Best high-quality alternative to Blu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothym96

Jun 16, 2014
US
Hi everyone,

I'm 18 years old, and just joined the e-cig world. I bought Blu due to the marketing hype and it was the only thing I saw at a local store (Blu marketing team is pretty good LOL), but I'm just not impressed and it looks like others arent ether. Just not good vape production, and it leaves a nasty aftertaste.

So I ask you, what would you recommend that has nice style that Blu has, but is high end, high quality?

Many thanks!!

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
Perhaps try an innokin iTaste vv v3.0. It has a small form factor but it's square. USB charge is nice so you likely have chargers around that'll work. Get a mini tank for it. thread over here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...476013-innokin-itaste-vv-v3-owners-group.html has a lot of happy users. If you can go for a bigger form factor the MVP 2 has similar performance with more battery life and you can charge a phone off it.

They are both variable voltage and variable wattage regulated mods so you can tweak to your preference and juice. Peformance doesn't degrade as the battery gets low. Use variable wattage (cuz it acounts for differences between tank resistance) and start around 7 or so and tweak around there till you like it the most. Also the output doesn't have the "rattling" effect some of the other vv vw mods have which some claim impacts the quality of the vape whilst others equally argue against it mattering. The vv v3.0 does it the better way .. well if it matters. It has good safeguards built in and some bells and whistles like puff counts and auto shutoffs and such. Comes in many colors and wraps are available.

Thay are readily available at good prices. my vapor store comes to mind but check the forum sponser list for the best prices.

amolson

Verified Member
Jun 9, 2014
Reno, NV, USA
VERY expensive for what you get.

If you are looking for something that looks like a cigarette, I've heard great things about the Halo G6. Electronic Smokeless Cigarettes G6 | Halo Cigs

For a small, nice setup I'd pick the Innokin iTaste VV3 kit to start figuring out what you're looking for. Innokin iTaste VV v3.0 Starter Kit BEST PRICE ONLINE- MistHub (Since you can use it while plugged in, having a second battery isn't such a big deal.)

If you want dirt cheap, there's always EVOD 650mAh Variable Voltage Blister Pack Starter Kit - MyFreedomSmokes.com Their even cheaper blister pack kit is what I ended up with, but it's pretty similar.

Myself, if I'd known then what I know now, I'd get an MVP2 and a couple protank 2's with a pack of 5 extra heads, but I came pretty close. ;)

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
Doesn't appear like you can adjust the voltage, locked in at 3.7. I believe the spinner type evod's let you adjust the power. Seems like most folks end up going down the vw (provari, mvp, seomvar, vamo zmax) path or the mechanical mods. In my short experience I started on a vamo and I'm trying out a mechanical with a kick right now. Are you locked in on the cigerette width / form factor? Box mods are popular and comfortable in the hand but I haven't gone that route yet.

18x batterried are bigger and wider, like cigar width but can offer longer battery life. Also if you go with that fasion make sure you can get atomizer heads for it.

I have no knowledge or experience with that particular device. feature wise it's not on par with the iTaste or MVP... but I just didn't go for those either.

cooperator

Apr 2, 2014
Asia
I totally get the desire to have something that feel like a cigarette-I was the same way at first. The problems you describe do not, imo, have anything to do with Halo vs Blue, but the power of the batteries that are the size of the cigarette. They just don't taste as good, perform as well, produce much vapor, or last very long.

I suggest upgrading but keeping the blu around when you want the feeling of a cigarette in your hand. I always suggest vision spinners with a kanger mini protank on top for your first upgrade. You will be shocked at the quality of the taste and vapor. I still use mine when I'm out and about, but the ciggie-like batteries were trashed within a month.

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
VERY expensive for what you get.

If you are looking for something that looks like a cigarette, I've heard great things about the Halo G6. Electronic Smokeless Cigarettes G6 | Halo Cigs

For a small, nice setup I'd pick the Innokin iTaste VV3 kit to start figuring out what you're looking for. Innokin iTaste VV v3.0 Starter Kit BEST PRICE ONLINE- MistHub (Since you can use it while plugged in, having a second battery isn't such a big deal.)

If you want dirt cheap, there's always EVOD 650mAh Variable Voltage Blister Pack Starter Kit - MyFreedomSmokes.com Their even cheaper blister pack kit is what I ended up with, but it's pretty similar.

Myself, if I'd known then what I know now, I'd get an MVP2 and a couple protank 2's with a pack of 5 extra heads, but I came pretty close. ;)

Yeah, I had a bud recommending the mvp and that would have been such a better buy then the vamo I ended up with. For some reason the box mod was a turn off for me at first, but now it's really growing on me after dealing with the I want an 18650, and vw (chip module or kick), and a decent capacity tank. Hey do you like my flute :) An 18350 with a kick is doing alright size wise though. The box feels nice in the hand and make good use of the space. Will be adding one (but prolly not an mvp) to my small but growing collection at some point.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
If OP wants "nice style" like the Blu, in a ciga like, then you can't beat the little joyetech eRoll......classy, looks like an iphone, charges in it's own case you can carry around:
Joyetech eRoll, Mini Electronic Cigarette

^^^ it IS a cig-a-like, not a mod. Just sayin......same size as a cig

VBdev, If you like box shape you may want to check out bottom feeder REOs. Much loved mod by many, not for everyone but you may love it.

Last edited:

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
If you're wanting the form factor of a cigarette I would suggest the eroll from joyetech. It puts out a decent amount of vapor and it's a small refillable tank. The kit comes with a rechargeable case that you can the use to keep
The batteries charged similar to boy; it's much easier to refill. I would suggest getting an extra "atomizer cone" if you go those route; then you can have two totally set up, one you can charge while you are baking on the other.
Review
http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/2013/01/28/the-emini-aka-eroll-review/

If you decide to buy
http://www.joyetech.com/product/eRoll.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have a variety of "cig-a-likes"... some bought, some borrowed, some sent for review.

My favourite is possibly a Joyetech 510 manual with a low resistance cartomizer. (6.5 watts?)

For the money, it's much better than most of the "kits" you can buy. Kits are sort of OK, but they can be extortionately expensive and offer nothing special at all.

I also find companies that advertise things as "was $79.99, now $49.99" nothing more than the lowest of the low-like scum of the e-cig business. Read into that what you will.

2 Joyetechs, a charger and 5 pack of boges is $45 (in the UK).

but, sadly, an iTasteVV is far better and cheaper too (in the UK)...

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
If you are ok with your Blu cartos, try using them on an Ego. I have these tiny Egos, i think they are 350, maybe 400 mAh. cant remember.
Not exactly like a cigalike. But i must emphatically state--Blu batteries are just suck sauce. The little Egos fit inside the palm of your hand.
You can still enjoy your Blu cartos, and you will love them on an Ego battery. Battery life lasts longer.

I am a rebuildable addict. But i still rawk the Blu disposable during inclement weather. I even know which gas stations sell the freshest ones :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread