Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've been thinking of getting an atty that takes heads for a while, just so I have an alternative to my rebuildable tanks in case I want or need to use one sometimes. Got a nautilus GT a few weeks ago and that seems to do me just fine.

I've tried BVC heads at 1.6 and 1.8 ohms and so far my preference between them is the 1.8's at around 8 watts for RDL use. Is there another head I should try before I buy a stock of them?

Edited: Realized my question was not clearly asked :)

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    No one seems to watch these subforums anymore which is why I post just about anything in the general forum to get some eyes until the mods move it. lol

I'm not well versed in Nautilus tanks anymore but I'm posting this to put you on the latest posts block and to say...

There are a few different coils you can use. They are all essentially nautilus coils, but some are marketed for different tanks and come with different coils.
    There's also a discontinued pod system by an Artery called the Artery
    Lady Q
    which is just a Nautilus coil in 0.7 ohms.

This can be helpful to know since you can often find these other coils for dirt cheap, at least in the USA. There may be others, but that's all I know.

Reactions: Ryedan

Storm52

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    I've been thinking of getting an atty that takes heads for a while, just so I have an alternative to my rebuildable tanks in case I want or need to use one sometimes. Got a Nautilus GT a few weeks ago and that seems to do me just fine.

I've tried BVC heads at 1.6 and 1.8 ohms and so far my preference between them is the 1.8's at around 8 watts for RDL use. Is there another head I should try before I buy a stock of them?

Edited: Realized my question was not clearly asked :)
    I've used 1.8 in the original nautilus since 2014. 4 volts (old provari) so around 7.4 watts. Works to me.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    No one seems to watch these subforums anymore which is why I post just about anything in the general forum to get some eyes until the mods move it. lol

I'm not well versed in Nautilus tanks anymore but I'm posting this to put you on the latest posts block and to say...

There are a few different coils you can use. They are all essentially nautilus coils, but some are marketed for different tanks and come with different coils.
    There's also a discontinued pod system by an Artery called the Artery
    Lady Q
    which is just a Nautilus coil in 0.7 ohms.

This can be helpful to know since you can often find these other coils for dirt cheap, at least in the USA. There may be others, but that's all I know.

Thanks for that @UncleJunkle. You've filled in some blanks in my knowledge about these coils.

Happy Easter to you and yours :)

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I've used 1.8 in the original nautilus since 2014. 4 volts (old provari) so around 7.4 watts. Works to me.

We seem to be on the same path here @Storm52. The longer I use the 1.8 ohm head, the more I'm preferring this one over the 1.6. But this is new to me and I don't want to buy a whack of them before I check out all my options :)

• Agree
    Reactions: Storm52

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Artery Pal One Pro (not Pal 2 or 2 Pro) coils are also just nautilus coils.

Artery PAL One Pro Replacement Coils 5PCS

I'm going to see if I can get any of these to try out, but being in Canada makes it a bit more 'interesting' :rolleyes:

Leave it with me UncleJunkle, I don't want to put you out looking up this stuff when I can search too. Plus I know what's likely available locally :thumb:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'm going to see if I can get any of these to try out, but being in Canada makes it a bit more 'interesting' :rolleyes:

Leave it with me UncleJunkle, I don't want to put you out looking up this stuff when I can search too. Plus I know what's likely available locally :thumb:

No biggie. I wasn't looking, per se. I happened to come across those Pal One Pro coils while searching for good deals to post.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    I realise I'm in the minority here, but I've had Nautilus Minis in regular rotation since November 2015 and after trying the 1.8 coils and the Triton Mini Clapton coils ( which ran hot for me ) I settled for the 1.6s. I'm vaping 16 strength clear menthol liquid at 8 watts and it's still working just fine for me, giving a satisfying flavoursome vape.

Actually one of the reasons for my choice was that I was spending a lot of time in Spain then and 1.6 coils were most readily found in Fuengirola where I lived.

I have noticed consistently over the years that a new 1.6 ohm coil quickly reads as 1.7 ohms after a few days - so I don't really know if apart from the Claptons there is a great deal of difference.

I also accept that as I smoked a pipe for more than 50 years my taste buds could be a bit compromised.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread