The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

best juices for throat hit?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by D4RTH VAP3R, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. D4RTH VAP3R

D4RTH VAP3R Full Member

Jan 14, 2012
    olathe
    I'm wondering what some juices are that provide a strong throat hit and if I need to go with pg over vg? Here is a list of liquid I've used. I plan on getting a silver bullet soon but currently use a ego maniac from good prophets with a 1.5 ohm lr 306 cisco atty and a xl drip tip from avid vaper.

List of juices that are good but didn't satisfy

From pinkspot all 36mg- pink spot, blue spot, frozen lime drop, ta
    Code:

hiti breeze, and only have swagger which is my current vape

From vapers corner (local kc vendor)- bubble gum, pina colada, blueberry

Goodprophets- hpno, bananna cream pie, butterscotch, caramel apple, rad bull

Those are the only vendors and juices I have tried and like I said they're good tasting but not a strong throat hit and I do know I will never find one like cigarettes but please help

Thanks,
    Gabe :2cool:

2. TamiP

TamiP Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2012
    Illinois
    I'll let someone a lot more knowledgeably on the subject than myself answer, but I am surprised that any of those 36 mg flavors didn't do the trick. It could be something with your method, or your PV, because it's usually the nicotine level that produces the throat hit, from what I understand, and have experienced.

3. dotma

dotma Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2011
    Spokane, WA
    wow, at 36 mg i would think you would get a great throat hit. I think once your SB arrives, you will find higher voltages really nice.

The ones i have found that i thought had the strongest TH were dekang. I usually use 6 mg juice and ordered the Dekang just to try their Camel flavor, which i really like, and it is 18 mg and i thought it had a really strong TH.

4. Patrick21

Patrick21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

depending where your buying from i would say if your going to liberty flights these are the best

VG Clove Black 24MG
    VG Menthol 24MG (The name is litterally just 'Menthol' even though there is other menthol types)

If you mix these two up you get a nice flavour, clove black a bit too strong for some people on its own.

5. Odium

Odium Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2011
    TX
    24Mg Atomic Cinnacide is crazy throat hit

6. Patrick21

Patrick21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

what type of th is it, sharp or smooth?

7. D4RTH VAP3R

D4RTH VAP3R Full Member

Jan 14, 2012
    olathe
    I've heard dekang was good. And haven't checked liberty flights but I do know that 36mg is high but even as I'm smoking this swagger that 36mg its just not there and it could be my pv. Could be the atomizer not sure. Flavor and vapor are there for sure

8. D4RTH VAP3R

D4RTH VAP3R Full Member

Jan 14, 2012
    olathe
    I heard that the cinnamon flavored stuff like red hots or hot tamale type of cinnamon could ruin atty. Is this true?

9. dearme

dearme Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    Colorado
    What's your PG/VG? More PG equals more TH. 80/20 is the most popular choice as it does the trick for a lot of members and works well in cartos and carto tanks without a lot of fooling around.

10. Odium

Jul 4, 2011
    TX

Sharp at first but you get used to it and it begins to feel smooth lol

11. dearme

dearme Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    Colorado
    Some eliquids will gunk up your attys faster than others. I don't drip except to try new DIY flavors so don't know which those would be. You do have to be careful with cinnamon and some citrus liquids in a carto tank as they will cause cracks in the polycarbonate the tanks are made of.

12. Odium

Jul 4, 2011
    TX

It will make most cartomizers become useless about 2 days sooner then they would have with other juices but atomizers normally last just as long, but keep in mind the strong cinnamon flavor does remain on that atty and most other juices won't be able to kill off that flavor even after the atty is cleaned so I suggest dedicating a single atty to cinnamon vapes if you like cinnamon vapes

13. Richie G

Richie G Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2009
    Lawn Guyland, NY
    An LR atty and 36mg should be a great TH, Darth. Gotta wonder if your atty is defective or if it was, perhaps, mismarked and is really a HV atomizer. (higher resistance for 6ish volt vaping). If you have access to a multimeter we could get to the bottom of this rather quickly, be it the atty or batty or connection, etc.

That or your throat is lined with asbestos? =)

14. MastiffMike

MastiffMike The Spotted Tongue! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2009
    Dogville Estate
    Yep AC has great TH, but it's not for everyone. It can also be nearly impossible to remove the flavor from an atty/carto, so keep that in mind. Most of the cinnamin/red hots/menthol/etc. have good TH.

Yep! If you can tolerate PG, make sure you're going 70/30 or more PG!

Also as already mentioned, your PV will make a HUGE difference (as will the atty/carto's resistance). A standard "mini" at 3.2-3.4 volts doesn't hit as hard (nor as warm) as a 3.7v battery. And when you get higher than that it's even more pronounced! While everyone's different, many people find 3.7v with LR (1.5-1.7 ohm) or 5v with SR (2.8-3.0) to be ideal!

15. D4RTH VAP3R

D4RTH VAP3R Full Member

Jan 14, 2012
    olathe
    I know that the pinkspot isn't listed on site and was told it was 5050 on multiple reviews. I know vapers corner is not listed and the workers at the smoke shop by my house are clueless. And lastly the goodprophets juice vg gp mix an I have an all vg from them and the flavor is ry4. Is there a site you would recomend than option or a good ejuice site at all? I want a good butterschotch or anything when I have a sweet tooth. I like fruity for a wake up vape

16. D4RTH VAP3R

D4RTH VAP3R Full Member

Jan 14, 2012
    olathe
    Thanks for the help so far. I need to get something to test it. I haven't tried cartomizers yet which I should have but the 306 on my ego may not be doong the trick. I mean its got me 3 months without an analog or nasty cigarette but I know I'm not getting everything I can out of them.

17. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    VG dulls flavor and dulls nicotine hit and irritation

So yes, you should be trying juices that are high in PG if you want the nic hit coming through its best

As far as not crapping up attys/cartos goes, I stick with clear light juices. I wasted lot of money finding ones I like that are the PG/VG I want (around 80PG/20VG) and clear and don't drop any flavoring sediment but that's all I will use on a regular basis. I also don't use atomizers except occasionally at home - no matter how or how well I cleaned them they still degraded, just more slowly. I prefer single coil cartomizers - ecig's like new every time I start a fresh one.

18. subliminalurge

subliminalurge Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2011
    Quad Cities
    eh, not really. At this very moment I'm using 36 mg juice on a KGO with a 1.7 ohm carto, and there's really no throat hit to speak of. I'd buy 42 mg if anyone sold it.

(coming from a guy who used to break the filters off of his marlboro reds.....)

19. tippyclubb

tippyclubb Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    I'm like you, looking for that strong throat hit and have tried lots of juice but only one gives what I'm looking for. Mister-E- Liquid. Order Mr Eds menthol full flavor. It's a pure clean flavor of menthol and very strong. I vape this at 12mg so 36mg should give you what your looking for.

http://www.mister-e-liquid.com/

20. Odium

Jul 4, 2011
    TX

don't you be talking down bout my AC Mikey! I'll put that tongue into a twist quicker then you can yelp for help! LOL... But yeah AC isn't for everyone :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.