The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best high-end MTL mod and tank?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by regnum05, Apr 26, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. regnum05

regnum05 Full Member

Apr 26, 2019
    Hi everyone,

I've been using the Aspire Zelos 50W kit (with the Nautilus 2 tank) for a year now and I'm willing to invest a bit more and get something better.

I've been looking at the Innokin Zenith and the Kayfun V5/Prime tanks. Regarding mods, I looked at the Lost Vape Mirage DNA75c, as well as the Vaporesso Armour Pro and the Aspire Skystar.

What do you think is the best combination?

Thank you! :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    It's all a matter of personal preferences and the features that are important to the individual.

One of those ask 10 people get 12 different answers kinda things.

IMO the zenith is a step or two up from the nautilus2.
    I'm partial to provape power devices (no longer available) & Dicodes.

Are you looking for RBA type or replaceable head type delivery devices?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. smoked25years

smoked25years Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2018
    Best is probably made out of valyrian steel or vibranium and heated by the eternal flame. ;)

The Mirage is good. I got mine during the holiday sales for cheap but I think it's difficult to find now. I use mine with a clone of the Kayfun Prime.

You might also look for...

Aspire NX75-A (CNC machined from a solid block of aluminum!)
    Sbody Macro Classical (DNA 75 with an anodized aluminum shell)

Here's a size comparison. Unfortunately I don't have the Sbody Macro but I want one.

From smallest to largest --> Juul (pod) < Pico (18650) < Macro (18650 DNA75) < NX75A (18650) < Jac Vapour (18650 DNA75) < Mirage (21700 color DNA75C)

size-comparison.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    I like the Skystar but I don't vape MTL. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    And the drip tip is made out of the dragonglass from the mines of Molehill Mountain..

But sadly, those times are long gone as no one's made a new Valyrian RTA since the doom of Deeming, and I hear Ser Doug has fled to the Isle of Job for his very survival....

:SIGH:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mac-nutty

mac-nutty Moved On

Mar 2, 2019
    pub
    get in contact with a custom mod maker no point in spending money on a factory made when a custom isn't to much more expensive and most mod makers will give you a longggg warranty with it and it's made the way you want ur mod to be

board - dna best vape, power usage bit i haven't tryed a dnaC

on tank i like the manta mtl for custards and desert type juice, iv gone of kayfuns i feel they aren't worth the money -just my opinion-
    fruity or other types of juice i go for mu my animods doggie style
    if i have lots of different types of juice i pick up the dvarw mtl

tbh i find tanks rda's rdta's all shine with different types of juice ie if you get a doggiestyle and all you vape is custard you will be disappointed in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  8. gerrymi

gerrymi Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    For me...(a confirmed MTL vaper)...after buying/trying numerous Tanks/Mods/Pods over the years...

For Home...Zenith Tank with Sinuous P80 Mod...

For Out & About...Justfog Minifit (Pod)…

Favorite ejuice...Umbavape-WTA...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    As you seem to have liked the Nautilus, I'd recommend the Prime over the K5. The main difference is that the Prime has a tighter draw, although I also find it has a bit better flavour. Do you have any experience building your own coils, or is that something that will be new to you?

You'll want the Mirage if you're interested in trying temperature control. DNA is the hallmark of quality for TC. If you're not going to be using TC, the chip won't matter as much.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Just a note on the Mirage, it is out of production. What you find in stock, which is limited, is all that is available.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mac-nutty

mac-nutty Moved On

Mar 2, 2019
    pub
    i was looking at the minifit today due to how easy it is to build on but most reviews said the taste from it was rubbish

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    SXmini SL class is being discontinued, I've heard from a retailer.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  13. barkfunklerbunk

barkfunklerbunk Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Perfect mod and tank, every time I vape it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Moving to an rta is definitely going to be a step up from drop in coils. It may take a bunch of builds, but eventually you will nail it and reap the benefits. The kayfun prime is a great rta, and more suited to mtl then the v5. A couple other rtas that are great as well is the new kfl, but second batch not out yet. The darvw mtl rta is one of the best that has come out in the last 2 years along with the doggy style rta. As for mods, there are tons, but the DNA boards are some of the best, along with dicodes and yihi. I personally like smaller single 18650 mods under 80mm in height and under 40mm in width. They are a bit hard to find, as most mods are 2 or more batteries and big. For a fairly inexpensive mod, I really like the aspire nx75a, jac vapour mod, and hcigar mini DNA 75.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Ulton clones are supposed to have a very high regard, due to quality and 1:1 modeling.

They have a KF lite 2019 in 22mn and 24mm variants, at a fraction of the cost of an original.

• Like Like x 2
  16. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Definitely get the zenith or the newer version by innokin the zlide

If you are looking at an RTA have a look at the Ehpro True RTA - a lot of die hard kayfun and doggystyle users now use and love this RTA.

Mods - you can't go wrong with the lost vape mirage, if you can find one. They are getting pretty hard to find.

Another DNA options is the Jac Vapour series-b DNA 75w mod

My favourite non-dna mod is the Asmodus Colossal. It's compact, comfortable to hold and reliable

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Coolsiggy

Coolsiggy Senior Member

Only been vaping for 12 months but soon learned to love squonking and MTL, so far I find the Zenith best for pre-made coil and the Beserker best diy and the best flavor so far. I have a Digiflavor Etna and a Innokin Ares on the way. My favorite mod is a Pulse 90 (lite and simple) and a Smok species (touch screen). I tried a Kayfon clone...flavor similar to the Beserker but oh so fiddly to use and build on. The Beserker wins on flavor and so easy to build. The mtl/squonk combo is great for testing juice. Hope you find a good one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. BNEAT

BNEAT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Dude, you have impeccable taste...best tank ever
    thumbnail_IMG_4039.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Asvape Zeta is a cheaper option for an atomiser, but is liked a lot by Kayfun users.
    Asvape Zeta MTL RTA

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.