Best Liquids for Dripping? (Less Throat Hit?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Alright so I just bought my first mech+dripper combo from the classies. The guy who sold it to me set me up with a dual coil build, I think somewhere from .3 to .5 ohms, I haven't tested that yet.
Everything is working fine, fires evenly and well, I think it may possibly be a little too hot for me, that or the 100% cotton gauze I'm using as wicking material isn't wicking enough.
Either way, I'm vaping 6mg Belgian Cocoa from Halo. I'm not sure on the pg/vg blend, but I'm guessing one of those is the reason I'm getting such harsh throat hit.
So my question is, what is the best liquid for dripping? I know this is subjective, but I'm just looking for a way to reduce my throat hit and get more vapor.
I'm at 6mg nicotine, Halo Belgian Cocoa right now, and I'm getting choked out.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks for the quick responses everybody, I was kind of thinking higher vg, less nic would more than likely do the trick, but really wasn't sure at all, I definitely wasn't aware cocoa could be so harsh, in my nautilus tanks, it totally doesn't kick that hard.
How about some of this 50/50 6mg MBV liquid I have sitting here, even though it's at six, do you all think it'll treat me better? I think I've still got some solar flare or lightning here.

I just noticed MBV has a build your own juice option, but I don't see unflavored as a choice. Anyone know how I'd get them not to flavor it?

Or better yet, anyone got a line on a good 3mg 100%vg unflavored liquid vendor?

sisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2014
Texas
MBV does Max VG with your choice of nic strength. There would be a small amount of PG that is the nic base.
Unflavored E Juice - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

Call B&Ms in your area to see if their nic is in a PG or VG base. PG is the most common nic base. If you know someone who does DIY and has nic in a VG base they can make it in a few minutes.

ETA:
If I were in your situation I would try what I have first. That would let you know if anything special is needed.

Last edited:

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
Thanks for the quick responses everybody, I was kind of thinking higher vg, less nic would more than likely do the trick, but really wasn't sure at all, I definitely wasn't aware cocoa could be so harsh, in my nautilus tanks, it totally doesn't kick that hard.
How about some of this 50/50 6mg MBV liquid I have sitting here, even though it's at six, do you all think it'll treat me better? I think I've still got some solar flare or lightning here.

I just noticed MBV has a build your own juice option, but I don't see unflavored as a choice. Anyone know how I'd get them not to flavor it?

Or better yet, anyone got a line on a good 3mg 100%vg unflavored liquid vendor?

Velvet Cloud Unflavored Nicotine Liquid (Bulk Bottle) | Velvet Cloud sells hand crafted all VG eliquid in a variety of gourmet recipes, including dessert, chocolate, tobacco and fruit vapor blends.

lucky_x16

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Glasford, Il
Okay, after taking a moment to think on that. Let me explain.
Dual coils in order to get a .3 or .5 ohm, you need to wrap 2 coils at either .6 or 1.0 ohms.
Just because your RBA is able to do 2,4, 6, or 8 coils does not mean everyone is ready for it.
Rip Trippers is my go to for most RBAs and builds. Watch a few of his entertaining yet informative videos.
I run two RBA's: Dark Horse (can handle up to 8 coils @ 1 coils .7 ohms, and my new favorite: Vulcan (can handle up to 8 coils as well, but has a deeper basin, and I am running 2 coils @ .75 ohms.
Starting sub ohming at the lowest safe ohms your taste buds may not be ready for it.
Just my 2 cents.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Let me get some info on your rig first off what atomizer are you using? How do you have your airflow set? Make sure your airflow is centered in front of the coils otherwise you will experience warmer and more burned taste. I drip 10/90 VG @ 4 mg of nicotine and it is smooth and delightful if your wanting a smoother vape try berry and cream mixtures to start vanillas and custards are a nice smooth vape as well but most everyone you ask will tell you decrease your PG value and increase your VG value to reduce throat hit and harshness and if you are vaping a .3 ohm build keep your nicotine level @ 6 mg or less that will also help with harshness and it will also keep you from getting a major head buzz. Check out this guy at Wake-N-Vape E-liquids on Facebook he does a max VG dripping line of juices and will also do one of a kind custom blends for you I use his stuff exclusively now and it is fantastic flavors at a really good price. Good luck and I hope that helps you.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks again for all the advice everyone, I've been watching rip trippers and others for awhile now, and have been lurking the forums for awhile too, so I have a decent handle on at least getting started.

So I rewicked the coils with some koh gen do, and loaded it up with some MBV Hawk Sauce at 50pg/50vg 6mg of nicotine, and all I can say is OH MY! I suddenly see what all the hubub is about with rbas and mech mods. I'm running what I believe is a .3 or .5 ohm dual coil setup in an asMODus 26650 rba on a 26650 Fat Snow Wolf.

I may still need to cut back on pg and nic content a little, but I'm definitely able to take a much bigger draw of this stuff than that Halo liquid I was using before, and I'm getting much more vapor.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I started adding 10% distilled water in my DIY mixes to tone the harshness down with sub ohm. Also dropped the nic down and flavoring down. Water really helps with the dry cough type of hits. I'll give examples of the changes needed:

My "Cloud" mix: 89% VG 10% distilled water 1 mg/ml nic no flavoring
My "all day" mix: 10% distilled water 4% yum berry 4% red bull 8mg/ml nic rest is all VG

Every rebuildable has different characteristics. Juice should be tailored accordingly.

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
Thanks again for all the advice everyone, I've been watching rip trippers and others for awhile now, and have been lurking the forums for awhile too, so I have a decent handle on at least getting started.

So I rewicked the coils with some koh gen do, and loaded it up with some MBV Hawk Sauce at 50pg/50vg 6mg of nicotine, and all I can say is OH MY! I suddenly see what all the hubub is about with rbas and mech mods. I'm running what I believe is a .3 or .5 ohm dual coil setup in an asMODus 26650 rba on a 26650 Fat Snow Wolf.

I may still need to cut back on pg and nic content a little, but I'm definitely able to take a much bigger draw of this stuff than that Halo liquid I was using before, and I'm getting much more vapor.

get yourself a bottle of VG and cut any juice that is too strong(harsh). halo is known for a strong throat hit and in a dripper it is too strong for me. you can "tweak" your juice to make it just right in your dripper. i use kayfuns for on the go and a magma when at home. most of the juice i vape i have to cut a little bit to run in the dripper. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread