doesn't leak like the Derringer...the airholes are a little higher. Then again, I'm always running at least 1 Derringer and it doesn't leak either. I had to train myself though. The Manta is excellent and top air. I had 2 of my Aeolus V1's converted to bf and they're among my favorites but a little tall on a Reo. Perfect on a Tmod though. For low profile and top air, look into the REMatty. It's a little weird to build at first but there's a trick to it. Awesome flavor and vapor. It looks like a mini rogue. I love mine...many hate it.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
I rarely get problems with my derringer, but I did learn to wrap a thin part of the wick lead under the coil to absorb the squonk a bit more. Just leave a small space under the coil for airflow.

The new Vortice from VS seems to be a pretty leak proof atty. the RM9 or Vector is also good against leaking. RM7 or Rogue is also a good option. But all these attys are bigger than the derringer if height is a concern for you.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I have 2 Hastur's and they are a great little atty for the price. Very easy to build on and the vape is great. As to the Stumpy, just picked one up off the classies and not as impressed as most with it so far. I use Ready X Wick in all my RDA's and have for almost 2yrs now and it isn't the best wicking for the Stumpy as the atty itself doesn't squonk and drain as well as most have lead some of us to believe. In fact, it doesn't drain well at all. So far it has leaked on my computer keyboard, cellphone, and a few other items and places. I am thinking it just might find its way back to the classies sometime soon. I have less leaking from all the RDA's I have bottom fed, but I think CH missed the mark on this one...

Reactions: element77

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
The Forge from MCV Philippines is a winner for me, short and stubby, air feeds through tunnels cut into the deck so its a bottom air with the intake holes on the side, this configuration makes it tough to oversquonk and delivers excellent vapor flavor and density.
Apex-BF-customs has em'
other that are my favorites are no longer produced so no point in getting your hopes up by mentioning them,

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
The Forge from MCV Philippines is a winner for me, short and stubby, air feeds through tunnels cut into the deck so its a bottom air with the intake holes on the side, this configuration makes it tough to oversquonk and delivers excellent vapor flavor and density.
Apex-BF-customs has em'
other that are my favorites are no longer produced so no point in getting your hopes up by mentioning them,
that one looks like a leaker to me

Reactions: CanadiVape
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread