Best Mod+Tank to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haitham

May 26, 2018
Hi All
I would appreciate your help and recommendation for which mod and tank I should buy
I already have evic + uwell crown 1
I want to get new set. I want something that is durable, attractive, temperature control, and long-lasting battery life
the main I want from the tank is flavour, be able to build ss coils
thanks in advance
Haitham

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Well, a couple choices for mods are the Geekvape Aegis Legend

Geek Vape Aegis Legend 200W Starter Kit | Vape Kits

(They have stealth black in stock)

Of course, there is the regular Aegis which is a single battery mod (instead of the legends two battery capacity) if a single battery mod is enough for your vaping needs..you can pick it up cheaper atm since the legend just came onto the market..

Geek Vape Aegis 100W TC Box Mod | Single 18650/26650 Device

(Gunmetal is still in stock - limited time only)

The aegis is the most durable mod on the market today for the least amount of money..Shock proof, water resistant, etc etc etc.

As for RTA's it depends a lot on your vaping style... it seems your a medium wattage (35 - 40 watts) DL vaper?

This isn't my area quite so much but the serpent mini is a fine single coil RTA which may suit you..

Others might have other, and better, suggestions for rebuildable tanks in the range you might vape in..

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
thanks for the reply
so DNA and YIHI chips are not important and doesnt affect the vaping quality ?

The Aegis has a very good chip in it.. from discussion, v.1.0 didn't have any tc problems whereas some later versions did:

Geek Vape Aegis Firmware Update Concerns

Certainly you'd want to make informed choices but many companies make mods with fine chips in them and you don't necessarily need to spend the money on a DNA chip.

That said, DNA chips are good, and you might like to look into a paranormal DNA 250c.. early buyers seem happy.

Paranormal DNA 250C TC 200W Box Mod

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
RTA's are pretty nice but nothing will beat the flavor of a rda.

Maybe it's just the juices that I have tried, or the tanks vs drippers I have tried, but I really don't notice much difference between them even less after 1 or 2 hits. Now I will say that to make the comparisons more accurate I used the exact same coils in both.

First round years ago was Smok ARO's VS Igo-L both with rebuilt 1/16" Kanthal A1 micro coils. I couldn't even tell a difference in flavor.

More recently I have tried Smok TF-RTA and Serpent SMM vs Hadaly and Entheon clones, ALL with 3mm 26ga SS316L coils in TC mode with the same settings. The 2 drippers are SLIGHTLY better for the first 1 or 2 hits after a fresh drip than the SMM, but after that they are just wicking from the well below which is what a tank does all the time. So the flavor and vapor were practically identical between these 3. I will say that in all cases the 2 drippers and the SMM were a slight bit better than the TF-RTA but I think this may have to do with the fact it is bottom AF while the other 3 are side AF. Even then the difference wasn't huge.

My overall conclusion are that AF, coil, and wicks are MORE important and make a bigger difference than if it's a dripper or not, and that with the same coil and AF there is little to no difference beyond 1 or 2 puffs per drip. To me the advantages of not having to constantly drip far outweigh the taste difference for 2 puffs every so often. I do use my drippers and I like them, but I don't see them as some holy grail of flavor. I will say that ALL of the tanks and drippers I have tested are single coil. It is possible that there is more difference between dual tanks and dual drippers. I should also point out that in ALL cases I was using simple round wire coils. It may be possible that using exotic fused alien framed staple ultra mega coils will showcase flavors differently between tanks and drippers. I will also add that my "methods" are not necessarily "scientific" and my experience may or may not be your own. This is just what I have tried and what my opinions of the results were.

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
The 2 drippers are SLIGHTLY better for the first 1 or 2 hits after a fresh drip than the SMM, but after that they are just wicking from the well below which is what a tank does all the time. So the flavor and vapor were practically identical between these 3.
Although i find that my rta has good flavor it'll never come close to my Rda, I drip about 10-15 drops and i get much much much better flavor for more than 2 puffs (more like 5-10) , and the flavor stays consistant until i drip again.Even with the same build same juice and everything the taste is that much more intense on rdas imho,but like you said your experience might not be everyone elses.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Although i find that my rta has good flavor it'll never come close to my Rda, I drip about 10-15 drops and i get much much much better flavor for more than 2 puffs (more like 5-10) , and the flavor stays consistant until i drip again.Even with the same build same juice and everything the taste is that much more intense on rdas imho,but like you said your experience might not be everyone elses.

Going to need more specifics. "My rta", "my rda", and "same build" aren't a helpful comparison. Which rda, which rta, what build(s) used?

Reactions: stols001

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Going to need more specifics. "My rta", "my rda", and "same build" aren't a helpful comparison. Which rda, which rta, what build(s) used?
not that it matters to me but i use the drop rda and the kensei rta i i had 2 Ss builds (3mm id .25 0hms) at 490F with 87 watts great flavor and cloud production for my taste even if it was better in the drop every single time.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
not that it matters to me but i use the drop rda and the kensei rta i i had 2 Ss builds (3mm id .25 0hms) at 490F with 87 watts great flavor and cloud production for my taste even if it was better in the drop every single time.
Still, it’s a moot point as the OP clearly asked about tanks.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well the issue with rebuildable tanks is often the wicking can be harder than in an RBA (dripper). I find my best RTAs (tanks) have large decks, are easy for me to build and wick, and I use simple round SS wire to make my builds.

You requirements may be a bit different as you are a sub0hm vaper. I can't really give a specific recommendation, it is certainly true that starting with a dripper can be easier in some ways (mainly wicking).

Do you have any more specifics about what kind of resistance you would like, whether you would want a single or dual coil RTA and etc.? I just think you'd probably get better advice if you can be a bit more specific. Etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
he said he wants to be able to build SS so we started talking about rebuodables

From the OP's wording he was asking about RTA's specifically - not general wording which included all rebuildables..

It's fine to suggest an RDA or two if you think it would be better for him - remembering that RDA's for many are far from convenient - but it's good also to suggest something in the category that he is asking, which is RTA's..

that is what the @DeloresRose was pointing out since there was huge debate over RDA's when the OP was asking about RTA's, given his own wording..

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Whats best for me might not be for you. Its a hard question to ask other people and youll get many different answers. To find the best for you, do your research, go to a b&m and look and if they have their shop setup for it, try out different mods. You are really the only person who can decide whats the best. And when you find that mod and tank, it will be the best. Until, of course, shinyitis sets in and you start looking for something better....sorry, i had to throw that in there too...:D

Haitham

May 26, 2018
thanks all for the replies
to be honest, I know that there is personal preference in choosing the mod and tank, but as I'm not expert at all, I cant chose. The problem is that I live in Cairo, Egypt. we don't have many stores and we don't have stores that offer trying mods or tanks before buying. I will order the mod and tank from the USA so that is why I'm trying to get recommendations so I chose
I only tried one mod (EVIC mini) and one tank (uwell crown) I usually vape at 40 watts
I cant say anything about other vaping experience with other tanks or mods as i never tried. I can only say that i want good flavor and fair clouds. im not looking for cloud chasing mods and tanks
I read that temperature control saves coils and juice and maybe will be less harmful
Ii need ur suggestions for the mod and tank and maybe I can also try a dripper
thanks again

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
You could do worse than a Pico mod. Small and cheap, $25 from China. That's assuming you were OK with a removeable 18650 battery. It does TC, not great but it works for me. Goes up to 75W. An Istick costs a little more, it has a built in battery which would last longer between charges.

Other than that you could pay more for something nicer looking with better TC and a bigger battery, but I can't help you with advice on the higher end stuff.

TC may be safer. It stops you getting the coil too hot and in the range where it might produce some dodgy compounds, especially if you chain vape too enthusiastically. That will also stop you burning wicks and coils if you let the tank get empty.

Can't help at all with tanks. I vape between 8 and 12 watts so the tanks I'm familiar with wouldn't do much for you. In the range you vape at there are so many choices, I don't envy you trying to figure it all out. Especially being where you are and not able to check stuff out in stores. My advice is take your time and read on ECF, anything you might be interested in will be discussed here somewhere.

good luck

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The problem is that I live in Cairo, Egypt. we don't have many stores and we don't have stores that offer trying mods or tanks before buying. I will order the mod and tank from the USA so that is why I'm trying to get recommendations so I chose
I only tried one mod (EVIC mini) and one tank (uwell crown) I usually vape at 40 watts
I cant say anything about other vaping experience with other tanks or mods as i never tried. I can only say that i want good flavor and fair clouds. im not looking for cloud chasing mods and tanks
I read that temperature control saves coils and juice and maybe will be less harmful
Ii need ur suggestions for the mod and tank and maybe I can also try a dripper.
Well, in my opinion you already have one of the best tanks on the market. The original Crown has been around for 3 - 4 years, continues to be popular, has four choices of coil options (including temp control), and has tank/coil availability throughout the world.

Concerning the battery device, what don't you like about the Evic Mini? Or rather, what do you like about it?

I prefer using compact single battery mods simply because they travel well in a pocket and are more comfortable to grip in my hand (I don't mind carrying a spare battery with me in a plastic case if I'll be away from home for a long period of time). I use a JAC Vapour series B DNA75W; I feel a DNA chip is more battery efficient and provides a smoother vaping experience. JAC Vapor series B DNA75W

I did a review for the Geek Vape Aegis Legend. It's a little larger and heavier than my personal preference, but it is indeed a fine product that should last for years. Highlights are it is shock proof, water proof, and dustproof. Aegis Legend Kit - Geekvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread