Status
Not open for further replies.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I'm close to ordering a Provari. I don't really have a color preference on the LED except if one of the colors is better for reading in bright sunlight. Now that some of you have your blue LED and green LED models in your hands, does there seem to be one that is more legible in sunlight?

Last edited:

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Can't say for certain, but I've read that the eye is more receptive to green light than any other color. If it's true then that would be the way to go. I've never had any trouble reading my red led in daylight and I have a blue one on the way to me now so I'll see if it's any harder to see. I doubt there will be any difficulty though.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I just got back from checking out my buddy's black mini with a green display (seems to be a popular combo). We took my my beater V1 red, my brand new V2 blue, and his mini green and set them up in direct sunlight. Aside from the glare on the display window, which wasn't really bad, all three were about equal in visibility. I think my blue looked the best, but that's just a father's pride :)

For what it's worth, the mini without the extention felt a little bit too small for me. It didn't look right with my satin silver extention but it felt quite nice. I may have to pick one of the mini's up.

frazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Rhode Island
For what it's worth, the mini without the extention felt a little bit too small for me. It didn't look right with my satin silver extention but it felt quite nice. I may have to pick one of the mini's up.

Isn't the mini with the extension cap the same size as the full size with standard cap?

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
It is actually a tad smaller which is sort of funny in an odd way. I figured that it would be the same size too. I use my full size with the regular cap every now and then but the mini with the extension actually feels better to me. Maybe because the extension has a more rounded end than the regular cap. I also saw pics of the new teardrop scallops on the body and thought that it was kinda ugly. When I actually saw it in hand, I thought it looked nice. It's like that saying about art, can't define it in words but you know it when you see it.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Not all of us Floridians are quite so lucky :)

Admittedly I rarely have to look at the display in direct sunlight or even bright lights. I do check my battery level every now and then, sometimes outside. It's kind of funny now that I think about it, since my batteries average around 16hrs of vaping. Shortest time I've ever had with the Provari was almost 13hrs. So I really shouldn't bother checking battery levels every few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread