Best of the Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
OK vape fans - I think this will be OK with the moderators because it will end up as a thread of reviews........

I've been using the 601 pipe for months now - I love it - that's my review. But my wife wants to start using an ecig and I would like all you guys to throw in a tell me what your favorite PV is and why yours is the best.

I've got a 901 ecig that I bought before the pipe, and it's OK, but the battery life sucks and if you accidentally leave it pointing filter down, it leaks juice into the mouthpiece - not a happy thing.

So step up, shout out, and tell us why your PV is king!

Thanks so much,

Ed Williams

easyhgf

Mar 7, 2010
London
Hi Dallas Ed.

Nice to hear you. Im in the UK.

Firstly, before you go any further, simply try buying a KR808D-1 Battery. It can be used with your 901. Its not just going to change your impressions of the 901, but its a convenient battery to have lying aroung. Can be used with the 901 easy.
You may want to get a KR808 starter kit so you can try the cartomizer method too. That way youll have 2 KR batteries.
In fact, whatever you do decide on purchasing whatver it is (even if you purchase a diamond set mega mod ecig or GG or Super T or whatver), you might as well (and should) include 2 KR batteries (£7 each) in your order just so you can know what you have been missing all this time ( I cant believe youve only done the 901 on its own battery). I dont think youll regret it.

Try it and tell me the difference - its makes a huge difference using your 901.

Secondaly, if you want to experiment buy a:
801 Battery
and if you want, a 501 Battery for example an eGo battery or a Riva battery.

Then buy a 801 to 901 adaptor (£3) and a 510 to 901 adaptor (£3).

Then use your 901 with the KR8081-D battery, and then with the 801 battery using the adapor and then the 501 battery using the adaptor, and then with just the Riva (doesnt need an adaptor as it is already made for a 901 and has a 901 thread).

so youll have
1) 901+KR battery
2) 901+801 battery (need screw on adaptor)
3) 901+501/ego battery (need screw on adaptor)
4) 901+Riva

Ive tried 1, 2 and 3.

For months 901+KT Battry (no.1) was unbeatable - it still is. It blows away the 901+901 battery and then some. There is no comparison.

BUt then, after vaping on my B112 Attomizer+801 Battery (they are made for each other even if they arnt sold together), and liking the really easy natural draw, i got an adaptor for my 901, and yes, the 901 vapes a little more naturally and effortlessly on a 801 battery then a KR Battery (which itself vapes much more naturally then a 901 battery) but the TH is a little bit diminished, which lead me to believe best 901 is a 901+KR battery.

Ive just begun ... i could go on ... but I wont becuase these can be headaches to read, but to summerise just on a 901 Attomizer level:

901+adaptor+801 battery is similar to 901+KR Battery, but both combinations >>>FAR EXCEED in every department and experience >>>> the 901+901 Battery.

So, imo (and in the opinion of many others on this board i would think) whatver you end up buying as a kit for your wife, throw in the KR8 auto batteries (they come with buttons, but i prefer auto) - they are very handy to have around (last very long and match very well with the 901 and give it more kick).

Id definately buy the KR801 battery (£7) if i was you just to understand and be able to compare subsequent attomizer and battery discussions.

To answer your question though, My "best" ecig so far is the BE112+801 Battery but thats with my best ejuice too - Johnsons Creek. Its a different league and entirely different ecig then if i use other 'normal' eliquids on it (which i have done and dont get the same satisfaction).

So, id say eliquid is As if not MORE important on satisfaction of ecig use, and I would say there is no better all round juice then Johnson Creek or its Red Oak range. Again , it makes all my ecigs completely different and more natural/powerful ecigs.

Word of note: On my BE i use soft-spongy tip cartridges. I dont know if these are 801 or RN Penstyle carts or even BE Carts (I threw away the boxes, manuals and packaging so I cant remember). I do know that one set of cartridges I bought had hard plastic ends - like the 901, 501 or any other ecig - but one set had a bitable, chewey tip, which adds to the natural and very comfortable feeling of vaping on my BE112. You can vape on it better in my opinion and "bite" the end as you could a real cig/cigar.
i think the tip is an 801 whistletip.

Having said that about my "favourite" ecig, I alternate using it with the 901+KR battery using Cigar elquid which gives me a great vape. tonnes of vapour and a good + strong TH.

I have no mod yet. I may get a Little Sister Variable Voltage box mod (cheapest variable voltage i think) to try vaping on a higher voltage and find my sweet spot. But ease of draw is important for me, so i want to wait to get a variable voltage variable draw machine instead!

Having said all that though - I still prefer smoking! ha ha!

Would you recomend me the 601 pipe? Would that help me stop smoking completely!?!?!?!

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I have to say out of all the numerous pvs Ive tried the Buzz from notcig is the best. The little sister would be okay if it used bigger batteries but The buzz will let you fine tune any cartridge, carto and e-liquid to it's intended and ultimate level. The other pvs and mods just sit now and in fact I gave 2 of them away that I'll never use because of how great the Buzz is.

Jumi

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2010
Athens, Greece
I have three favorites for three different reasons... Haven't tried a VV mod yet to see if it has a place in my top list.

1. GGTS: One cig to rule them all :p It can get every possible battery, every possible atomizer / cartomizer and it cannot stop working while I am away from home (fully mechanical and indestructible). It's switch position looks awkward at first until you try it, then you see that is extremely comfortable. It also has great safety features (spring fuse, vent holes). If I was limited to one mod only, this would be my choice.

2. Icon: The most beautiful ecig I have ever seen, stainless steel and also indestructible (fully mechanical). It has a great switch which is in a very comfortable position. It is heavy for its size but I find its weight pleasant. It uses 14500 batteries (unprotected, AW P and AW IMR for sure, others maybe). This is the ecig you want to carry when you go out. A really lovable device.

3. 510 Wetbox: Nothing can beat a wetbox* while driving... Or when doing something that leaves no time to drip all the time... It is very simply made, a plastic case that holds a 14500 battery and a bottle with a needle which you squeeze to feed the cartomizer when needed. But its simplicity is only a plus, it is very easy and enjoying to use. Also, the 510 cartos it uses are great! If only it was made of metal with a higher AMP rated switch (waiting impatiently for the UMP...).

*I am talking about wetbox because that's the only bottom juice fed mod I tried. I believe the same experience will be true for any other manually bottom juice fed mod. AFS/AVS are also great but for some reason I - personally - enjoy manual feeders better.

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
I also have 3 favorites :

The Tekkie Mod : lasts me 3 days without charging...I take this everywhere with me, it holds my candy cane liquid.

The Reo : Fantastic self juicing device, I keep this one at home for my TV time. I keep wintergreen in it.

The Little Sister Variable volt Mod : This one Rocks...I take it everywhere with me, it holds my Butterscotch Cookie.

These 3 see daily use...everyday. love them all :)

ShannonS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2009
Las Colinas, TX
Ego with mega attys and carts are my most satisfying vape to date. I can vape 36mg juice on my 501 but it's too strong with a mega atty and cart. You just get tons of vape with the thing. When I go back to the 501 it feels like I'm sucking a golf ball thru a straw.

I've got a reo in the mail and I'm very excited about trying it. I wanted a Kaji mod too but I was stalled because they are coming out with the new mod very soon.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I am new to mods...have about 3 coming in to me as we speak.(MAYBE 4 after tomorrow):D ..I quit analogs on the Riva....and am still using it...can't beat it w/ LR atty...love it...Just got my sxhaler today...Been using it for about an hour...so far I like it...but am trying different attys with it....higher voltages coming in soon! Can't wait for them.... :vapor:

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Hey - thanks everybody.

You've given me a lot to think about.

easyhgf,

I got the 601 pipe because of the cart and battery size. I chain-vape just like I did cigarettes, and I needed a PV that didn't need a new battery and a cart refill once an hour! It works for me. I went about a month smoking and vaping before I stopped the smoking completely. It was no big deal - just a matter of making my mind up to try to go all day just vaping. After I made a full day, I thought I'd go for two - that was 4 months ago. One word of warning - once you make about three months, don't try smoking again - you won't believe how rank (bad) they taste. I couldn't believe it. I smoked those nasty things for 40 years! It was like puffing on the tail pipe of a city bus - just awful. Now I can't go back, but that's not a bad thing!

Good luck,

Ed.

papa_cadillac

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2010
cottageville, SC
I'll type this once: Reo with an 801 atty, Backwoods Applewood Tobacco juice(24 mg), a freshly charged 18650 battery. Push the button, take a long slow drag, close your eyes, and you'd swear you were taking a drag off an analog!
That's my story, end of the line.
(Okay, still waiting for the Mini Reo, but that'll be the REAL end!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread