Best material for Ego mega atoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kufu Kahn

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
Washington State
Hi, I have been working with the Fluval for the eGo mega attys and carts. I think I have fine tuned it to my requirements and it seems to be working well after three days usage. I cut a square of Fluval 1" x 1" x 1/2" thick and rolled it into a tube with the fibers running with the length of the tube. Insert the tube into the cartridge with the fibers running the length of the cart. I have filled this arrangement with a syringe from the bottom by inserting it along a side of the cart to the bottom and filling until I see liquid on top then tucking all the edges down while setting the top of the Fluval just below the top of the cart. No leaks in three days.

The original polyester filling leaked on about half of the stock carts. I first tried Fluval because it is much cheaper than the aquarium foam.

Hope this helps.

hello brunal,

i just found this video, MistBusters- Super Ultra B.A. eGo Mega Cart Mod Awesomeness, on YouTube for modding a eGo mega/type A cylinder cartridge, and it looks as if it solves a lot of problems that the eGo mega cartriges have all at once - except the problem of a super simple cart mod.

it's got a straw with a "v" knotch so it's both fast to top off (relieves positive air pressure under the drips) and wicks well (relieves negative air pressure allowing faster wicking); the straw is centered, so if it gets full of fluid it'll drip onto the wire mesh on the bridge; it's got lots of fluval to hold liquid and prevent excessive flow (but there may still be a need to be mindful of which direction the cartridge is pointing depending on how much fluid is in the cartridge); and it's got two wicks - the fluval and the tea bag wrapped around the straw. it couldn't be more complicated except for denser material near the edges of the cartridge opening, which may be why he packs the fluval around the opening of the cartridge the way he does.

my first PV is my ProtoPype, and even though I own two Joye eGo batts and one eGo in-line batt, i find myself preferring the ProtoPype with the eGo Mega/Type A cylinder system (silica wick removed from the atomizer [how's that damn thing supposed to get wet when it's located under the bridge?])... point being that i'm holding the reason i know he's a good craftsman, so if he likes this eGo mega cart mod, i think i'll like it, so i'm going to try it (my Tasty Vapors deserve something better than what the polyester and silica deliver). i feel like i'm getting a bit bipolar now, better quit writing and vape a little more.

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread